Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Guesr

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Guesr »

I lived in Haitil almost twenty years ago and the situation was not good then. I don't even want to imagine how bad it is now.

The US could end this in a couple of days by sending in the Marines. The Haiitans would welcome the marines. Haitian gangs do not fear the UN, they fear the Americans. Why won't Biden send them?

OPTICS.

American blacks ~that plague on the world~would cry racism when US marines start killing the gang members off and Biden knows it, so he won't lift a finger.

And I can't blame him.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:08 am
I have been reading through this thread and find it extremely interesting; however, I would like to ask what do you think life will be like for the average American in ten years (barring a nuclear war)?

I am curious what life will be like for the man on the street? Will America be just like Mexico? Or will it be like Haiti? I think both are bad outcomes (as I have been to both).

Could America breakup? That's what Martin Armstrong has said in interviews. I hope he is right.
Mexico and Haiti exist on the periphery of the hegemon and are in slow decline. Once the giant sucking sound from printed US dollars is silenced forever, it will not be a slow decline for the US or the man on the street in the US. It will be like jumping out of a 40th floor window versus taking the stairs down. I would expect the man on the street to be quickly transported back to approximately early 20th century living conditions without the infrastructure to support those conditions. So, for example, he will have a computerized front load washer and dryer hooked up to public utilities when what he needs is a wash board and well with hand pump like my grandmother had all the way until 1968. Very broadly speaking that should be approximately the day to day level if someone or some group can in theory isolate themselves from all the chaos that will be going on around them. But not even the Amish can; for example, idiots have been dumping radioactive oil industry waste along their roadsides, etc., as one of the previous articles I linked a few hours ago described and it will get worse after the giant sucking sound is silenced. America will effectively break up but I doubt there will be any formal lines drawn for a few decades or maybe even centuries after the collapse.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I was having an email discussion with a old guy who has been around markets for decades. He's like a market junkie. He spends just about every waking hour thinking about markets and has for a long time. He was saying this top that has been forming for over 2 years in the stock market has been going on so long because the market has been setting up for the biggest collapse ever. He talked about different topping processes in the past. I can't recall it all but, for example, the topping process in 2007 was a 3 month affair - there was a high in July then a slightly higher high in October. He thinks that compares to the high in January 2022 and the secondary high just reached in March 2024 or maybe still coming soon. His thought is this bear market is going to correct all the gains since the 1700s. Which kind of fits in with my previous post is the reason I brought it up.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 am
But not even the Amish can; for example, idiots have been dumping radioactive oil industry waste along their roadsides, etc., as one of the previous articles I linked a few hours ago described...
In the summer of 2017, Siri Lawson noticed a group of Amish girls walking down the side of a dirt road near the horse farm where she lives with her husband in Farmington Township, Pennsylvania. The girls, dressed in aprons and blue bonnets, had taken off their shoes and were walking barefoot. Lawson was horrified. She knew the road had been freshly laced with brine.

Radioactive oil-and-gas waste is purposely spread on roadways around the country. The industry pawns off brine — offering it for free — on rural townships that use the salty solution as a winter de-icer and, in the summertime, as a dust tamper on unpaved roads.

Brine-spreading is legal in 13 states, including the Dakotas, Colorado, much of the Upper Midwest, northern Appalachia, and New York. In 2016 alone, 11 million gallons of oil-field brine were spread on roads in Pennsylvania, and 96 percent was spread in townships in the state’s remote northwestern corner, where Lawson lives. Much of the brine is spread for dust control in summer, when contractors pick up the waste directly at the wellhead, says Lawson, then head to Farmington to douse roads. On a single day in August 2017, 15,300 gallons of brine were reportedly spread.

“After Lindell Road got brined, I had a violent response,” reads Lawson’s comments in a 2017 lawsuit she brought against the state. “For nearly 10 days, especially when I got near the road, I reacted with excruciating eye, nose, and lung burning. My tongue swelled to the point my teeth left indentations. My sinus reacted with a profound overgrowth of polyps, actually preventing nose breathing.”

The oil-and-gas industry has “found a legal way to dispose of waste,” says Lawson, 65, who worked as a horse trainer but is no longer able to ride professionally because of her illnesses. Sitting in her dining room, surrounded by pictures she has taken to document the contamination — brine running down the side of a road, an Amish woman lifting her dress to avoid being sprayed — she tells me the brine is spread regularly on roads that abut cornfields, cow pastures, and trees tapped for maple syrup sold at a local farmer’s market.

“There is nothing to remediate it with,” says Avner Vengosh, a Duke University geochemist. “The high radioactivity in the soil at some of these sites will stay forever.” Radium-226 has a half-life of 1,600 years. The level of uptake into agricultural crops grown in contaminated soil is unknown because it hasn’t been adequately studied.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/amer ... wtab-en-us

Post by Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
America will effectively break up but I doubt there will be any formal lines drawn for a few decades or maybe even centuries after the collapse.
What do you mean?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:44 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
America will effectively break up but I doubt there will be any formal lines drawn for a few decades or maybe even centuries after the collapse.
What do you mean?
The Federal government won't be very effective and people will have to organize on a local level to get things done that the Federal government previously did. In most cases, that won't be a formal process for some time. Who is in charge and responsible for getting things done on a local level or whether there is anyone at all will depend on conditions and resources available at that time and will be variable. Still, even though the Federal government can't be very effective, most people will still consider themselves to have allegiance to the United States as citizens for some time. How long that will be is hard to say. Let's say Trump is President when the economy collapses. Trump may say for example that FEMA or whoever can't help you now, we don't have the resources at this time so get help in your local area but I'm still in charge and we'll regroup at the Federal level and make America great again.

