Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

British financial consultant was saying we are heading for inflation. He said the inflation was not about the war.

Does the war in Ukraine change your deflation prediction, John?

How about gold? I have made money with gold lately.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:23 pm
richard5za wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:33 am
I do think that a couple of important points have been missed by the West, in that they don't understand Russia and especially not Putin

The first is the Russia has made sure that it is surrounded by vassal states for a very long time, about 300 years. This to protect the mother country. This was lost in 1991 with the break up of the Soviet Union, and the break up might have been tolerated except for the West's expansion of NATO, which again Russia has been complaining about for a long time. One of the telling things Putin said is that 'now maybe they will listen to me'
I think the West understands Putin's arguments quite well; it just discounts them. Russia is not entitled to have a halo of client states to provide some dubious protection. These days it makes little difference since missiles and air power have long range and fast speed.
The second is that Putin clearly doesn't want democracy and he wants to create circumstances that work against democracy, especially on Russia's borders. And I do think that the West over elevates the merits of democracy and don't listen to alternative views; for instance the poor of Peru, with all their difficulties of living are definitely much more joyful that the average American who has many, many times the wealth. The West now mostly overlooks the purpose of life.
Putin most likely doesn't want democracy at all and would be much happier under the old Soviet regime that he mourns so much. That doesn't mean that the people of Russia don't want it. But them Putin treats Russians as though he was a Tsar; who cares what the peasants want as long as they obey.
It might be our opinion that Russia is not entitled to a halo of client states but my point is that the West lacked the strategic thinking and finesse to avoid war over the matter. We weren't very clever at all! The cost of this war in terms of human suffering is going to be immense.

Post by Guest »

Abandoned Russian T90 and 2S3 Acacia SPG… that's a lot of rubles

Russia lost at least 3 T-90A.
That is, USD 4,5 million per vehicle.

A lot of the tanks and armored fighting vehicles that have been knocked out or abandoned after running out fuel are modern tanks, not Soviet leftovers from the 1980s. There are knocked out and abandoned tanks and armored fighting vehicles all over the Ukraine. The crews are dead, captured, or on the run.

Russian logistics has broken down.

Post by Guest »

Russian ruble per US Dollar

Ten years ago: 29.3

Five years ago: 58.2

Two years ago: 66.8

One year ago: 74.2

Now: 105.1

How much longer can Russia endure this?

Tomorrow will not be better for the Russian currency.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

richard5za wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:35 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
richard5za wrote:
I do think that a couple of important points have been missed by the West, in that they don't understand Russia and especially not Putin

The first is the Russia has made sure that it is surrounded by vassal states for a very long time, about 300 years. This to protect the mother country. This was lost in 1991 with the break up of the Soviet Union, and the break up might have been tolerated except for the West's expansion of NATO, which again Russia has been complaining about for a long time. One of the telling things Putin said is that 'now maybe they will listen to me'
I think the West understands Putin's arguments quite well; it just discounts them. Russia is not entitled to have a halo of client states to provide some dubious protection. These days it makes little difference since missiles and air power have long range and fast speed.
The second is that Putin clearly doesn't want democracy and he wants to create circumstances that work against democracy, especially on Russia's borders. And I do think that the West over elevates the merits of democracy and don't listen to alternative views; for instance the poor of Peru, with all their difficulties of living are definitely much more joyful that the average American who has many, many times the wealth. The West now mostly overlooks the purpose of life.
Putin most likely doesn't want democracy at all and would be much happier under the old Soviet regime that he mourns so much. That doesn't mean that the people of Russia don't want it. But them Putin treats Russians as though he was a Tsar; who cares what the peasants want as long as they obey.
It might be our opinion that Russia is not entitled to a halo of client states but my point is that the West lacked the strategic thinking and finesse to avoid war over the matter. We weren't very clever at all! The cost of this war in terms of human suffering is going to be immense.
The West is limited is what it can do against a megalomaniac who doesn't care if he financially cripples his own country for no real gain. It's Ukrainians and Russians who are going to be paying the majority of the bill. A good question is whether Russia will be able to recover of collapse financially.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:59 am
Russian ruble per US Dollar

Ten years ago: 29.3

Five years ago: 58.2

Two years ago: 66.8

One year ago: 74.2

Now: 105.1

How much longer can Russia endure this?

Tomorrow will not be better for the Russian currency.
This is why Russians hoard dollars.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 pm
This site is getting funnier and more amusing by the moment.

Snowden's a traitor, lol

then we list the daily mail report that "Putin is raging"

You guys are hysterical, I'm loving this total shit show of commentary, it's laughable.
Snowden has been a traitor for a long time. Stealing classified information and giving it to an enemy and seeking asylum from an enemy kinda fits the definition. They fact that you don't see this says something about you.
Americans understand that the government always had the potential to be an enemy, it's literally the foundation of our country. That you don't see that they steal information from us and use it as a cudgel (against we the people) is more sad than baffling to me.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:35 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
richard5za wrote:

Indeed. None of this had to happen, but the US would rather lie to the world, its citizens, and be bought off by China for its (real for now) fake money and slave labor.

And richard and I are wrong, is that right? Whatever.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Putin most likely doesn't want democracy at all
I don't want it either, especially when "democracy" exports global degeneracy, invades sovereign countries, and abuses its citizens and others via crony capitalism. That's what the US has been doing for decades. "Democracy" is a joke when the money printer and debt system control it all (you and other peons paying homage to a false idol).

The idol of Democracy, the new god, that's the way you like about it - religiously.

El Cid M

Post by El Cid M »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:16 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 pm
This site is getting funnier and more amusing by the moment.

Snowden's a traitor, lol

then we list the daily mail report that "Putin is raging"

You guys are hysterical, I'm loving this total shit show of commentary, it's laughable.
Snowden has been a traitor for a long time. Stealing classified information and giving it to an enemy and seeking asylum from an enemy kinda fits the definition. They fact that you don't see this says something about you.
Americans understand that the government always had the potential to be an enemy, it's literally the foundation of our country. That you don't see that they steal information from us and use it as a cudgel (against we the people) is more sad than baffling to me.
And if you said things like this about the government in Russia today, would be murdered or rotting in a gulag.