Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Tom Mazanec

Re: Financial topics

Post by Tom Mazanec »

We are still eating 2021 crops and meat. With everything going wrong in global agriculture we will soon see food prices go into warp drive…maybe even by the election.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:55 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:18 pm
I'm starting to think this might be a final melt up ... it's possible this might go to new ATHs

Bizarro world
You might be right, its possible, but perhaps not. Lets see.
But the one we can say with confidence is that stock markets have a habit of going up further and for longer than you think, and also they go down further and for longer than you think.
And people love reasons: The stock market went up today because of ... blah blah. But the reason so often is sentiment. This is the reason why technical analysis works so well in short term trading
Yes, I'm sitting tight.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:40 pm
The first thing that caught my attention is from the April low it took 43 trading days for the Nikkei to reach the rebound high. The reason that caught my attention was I already knew that when the S&P completed its first wave down in March 2008, the counter trend move that happened before the 2008 crash took 44 trading days to complete.
Today is day 39 or 40 depending on how it is counted (intraday low or closing low) from the June low.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:14 am
It would be really good for bears if the 50 percent retracement at 4228 doesn't get exceeded. The 50 percent retracement didn't get exceeded in 1989/1990 on the Nikkei and if it doesn't it seems possible the bulls could knock on the door for quite some time as I mentioned before.
Having the 50 percent retracement get exceeded makes getting into a short position a lot harder for me at least. As posted, I added to shorts at 4240. I covered those on the plunge that afternoon, added them back on into the close on Friday, covered them on the dip this morning, and added them back on just now. The problem with this is even if the bears are eventually right, there are going to be short covering spikes that will be scary and poorly defined as to where they will stop. I like this area because it is 700 points above the September 2020 spike to 3589 but 4310 looks good too because that is the 57 percent retracement, which is a retracement that has previously happened before a major crash (1929 and 2008).
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://creativedestructionmedia.com/in ... -in-wuhan/
They have to get America out of the way. The Agency issue is failure on levels the States ignored to long.
Asymmetric warfare as yes we know as do the swamp slugs.

4,293.03 is not 43xx
book four will add more then

Sweeps of beta and PE are stringent and we will not dilute the maps.
We are idiots you will lose all your money. ra = rrf + Ba (rm-rrf)

Border issues have been accommodated long enough so load them into amtrack cars with DNC propaganda leaflets.
The streets of McAllen and Harlingen, Texas are so dangerous, no one goes out at night any more.
Ship them to DC, Fairfax County, VA, and Martha's Vineyard and tell the they can't leave.

As reported by Breitbart Texas, nearly 50,000 migrants entered the United States in July within Del Rio Sector.

We are confident DC and NYC mayors will stand in a puddle of piss whining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QS_UyW2SY Sometimes

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRF4uccV6to

We expanded our education.
We educate ours.
CRT is not education.
Bluntly lie cheat steal is real.

Minneapolis teachers union agreement stipulates White teachers be laid off first, regardless of seniority.
The cult’s tactic is to tie up an individual’s sense of self-worth. They are diseased and crayon chewing brains.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/minne ... d789fb7c67

Paul Johnson and Peter Zeihan you will gain an understanding of the changing global order,
and why you can be optimistic about the future of America.

Yours will not be.
If those two can survive assassins, thieves, and this grifter in chief with the current swamp lunatics good luck to them.

https://marcosammon.com/images/double-w ... -it-is.pdf

Now that we have an idea of how our estimation strategy would work in an ideal setting,
we can discuss some of the problems that might arise when implementing it using real-world data.

We think it is noteworthy that this line of reasoning gave no hint that previous estimates for the passive-ownership share were
off by a factor of two. The size of this blind spot suggests that, at the very least, there is an important ingredient missing from these models.

Jeremiah Johnson : I can skin most anything.

Bear Claw Chris Lapp : You sure are cocky, for a starvin' pilgrim.
Last edited by aeden on Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Why Is The UN Promoting A Kind Of Food Production Proven To Reduce Yields, Raise Prices, And Topple Governments?

You where warned since Khrushchev.

Suicide Squad shorts into the Tsunami of capital coming into the market in the next few sessions. tyler weekday is much more fun.

Stay frosty winters coming.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:48 pm

Having the 50 percent retracement get exceeded makes getting into a short position a lot harder for me at least. As posted, I added to shorts at 4240. I covered those on the plunge that afternoon, added them back on into the close on Friday, covered them on the dip this morning, and added them back on just now. The problem with this is even if the bears are eventually right, there are going to be short covering spikes that will be scary and poorly defined as to where they will stop. I like this area because it is 700 points above the September 2020 spike to 3589 but 4310 looks good too because that is the 57 percent retracement, which is a retracement that has previously happened before a major crash (1929 and 2008).
Higg, I agree with your calc that 4310 is a 57% retracement, and am fascinated that 57% was the figure before the 1929 and 2008 crashes. But am clueless as to why 700 points above September 2020 spike is relevant and/or important. Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain?

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://rumble.com/v1eh3bf-clif-high-kh ... story.html
Imagine trying explain the grey pope to the targeted eco tribes.
https://assets.weforum.org/editor/qm8yx ... tW5Q1w.png
You are at the most important time to build your local support network you still do not fathom.
Name an area we did not try to protrect that the swamp is trying to negate for your actual well being.
You are the target of these demented lunatics.

-$0.01 Aug 16, 2022, 9:03 AM ET
Yes even we have a bad start to the day.
Captain Oatmeal is not on your side kids.

But the root may be withered. You know what the Fig is and what in Time he will do.
As we are warned about the leafs on the tree and what happens after that.
We are doubtful the Senate can wake up for some time now.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

richard5za wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 am
Higg, I agree with your calc that 4310 is a 57% retracement, and am fascinated that 57% was the figure before the 1929 and 2008 crashes.
For 1929, I'm using a daily chart of the Dow to estimate the retracement from the September high to the October low to the October high before the crash. I don't know the exact numbers so could be off by a percent or two.
richard5za wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 am
But am clueless as to why 700 points above September 2020 spike is relevant and/or important. Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain?
The S&P has been moving in increments of about 700 points from some important highs to other important highs. From the spring 2012 high of 1422, it moved 712 points to the 2015 high of 2134. From the February 2020 high of 3393, it moved 2 times 712.5 points to the 2022 high of 4818. So together with the timing, 3589 plus about 700 points could provide at least resistance and possibly an important high.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

NoMansLand

Post by NoMansLand »

My understanding of markets tops out around Econ 102. We have many professionals on this thread. Would one or more of you please reassure me in my feeling that all of this is wrong?

My gut says everyone with even an ounce of power is firefighting with all their might to get us past the mid-term election. It tells me that this is the main driver of the disconnect between reports and reality. That most of this, good news is good/bad news is also good, comes from numbers being massaged or windows of time being cherry picked to show an illusion. Or is it something else?

I had never heard of Jerome Powell before he took his current position back in '18. Most seem to believe he is as anxious to get back to easy money as they are. I can only hope he has gone along with things as they were for so long because he thought the economy could take one more for the team. Please tell me that he knows he has to keep hiking, even in the face of pain, to preserve the dollar's reserve currency status. Tell me that he is a man of fortitude who has always been determined to do WHATEVER the situation called for, even if he hoped it wouldn't come up.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place.