American xenophobia on the Left and on the Right

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

Both the loony left and the loony right are damaging America

** American xenophobia on the Left and on the Right
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 07#e101107

Contents:
"American xenophobia on the Left and on the Right"
"The view from the loony right"
"The world view of the xenophobic right"
"Historic comparisons to the 'Worldwide Muslim Uprising' model"
"The loony left and the Tea Party"
"The nihilism and destructiveness of Generation-X"
"The repudiation of mainstream news"
"What constitutes xenophobia toward Muslims?"

vincecate

Re: American xenophobia on the Left and on the Right

Post by vincecate »

Wernen von Braun was the German that helped design the Saturn V for the moon missions well after the war. Others were in the Nuclear development.

JULLIEN

Post by JULLIEN »

Dear John,

A little mistake but Werner Von Braun has more to do with rocketry than with atomic weapons. He was responsible for the design of the first strategic rockets, the V-1 and the V-2. After WW2, he surrendered to the U.S army (that's why he was not sued for using slave labor). To tell the truth, the four main winners (USA, UK, France and USSR) all used the "Hitler's scientists" for their valuable findings such as rocketry, jets, helicopters and even nuclear weapons (even if and luckily for mankind Americans outstriped them).

JULLIEN

John

Post by John »

Sorry everyone. I meant Albert Einstein. I posted the
correction.

John

hal_ lieberman

Post by hal_ lieberman »

Was the loony left right on the invasion of Iraq?

Who is responsible for Iraq and American deaths - the loony left?
The surge came 6 years into the war? Who was responsible?
Was the loony left right on the economy?
You deserve praise for your views but this equation of left and right is not one of your strong points.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:Sorry everyone. I meant Albert Einstein. I posted the
correction.
I don't think it is accurate to say Einstein developed nuclear technology. I think all he did was sign a letter:

"In August 1939, Leo Szilard and fellow Hungarian physicists Eugene Wigner and Edward Teller urged Albert Einstein to sign a letter they had drafted for President Roosevelt. Einstein's letter noted that the work of Fermi and Szilard "leads me to expect that the element uranium may be turned into a new and important source of energy in the near future."

http://inventors.about.com/library/inve ... letter.htm
http://inventors.about.com/od/astartinv ... c_bomb.htm

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

There is a video I recommend watching. It is called "Islam: What the West Needs to Know". You can find it on bit-torrent.

I think the Muslim danger/fear is something like the following:
1) They move in and have babies faster than the local population
2) When they get to a significant percentage they ask for some
leeway to do some Sharia Law.
3) Using Sharia Law and/or intimidation they get non-Muslim's to move out
4) As they get a clear majority they go to full Sharia Law, which does not follow Western values (women's rights etc).

This seems to really be going on at various stages in various places, including parts of Europe. Many people in Europe are concerned about this. It does not seem irrational to be concerned about this. Xenophobia is an irrational fear.

Post by Guest »

Vince, just what "have never been Muslim" countries are there where this has actually happened? In the last century or two, I mean.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Guest wrote:Vince, just what "have never been Muslim" countries are there where this has actually happened? In the last century or two, I mean.
If a country was Muslim 1,000 years ago and they replace democratic freedoms with Sharia Law now you don't think that counts?

In general religious beliefs don't impact people who are not part of that religion. So Westerners do not care what someone's religious beliefs are. But Islam is not like other modern religions. It also prescribes a legal system. This Sharia Law impacts people who are not part of the religion. It ends up driving out people who are not Muslim. This is different.

Free speech is a cornerstone Western value and Muslims have already made impressive inroads against it in many Western countries. In many you can be in legal trouble for saying bad things about Muslims. If someone says something bad about Muslims they can be accused of racism, sued, and might even have a leader in The Religion of Peace issue a fatwa calling for a random member to kill them. So I, and most of the world, will not debate this issue.
Last edited by vincecate on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

What Vincecate describes in his second Mon Nov 08 post is exactly what is happening in France. Some parts of France are at stage 1 of the evolution, some neighbourhoods around the big cities are at stage 2 or even 3. All this is happening with the blessing of the political elite... And at the same time, christians are mocked in the medias, the pope is termed an extremist and Jehovah witnesses are persecuted (precision: I'm a bright = a non-believer, so I don't think I'm biased on the subject of religions!)