Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

Over the years, I've heard a lot of speculation on what will be seen technically in the market before the big bear market starts, the real bear market. I remember this from below (which implies the market needs to stay below 4412 to confirm a bear market) and also something many years ago (maybe around 2003) from a former pit trader who said the "word" was that the market would correct, then stay below 97% of its record high (which implies the market needs to stay below 4410 to confirm a bear market). It's been interesting to watch these numbers and watch the bots do what the bots do (and the criminals who run them) as they punch the market over these numbers.

I think next week will decide the direction of this market for the next few weeks.

tor

3.0 out of 5 stars he is a pretty cocky arrogant guy

Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2015

Verified Purchase

i have been to one of Cook's trading seminars at his business centre in central Ohio, he is a pretty cocky arrogant guy. The first thing he says to everyone once they are seated is to thank them for losing money in the market. implicit in this is that you are giving it to him. In this long interview he repeats himself a lot and uses terms he doesn't bother to define. I have no idea what a heavy market is. I shouldn't have to guess. he predicts that if there is a 30% correction institutions will fail . peoples lives will be ruined and many will never recover, then he says he is not trying to scare anyone or create a panic or fear.

i agree a bear market is coming but it is hard to like this guy. The one really useful piece of information i got out of this was when he talked about how to recognise a bear market.

If the market corrects four percent or more and then doesn't bounce back at by least half of that correction then the bear market has begun.
https://www.amazon.com/Prepare-Survive- ... merReviews

We know 50% retracements get exceeded all the time now and 61.8% also.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

The worst of the pensions (CA, IL, NJ/NY) are done within 2 years, and you are right aeden, everyone knows it. Especially when we see what Q1 and Q2 in America look like in 2022. But they'll wait until then and play stupid. Smart people will be long gone from those shitholes.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 pm
Assuming Bitcoin doesn't make a new all time high, by your definition, did you really buy the dip in Bitcoin? I would say you did. From what I'm reading here, my interpretation is you would say you didn't.
You've been assuming this, and been wrong, for a decade now.

Apparently I'm not allowed to talk about what I do, so I'll just say regarding BTC, yet again, you are wrong.

It's funny being wrong over and over again and still not repenting or relenting.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 pm
Assuming Bitcoin doesn't make a new all time high, by your definition, did you really buy the dip in Bitcoin? I would say you did. From what I'm reading here, my interpretation is you would say you didn't.
You've been assuming this, and been wrong, for a decade now.

Apparently I'm not allowed to talk about what I do, so I'll just say regarding BTC, yet again, you are wrong.

It's funny being wrong over and over again and still not repenting or relenting.
I'm sorry you're upset because I've been correct and Bitcoin hasn't exceeded its all time high since April.

But that wasn't really the issue here. The issue was what does it mean to buy the dip, in case your reading level hasn't advanced beyond the fourth grade level John assessed it at (correctly I might add).

Since Bitcoin is temporarily up, I thought I'd give you an exit door that only a Russian troll would take and, true to form, you took it just like the Russian troll that John said you are.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

** 14-Oct-2021 World View: Buy the dip

I'm not sure what's going on here, but "I'm not allowed to talk about
what I do" is the opposite of what I told you. I was responding to
"Buy the dip. You'll be glad you did." This had you selling Bitcoin
like a breakfast cereal commercial.

I told you to just say what you're going to do, and not give
investment advice. So just say, "I'm going to buy the dip," and leave
it at that.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:25 pm
** 14-Oct-2021 World View: Buy the dip

I'm not sure what's going on here, but "I'm not allowed to talk about
what I do" is the opposite of what I told you. I was responding to
"Buy the dip. You'll be glad you did." This had you selling Bitcoin
like a breakfast cereal commercial.

I told you to just say what you're going to do, and not give
investment advice. So just say, "I'm going to buy the dip," and leave
it at that.
If that's what you told him, then there are other issues here beyond what I've seen.

I thought he was just trolling. Didn't realize he had been hawking Bitcoin like a breakfast cereal commercial. Though I now recall pointing out several months ago that he had been doing that on other forums.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 pm
I'm sorry you're upset because I've been correct and Bitcoin hasn't exceeded its all time high since April.
Thank you for exposing yourself yet again, right on cue.

Higgy posts and it was at 57k, now at 61.5k

It ain't close to the high. Right?

RIGHT?

LOL, you lose again.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Your needling just keeps showing you are obsessed with irrelevant details.

Barely anyone bought or was able to buy at 31k, bro. It went immediately back to 38k. What do you want me to do, not sleep at all just so I can tell you I got a good price.

Stop wasting our time with these silly questions. Forget about BTC, you don't believe in it anyway, I'm sick of trying to have a reasonable dialogue with unreasonable people, so change the topic. Jeez.
At the low of the year in Bitcoin, Cool Breeze was curled up in the fetal position and shaking like a leaf. Back then, mentioning the price of Bitcoin was "needling" and the price was "irrelevant details".

At the same time I was buying.

Now Cool Breeze watches every tick. What for, I don't know. To sell? To go short? To see how much money the Jews are making? Who knows.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 am
Bitcoin is down 30% this morning to 31,000.

I'm nibbling a little bit on the miners for a trade. I think the institutions will come in this morning and support Bitcoin at this support level, as they have a lot at stake.

The miners just bounced about 3% and I am already out.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

This is an old post which reviews some of the topics referred to on the previous page.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 pm
John wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:51 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:21 pm
> Also, John, you and C. B. are calling each other liars because you
> claim he has called us "Satanists and degenerates". I don't recall
> such a post offhand, but this forum is just a sideline for
> me...it's not one of my top five (just top ten :) ). But you can
> settle this argument easily. Just post a link to the post where
> C. B. said this.
He said it this post:

viewtopic.php?p=60911#p60911

Breeze harbors bigoted hatred toward Jews and Muslims, and
appears to be a Russian troll, though he scrambles to backtrack when
he reveals it, once again making him unlike Butler.

I think this may be the reason Breeze and I are talking past each other on the topic of price.

Since I'm 1/8 Jewish, I have an innate feel for what prices to pay at any particular time.

Since Breeze doesn't have any Jewish blood in him, he just says to pay whatever and that the price you pay is irrelevant details. Jews definitely don't feel that way. Jews like to get the best prices they can get and they know how to do it.

Virtually everyone I talk to about markets is Jewish and we never get bent out of shape when discussing these topics. If a Jew asks me why I didn't buy, I tell him and vice-versa. These are normal conversations for Jews.