Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Cool Breeze

Re: Financial topics

Post by Cool Breeze »

vincecate wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:52 pm
Hey Higgy! Nice to see you.

German PPI for December was 24.2%
This is the highest increase since they started recording PPI.

https://www.destatis.de/EN/Press/2022/0 ... 61241.html
Deflation! Deflation I say!

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:13 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:48 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:30 pm

You mean a new dark age in dark Democrat urban ghettos, right?

It's best to be quite clear and specific. Some people around here might get scared.

No, I don't mean that. The new dark age is sweeping across all America and the world. However, it's more visibly accessible and apparent in the urban locations documented. A few years ago, it was noted that life expectancy first began falling in rural counties in the red states.
On what basis, civil war?

Or international war and grid shutdown?

These are the best answers I can come up with off the top of my head. I think they all say basically the same thing.
Navigator wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:02 am
Wisdom and knowledge, the backbone of a society, disappear as moral degeneracy supplants moral integrity. Accomplished individuals decrease and principled persons are marginalized as people turn selfish and hedonistic. In the end, law and order break down, commerce declines, and people fall prey to society’s lowest elements. When those who hold communities together, whose duty is to safeguard against corruption, become corrupt themselves, a nation disintegrates from within. A common denominator in such cases is Jehovah’s people forgetting their God (Isaiah 17:10-11).
aeden wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:49 pm
"Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinishable from evil." Packwood's Law

Bonhoeffer‘s Theory of Stupidity - The most important insight is that stupidity is essentially a moral failing more than an intellectual one.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 pm
My thesis is that a Dark Age scale population reduction can only come about through large scale individual moral and institutional failure.

I think it has to be, at its root, an ethics problem. There are a lot of commonalities to, let's say, the pervasive belief that it is acceptable for an institution not to be Triple A, not to have pristine credit. It's become acceptable, even considered preferable, not to be or exhibit pristine anything on both an individual and institutional level.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:24 am
richard5za wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:45 am
vincecate wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:47 pm
Maybe people are now ready for crash. Fed plans to pivot faster than people expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3XRps1qEHI

https://www.barrons.com/articles/fomc-f ... 1641336039

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sizmtHfkOdE
I don't think so! Six months ago on 6 July the S&P 500 was at 4343. The recent period has seen a fall from a record high at around 4800 down 100 index points to 4700. Looks like media hype! The bull trend in theory remains intack. It could easily rally back up and hit 4850 and higher

Higg, are you in or out of the market at present? I recently went long but took profits and sold out, and currently in cash.
I've been in and out of the market taking it day by day and trading short term. Today is the first day I've been out in awhile. Watching and waiting today.

This is an interesting market in a lot of ways.
I think we might be seeing a stock market reversal in the last few days, with plenty of ups and downs to come, a choppy market in fact, but the peak on the S&P 500 at circa 4800 at beginning January. The 50 day trend is turning down and looking like becoming a bear!

Yes, I agree Higgie, a very interesting market. The old traders expression "bulls walk up the stairs but the bears jump out the window" is mostly true, so I have a feeling that some fireworks might happen between end January and second week February. Lets see.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Girl shot 22 times. Murderer out on bond.
As we know democrats are brain dead.
Democrats will not need a pension just like Bob Bish learned the hard way again.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=History%27s+G ... &ia=images

Specifically, they assume that each agent believes that his opponent plays a Nash strategy with
probability p < 1. With probability (1- p) his opponent plays the "stubborn" strategy of
competing forever.

Somebody forgot His snow shovel.

Book 4 will be open for some time. You will not learn.

The erorrs of AI is the basis of our current return.

Once again H was paying attention and few here also. https://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24970#p24970
Both went under and we got out when the reversion was clear to the insanitys you are and will be paying for today.
You will be lucky if it stays under 100 for what you must have to build your precious you had over 50 years to do.

Like we said the seal in the forehead is claiming beyond numbers to reconsile. Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:18 am

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/pelos ... -car-while
body farm and you have no idea what is already here

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

I think next week will be exciting.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Blackrock fears coal only when its used by Biscuits locally. ChinCo are free to burn as much coal as they like from the export nodes
we already noted..
Last edited by aeden on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:13 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:48 pm

No, I don't mean that. The new dark age is sweeping across all America and the world. However, it's more visibly accessible and apparent in the urban locations documented. A few years ago, it was noted that life expectancy first began falling in rural counties in the red states.
On what basis, civil war?

Or international war and grid shutdown?

These are the best answers I can come up with off the top of my head. I think they all say basically the same thing.
Navigator wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:02 am
Wisdom and knowledge, the backbone of a society, disappear as moral degeneracy supplants moral integrity. Accomplished individuals decrease and principled persons are marginalized as people turn selfish and hedonistic. In the end, law and order break down, commerce declines, and people fall prey to society’s lowest elements. When those who hold communities together, whose duty is to safeguard against corruption, become corrupt themselves, a nation disintegrates from within. A common denominator in such cases is Jehovah’s people forgetting their God (Isaiah 17:10-11).
aeden wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:49 pm
"Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinishable from evil." Packwood's Law

Bonhoeffer‘s Theory of Stupidity - The most important insight is that stupidity is essentially a moral failing more than an intellectual one.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 pm
My thesis is that a Dark Age scale population reduction can only come about through large scale individual moral and institutional failure.

I think it has to be, at its root, an ethics problem. There are a lot of commonalities to, let's say, the pervasive belief that it is acceptable for an institution not to be Triple A, not to have pristine credit. It's become acceptable, even considered preferable, not to be or exhibit pristine anything on both an individual and institutional level.
Those are great quotes my friend, thank you.

I especially love Bonhoeffer's Theory of Stupidity.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:24 am
richard5za wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:45 am

I don't think so! Six months ago on 6 July the S&P 500 was at 4343. The recent period has seen a fall from a record high at around 4800 down 100 index points to 4700. Looks like media hype! The bull trend in theory remains intack. It could easily rally back up and hit 4850 and higher

Higg, are you in or out of the market at present? I recently went long but took profits and sold out, and currently in cash.
I've been in and out of the market taking it day by day and trading short term. Today is the first day I've been out in awhile. Watching and waiting today.

This is an interesting market in a lot of ways.
I think we might be seeing a stock market reversal in the last few days, with plenty of ups and downs to come, a choppy market in fact, but the peak on the S&P 500 at circa 4800 at beginning January. The 50 day trend is turning down and looking like becoming a bear!

Yes, I agree Higgie, a very interesting market. The old traders expression "bulls walk up the stairs but the bears jump out the window" is mostly true, so I have a feeling that some fireworks might happen between end January and second week February. Lets see.
If it does have a large draw down (greater than 20%), will it be one that takes several months, or several weeks?

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm

If it does have a large draw down (greater than 20%), will it be one that takes several months, or several weeks?
[/quote]

That depends upon how far it goes down. If the S&P 500 goes down and bottoms at about 700, which is my prediction, it should take some 2 to 3 years. But with huge volatility and many bull and bear traps. When I was at university in the 60's the economist John Kenneth Galbraith was popular and its well worth reading his description of the great crash of 1929 - 33.