Banks... Banks... Who trusts banks?

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
richard

Banks... Banks... Who trusts banks?

Post by richard »

25 years ago I remember a friend tell me how concerned he was that his grandmother carried her whole life savings of $30,000 Australian dollars in her handbag. She always told him she never trusted banks and he honestly thought she was a sausage short of a bbq! She was in her seventies, so at the time of the 'Wall Street Crash', she would have been in her twenties. It bothered me then because I couldn't understand why someone would take such risk especially of being that age. To recall this in my memory now explains one thing - I listened to a generational crisis still active (well for this eldery lady) and have finaly brought closure on her action!! Things are falling into place now... has anyone any similar stories?

010hnoor

Re: Banks... Banks... Who trusts banks?

Post by 010hnoor »

She was in her seventies, so at the time of the 'Wall Street Crash', she would have been in her twenties. It bothered me then because I couldn't understand why someone would take such risk especially of being that age.
NOOR

gerald

Re: Banks... Banks... Who trusts banks?

Post by gerald »

The European Commission is taking legal action against six European countries, including the Netherlands and Luxembourg, after they failed to implement rules that would allow for depositors to have their cash CONFISCATED. ( Capitals mine )

EU Takes Countries To Court Over 'Bail-In' Laws http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-2 ... -bail-laws