Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
John

Re: Financial topics

Post by John »

I've just received this week's subscriber-only Debka newsletter (sent
to me by a subscriber). It contains a lengthy analysis of the
political situation in Saudi Arabia, including the following
paragraph:
Debka Weekly wrote: > 5. As the Shiite-Sunni contest builds up, Riyadh sees the two main
> world powers, America and Russia, tilting towards the Shiite bloc
> of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Hizballah versus the Saudi-led lineup of
> the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Turkey and Pakistan.
This is exactly the lineup I've been predicting for years!!!! No one
is more astonished than I am that Generational Dynamics has been
correct time after time after time!! I'd be even more excited if it
didn't mean that we're all going to be killed. Oh well.

Nathan G

Post by Nathan G »

John wrote: This is exactly the lineup I've been predicting for years!!!! No one
is more astonished than I am that Generational Dynamics has been
correct time after time after time!! I'd be even more excited if it
didn't mean that we're all going to be killed. Oh well.
That's incredible, John! I wonder if you could either explain how this lineup fits into Generational Dynamics or link us to your original article.
I'm still very novice at the application of Generational Dynamics, so I'm excited to see that it can predict something very specific like the contenders in a conflict.

Just imagine the day that GD can be extended into the distant future, predicting the exact details of disasters decades or even whole generations before they happen.

John

Post by John »

Nathan G wrote: > That's incredible, John! I wonder if you could either explain how
> this lineup fits into Generational Dynamics or link us to your
> original article. I'm still very novice at the application of
> Generational Dynamics, so I'm excited to see that it can predict
> something very specific like the contenders in a conflict.
In a non-crisis war, politicians order armies into war. So in the
case of the Vietnam war and the two Iraq wars, American politicians
ordered the wars, but there was no visceral feeling of animosity of
Americans towards the Vietnamese or Iraqis. The wars ended without
any kind of explosive climax.

In a crisis war, mobs of people start killing each other without
being ordered to.

So what happened in Rwanda in 1994 was that there were two ethnic
groups -- the Hutus and the Tutsis. They had lived together for
decades, had intermarried, had their kids play games with each other
and so forth.

Then one day, a Hutu leader announced over the radio, "Cut down the
tall trees." That statement caused an explosion of visceral hatred.
On cue, each Hutu did something like the following: Picked up a
machete, went to the Tutsi home next door, or down the street,
murdered and dismembered the man and children, raped the wife and then
murdered and dismembered her. Close to a million Tutsis were
tortured, raped and murdered in a three month period. That was the
explosive climax.

So if you're trying to predict the timing and belligerents in
non-crisis wars, you have to make political predictions, which Chaos
theory tells you are unreliable. You can look at polls or other
political barometers, subject to the knowledge that they can change
overnight if the wrong butterfly flaps its wings.

But if you're trying to predict the timing and belligerents in crisis
wars, the rules are different. You have to look at long-term trends,
often going back centuries, to determine which ethnic groups "hate"
each other, and then match up the long-term trends with current events
to see who's going to be fighting whom in the next crisis war.

This is the concept of "long-term forecasting" and "short-term
forecasting" that I've written about descriptions of the Generational
Dynamics methodology, such as in my 2010 paper:

** International Business Forecasting Using System Dynamics With Generational Flows
** http://GenerationalDynamics.com/gdgraph ... namics.pdf

However, you can't predict the timing of a crisis war, because you
don't when the appropriate trigger will occur (such as a high school
student shooting an Archduke to start World War I).

Similarly, there's no way to judge the significance of today's
massive stock market selloff. We know that a major panic and crash
is coming, but there's no way to tell whether today's selloff if
the first step of not.

I've written many times (mostly in bits and pieces) that in the
coming Clash of Civilizations world war, the "allies" will be
the United States, India, Russia and Iran, while the "axis" will
be China, Pakistan, and the Sunni Muslim countries.

The summary behind the reasoning is as follows: China is very closely
allied with Pakistan, which is very closely allied with the Sunni
states. China and India are bitter enemies, as are Pakistan and
India. Russia and India are very closely allied, and India is very
closely allied with Iran, as Hindus have been allied with Shia Muslims
going back to the Battle of Karbala. So the US is going to be allied
with India, Russia and Iran, versus China, Pakistan, and the Sunni
Muslim states. Just remember that Russia was our bitter enemy before
WW II, was our ally during WW II, and was our bitter enemy after WW
II. You can't make judgments from today's fatuous political
alignments to how nations will act when they're forced to make hard
choices in the context of a generational crisis war. These major
decisions are made by the populations, large generations of people,
not by a few politicians when a nation and its way of life are
threatened.
Nathan G wrote: > Just imagine the day that GD can be extended into the distant
> future, predicting the exact details of disasters decades or even
> whole generations before they happen.
I would urge a great deal of caution before reaching this kind of
conclusion.

gerald

Post by gerald »

John , regarding the coming crises in the US --- Signs like the market down turn and things like this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/15/gr ... -arms.html

"Police chiefs are typically appointed by mayors, and their politics tend to line up with whoever chose them. Sheriffs, in contrast, are voted into office and in some cases espouse values of a constituency that is growing ever-more pro-gun"

Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey has told citizens they must be “that first line of defense,” according to Florida Today. Marion County Sheriff Chris Blair told the Tampa Tribune, “If you are certified to carry a gun, I would like to encourage you to do so.”