Post by Guest »

At least Trump would tell it like it is.

Post by Guest »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:45 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:55 am
Meanwhile in London...

The tube is filthy, London streets scruffy and crime ridden.

Two broken bottles remained on the steps down to Bakerloo Trafalgar Square tube station, for an entire day on Tuesday. Multiple people told tube staff who were chatting at a booth. The staff directed them to call Westminster Council. The glass was 20 feet away from them. And the escalators are never machine cleaned to bring out the metallic shine of the grooves as they do in the first world. Asked the station manager in relatively new Tottenham Court Road and she gave me a passive aggressive lecture about how her station’s escalators are regularly cleaned. It doesn’t take a Swiss person to see the grooves are never cleaned, and heavily soiled black.
A picture would be worth a thousand words. Can you take some photos of what you are describing and post them?

I've been intending to document a similar situation and was prepared to take photos one day, but it was raining and the rain hid the filthy concrete. But it is coming very soon...
We don’t have “poverty” in the West. Not in any objective sense. Travel round the world if you want to see actual poverty.
We are, however, making a sterling effort to import poverty into the UK.

And there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with “inequality”. Inequality is a sign that we’re generating wealth. Only a society with no wealth will ever be perfectly “equal”. You cannot have opportunity and economic growth without inequality.

The only problem we really have is that we are pursuing the wrong goals and investing so much wealth in value-destroying activities and impossible dreams. It’s so frustrating – it’s all so easily fixable.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:05 am
We don’t have “poverty” in the West. Not in any objective sense. Travel round the world if you want to see actual poverty.
We are, however, making a sterling effort to import poverty into the UK.

And there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with “inequality”. Inequality is a sign that we’re generating wealth. Only a society with no wealth will ever be perfectly “equal”. You cannot have opportunity and economic growth without inequality.

The only problem we really have is that we are pursuing the wrong goals and investing so much wealth in value-destroying activities and impossible dreams. It’s so frustrating – it’s all so easily fixable.
Any cursory glance at the testimony made by Indigenous participants at the
Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry in the 1970s clearly demonstrates the
significance of land in our critique of colonial-capitalist development. The
Mackenzie Valley Pipeline Inquiry was established in 1975 by the Government of
Canada to investigate the environmental and social impacts potentially posed
by the construction of a massive pipeline to transport natural gas from Prudhoe
Bay, Alaska, south along the Mackenzie River Valley to markets in southern
Canada and the USA. One of the most profound statements against the project
was delivered by Philip Blake, a Dene from Fort McPherson. Notice the three
interrelated meanings of “land” at play in his narrative: land-as-resource central
to our material survival; land-as-identity, as constitutive of who we are as a
people; and land-as-relationship:

If our Indian nation is being destroyed so that poor people of the
world might get a chance to share this worlds riches, then as Indian
people, I am sure that we would seriously consider giving up our
resources. But do you really expect us to give up our life and our
lands so that those few people who are the richest and most
powerful in the world today can maintain their own position of
privilege?

That is not our way.

I strongly believe that we do have something to offer your nation,
however, something other than our minerals. I believe it is in the self-
interest of your own nation to allow the Indian nation to survive and
develop in our own way, on our own land. For thousands of years
we have lived with the land, we have taken care of the land, and
the land has taken care of us. We did not believe that our society
has to grow and expand and conquer new areas in order to fulfill
our destiny as Indian people.
We have lived with the land, not tried to conquer of control it or rob
it of its riches. We have not tried to get more and more riches and
power, we have not tried to conquer new frontiers, or out do our
parents or make sure that every year we are richer than the year
before.
We have been satisfied to see our wealth as ourselves and the land
we live with. It is our greatest wish to be able to pass on this land to
succeeding generations in the same condition that our fathers have
given it to us. We did not try to improve the land and we did not try
to destroy it.

That is not our way.

I believe your nation might wish to see us, not as a relic from the
past, but as a way of life, a system of values by which you may
survive in the future. This we are willing to share.

When Blake suggests in his testimony that as “Indian people” we must reject the
pathological drive for accumulation that fuels colonial-capitalist expansion, he
was basing this statement on a conception of Dene identity which locates us as
an inseparable part of an expansive system of interdependent relations
covering the land and animals, past and future generations, as well as other
people and communities. This self-conception demands that we conduct
ourselves in accordance with certain ethico-political norms, which stresses,
among other things, the importance of sharing, egalitarianism, respecting the
freedom and autonomy of both individuals and groups, and recognizing the
obligations that one has not only to other people, but to the natural world as a
whole. It is this place-based imaginary that serves as the ethical foundation from
which many Indigenous people and communities continue to resist and critique
the dual imperatives of state sovereignty and capitalist accumulation that
constitute our colonial present.

aeden

Post by aeden »

H
3 standard dev
after hour brief look around
usual suspects
walking slowly into tltw
scalpers will eat the rest alive