In Wisconsin, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke is one of the more visible pro-gun faces.

“I want as many law-abiding citizens to arm themselves in this county as we can get so that I have the partner that I need to beat back this sort of violence,” Clarke said during an interview on “Hannity” last week.
----------------------------------------------

In the Old West and during the founding of the country gun ownership was common. A generational change or politics?

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

John wrote: I've written many times (mostly in bits and pieces) that in the
coming Clash of Civilizations world war, the "allies" will be
the United States, India, Russia and Iran, while the "axis" will
be China, Pakistan, and the Sunni Muslim countries.
What about Europe? Will all European countries align with the US?

aedens

Post by aedens »

https://llbahwar.wordpress.com/american ... civil-war/
The USA was founded by sociopaths but Christianity (of sorts) hid the reality. Jefferson famously advised slaveholders to use the Irish to clear swamps rather than slaves whom he deemed an asset. Cost basis and we posted that chart to value.
Those who had not yet “made it” included Irish immigrants, who made up a large growing proportion of Northern factory workers. Republicans often saw the Catholic working class as lacking the qualities of self-discipline, temperance, and sobriety essential for their vision of ordered liberty. Republicans insisted that there was a high correlation between education, religion, and hard work—the values of the “Protestant work ethic“—and Republican votes.
The Steam engine and the cotton gin solved that equation as the social arbiters seen motive…
The American WASP project has been dispossessed by a Jewish oligarchy and they want revenge. Yet the double standard is obvious to everyone but the WASP himself. More rapes were perpetrated by the occupying Allies in 1945 Germany than the entire Muslim population in the same country since the Turks started arriving in the sixties. The Jewish oligarchs have done no more than expose the double standard which underpins WASP projects.
As the French Jesuits warned in the 19th century: if a country does not submit to the successor of Peter, it will eventually be taken over by Jewish oligarchs. This warning was issued as a description of process and not of Catholic Church intent. A distinction which WASPs are unable to grasp as they sit down to watch Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan or Tarantino's latest effusion.
When Republicans spoke of themselves as a party of “free labor“, they appealed to a rapidly growing, primarily middle class base of support, not permanent wage earners or the unemployed (the working class). When they extolled the virtues of free labor, they were merely reflecting the experiences of millions of men who had “made it” and millions of others who had a realistic hope of doing so. Like the Tories in England, the Republicans in the United States would emerge as the nationalists, homogenizers, imperialists, and cosmopolitans.
"A form of government interesting to ponerologists is one they have called pathocracy, in which individuals with personality disorders (especially psychopathy) occupy positions of power and influence. The result is a totalitarian system characterized by a government turned against its own people. A pathocracy may emerge when a society is insufficiently guarded against the typical and inevitable minority of such abnormal pathology, which ? Obaczewski asserts is caused by biology or genetics. He argues that in such cases these individuals infiltrate an institution or state, prevailing moral values are perverted into their opposite, and a coded language like Orwell's doublethink circulates into the mainstream, using paralogic and paramoralism in place of genuine logic and morality."
http://ponerology.com/

Professor Eugene Genovese, who has studied these biblical debates over slavery in minute detail, concludes that the pro-slavery faction clearly emerged victorious over the abolitionists except for one specious argument based on the so-called Curse of Ham (Gen 9:18–27). For our purposes, it is important to realize that the South won this crucial contest with the North by using the prevailing hermeneutic, or method of interpretation, on which both sides agreed. So decisive was its triumph that the South mounted a vigorous counterattack on the abolitionists as infidels who had abandoned the plain words of Scripture for the secular ideology of the Enlightenment.
Echoing Schlesinger, Forrest McDonald wrote that “the dynamics of the tension between federal and state authority changed abruptly during the late 1840s” as a result of the acquisition of territory in the Mexican War.
Pottawatomie massacre who were relocated earlier:
Earlier forced regional relocations in our local a decade after.
Treaty of Chicago, the Potawatomi had to leave Wisconsin by 1838.
http://www.mpm.edu/wirp/ICW-107.html
http://www.lib.niu.edu/2000/ihy001209.html
The earliest written records tell of the Sioux frequently occupying the region followed by the Mascoutin and the Miami. But by the time the white settlers arrived in the area which was the Kikamasung basin. The land was occupied by the Pottawatomi Tribe, a branch of the Algonquin people.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Indian-Remova ... 0756524520
From B Now for something completely different.
I have lived, since infancy, as an autistic person for many, many years. I can make it so you probably cannot see this now, due in part to my eating vast quantities of psychedelic chemicals. I have had many sociopathic friends. They trust autistic people, although we have virtually nothing in common, except in the very rare case of a person having both conditions. Some sociopathic people are mass murderers who kill millions. Others obey all the social norms, and are quite honest people of good will – but only out of sheer habit. However, even if an honest sociopath runs over a baby with a car, they will feel absolutely no guilt or remorse. They simply lack the ability to feel those emotions, and it is not a matter of choice for them. You could become a sociopath tomorrow. Just have a bad auto accident, injure a certain part of your frontal lobes, and you will instantly become a sociopath. This will not make you “evil”. Since sociopaths cannot feel guilt or remorse, they have profound disabilities. For example, they usually have the same lack of empathy for their own selves as they do for everyone else. So the very often become drug addicts. I believe what most neurotypical people fear most about the existence of sociopaths is that it makes a mockery of the fake constructs we have built up regarding “good”, “evil”, “honesty”, and so on. If we are smart we will jump to a new level. Shuffle off these ancient destructive paradigms. Let me give you a piece of advice: Once you completely absolutely abandon all impulses to control others, they completely absolutely lose any ability to control you. Wanting to control and also to be controlled is the fundamental pathology. So we are stuck today again with Cultural Marxist within the regions of also the waning to the silent weapons of the silent war of neo fascism who both reside as swamp tribes Lords of dubious mental afflictions called abilities to rule the Empires. Euripides was correct on whom he wishes to destroy.
Warning of facts to events seen before they even knew in polemical avarice.
Avarice, the spur of industry. David Hume
In our Home we say if the child misbehaves slap the grandmother. For those who still linger in doubt it shows the mother was raised incorrect and rottens the child. Grandmother is failing and we love her very much. We tell the grandchildren her grandmother was hunted by the very same goverment you talk of today. Once we know the point of life the true Master takes things from us you have no wisdom.
Attachments
thCASX8UTA.jpg
thCASX8UTA.jpg (8.61 KiB) Viewed 4437 times

aedens

Post by aedens »

You do not forget to report a loan from Goldman Sachs when your wife is a managing director.
http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cruze/2011/

The missionary position of compact-sedan styling
as having more than two modes is called "multimodal".

When all values appear the same number of times the idea of a mode is not useful.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/moneyline/sen ... btainable/
Last edited by aedens on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

We know how the story ends, in the Athenians’ disastrous expedition to Sicily and the subsequent oligarchic coup in Athens, and Thucydides foreshadows it all so that everything seems to be leading towards its derived conclusion.

Hubris of punishement from the Gods deserved.

Power can choose to respond in one or more of the following ways: reduce its commitments; accommodate the rising power; transfer its commitments to allies and partners; or increase its capabilities in an effort to improve its leverage, which can be accomplished by strengthening the domestic foundations of comprehensive power or by deploying increased manpower and resources into disputed areas of interest.

The historical phenomenon of the rise and fall of great powers is itself straightforward.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/rothenblog/ro ... ions/?dcz=

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote: The American WASP project has been dispossessed by a Jewish oligarchy and they want revenge. Yet the double standard is obvious to everyone but the WASP himself. More rapes were perpetrated by the occupying Allies in 1945 Germany than the entire Muslim population in the same country since the Turks started arriving in the sixties. The Jewish oligarchs have done no more than expose the double standard which underpins WASP projects. As the French Jesuits warned in the 19th century: if a country does not submit to the successor of Peter, it will eventually be taken over by Jewish oligarchs. This warning was issued as a description of process and not of Catholic Church intent. A distinction which WASPs are unable to grasp as they sit down to watch Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan or Tarantino's latest effusion.
Higgenbotham wrote: Correct, Bernanke has ground the producers to dust as was stated here at least 100 times. You can't get oil out of the ground for $35 because he simultaneously raised costs on the producers while destroying the wage structure. Europe is already finished with the US to follow shortly. The collapse will be total, orders of magnitude worse than the fall of Rome. Anglo American, the 5th largest mining company in the world. is laying off 2/3 of their workforce, 85,000 people, and shutting mines. Canary in the coal mine, literally.
BHP Billiton has written down the value of its US shale assets by $7.2bn (£5bn) as a result of the dive in oil prices.
Ratings agencies Moody's and Standard & Poor's have both warned that the company's dividend policy poses a risk to its credit rating.
The only way to exact revenge was to destroy the Anglo Saxon producers. Which will ensure the destruction of the Jews also when the civilization collapses and reverts to hunter gatherer status. Propaganda and the counterfeiting of tokens may temporarily shift resources but is worthless once the producers are gone and there are no resources to shift.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.