Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
spottybrowncow

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by spottybrowncow »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Getting a shot is better than being healthy. Hmm, I guess, if you want more magic bullets and not be accountable for your health. No, the coronavirus isn't by any definition dangerous to healthy people. We were already at herd immunity a long time ago. The ignorance of most people regarding the covid scam is breathtaking.
I'm 62 y.o., operate in a hospital most days, healthy and athletic, and I MIGHT not have gotten the vaccine, except a friend of mine (also a physician) 5 years older than me, with no risk factors except HTN and mild obesity, died of Covid last Summer. I also have a friend who is an epidemiologist, so her life is consumed with Covid. She thinks that there is a genetic component to it that we don't yet understand, and that many people are completely immune, but a few people with no obvious risk factors are going to get very ill. Given that I have minor age children, I decided to get the vaccine, and have had no ill effects thus far. If you're still worried, you have to check one of two boxes on the form prior to getting the vaccine; check "NO MICROCHIP" like I did, and you'll be fine ;)

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:19 am
Born in 1946. Lived a great life in a great nation. Now retired 12 years and watching the US go down the drain due to the liberals and college 'edumacated' (yesterday I could not spell engenier and today I are one) millennials get their hands on the levers/controls to show how smart they are.
Go read the tablet article linked here

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... ty-tyrants

No ask yourself how many of those involved the 50 year destruction of America are Millenials. Now go look in the mirror and realize you’re generation destroyed the country.

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:13 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:

Getting a shot is better than being healthy. Hmm, I guess, if you want more magic bullets and not be accountable for your health. No, the coronavirus isn't by any definition dangerous to healthy people. We were already at herd immunity a long time ago. The ignorance of most people regarding the covid scam is breathtaking.
I'm 62 y.o., operate in a hospital most days, healthy and athletic, and I MIGHT not have gotten the vaccine, except a friend of mine (also a physician) 5 years older than me, with no risk factors except HTN and mild obesity, died of Covid last Summer. I also have a friend who is an epidemiologist, so her life is consumed with Covid. She thinks that there is a genetic component to it that we don't yet understand, and that many people are completely immune, but a few people with no obvious risk factors are going to get very ill. Given that I have minor age children, I decided to get the vaccine, and have had no ill effects thus far. If you're still worried, you have to check one of two boxes on the form prior to getting the vaccine; check "NO MICROCHIP" like I did, and you'll be fine ;)
The vaccines have not been through the normal trials so we have no idea what the medium or long term health implications will be.

The swine flu vaccine caused narcolepsy so there is history of problems with experimental vaccines.

It may be prudent for low risk groups, such as those under 50 with no underlying health problems, to take a watching brief on this one.

It is possible to have legitimate concerns about how these vaccines are being rolled out without being an anti-vaxxer.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:43 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

The vaccines have not been through the normal trials so we have no idea what the medium or long term health implications will be.

The swine flu vaccine caused narcolepsy so there is history of problems with experimental vaccines.

It may be prudent for low risk groups, such as those under 50 with no underlying health problems, to take a watching brief on this one.

It is possible to have legitimate concerns about how these vaccines are being rolled out without being an anti-vaxxer.
I agree. But everyone has their own level of prudence depending on their situation. I will wait as long as feasible because I can. Time will determine any potential side effects of a rushed-through vaccine. For some the risk of infection is greater than potential side effects, but not for others.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:43 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

This is exactly why John's response was utterly irresponsible. But forget facts, medical realities, and data. Who cares about those. Fear rules.

Apart from being a doc and around this potential disease for the better part of a year and a half, I don't or didn't get the flu vaccine either when possible. Why? It's a money making scam if you are a healthy person. And even for older people, it's still half scam on the basis of the flu not really killing someone who doesn't have a significant disease process, and that there are adverse effects. A breakout of cellulitis (which has happened to relatives of mine) would cause far more injury and inconvenience to the average person since it would require an Emergency Department trip if I couldn't prescribe medications on the spot. What's more, people DO have major reactions that are just like the flu for each of these vaccines.

SARS COV2 is not a lethal disease by any definition of reasonable people. I don't believe any sane person would call the flu a lethal disease, which proves the point.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

spottybrowncow wrote:
A friend of mine at work also died of this. He was 60, a non-smoker and non-drinker. No health issues, not overweight. He got it and was in the hospital after just a few days, and died about a week after that. On the other side, one of his close co-workers, along with the co-workers wife, got it, and they both just had what we would call a bad case of the flu. The co-worker and his wife both had health issues and are more overweight than average.

I would agree that there appears to be some kind of genetic disposition to the disease, though being old and in bad health/shape are also major factors. I too would urge people to get the shot. You just don't know if you are genetically in danger or not.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:08 pm
A friend of mine at work also died of this. He was 60, a non-smoker and non-drinker. No health issues, not overweight. He got it and was in the hospital after just a few days, and died about a week after that. On the other side, one of his close co-workers, along with the co-workers wife, got it, and they both just had what we would call a bad case of the flu. The co-worker and his wife both had health issues and are more overweight than average.

I would agree that there appears to be some kind of genetic disposition to the disease, though being old and in bad health/shape are also major factors. I too would urge people to get the shot. You just don't know if you are genetically in danger or not.
One of my dad's high school friends was a doctor who caught the virus from one of his patients. He then passed the virus to his elderly father at the latter's birthday party (he was still asymptomatic at the time). Both men became very sick, and the father died two weeks later. The son went into the hospital that same day. He then battled the virus for another five weeks before he too died.

The father was 89, the son was 57. The latter had no underlying health issues.

Post by guest »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:25 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:19 am
Born in 1946. Lived a great life in a great nation. Now retired 12 years and watching the US go down the drain due to the liberals and college 'edumacated' (yesterday I could not spell engenier and today I are one) millennials get their hands on the levers/controls to show how smart they are.
Go read the tablet article linked here

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... ty-tyrants

No ask yourself how many of those involved the 50 year destruction of America are Millenials. Now go look in the mirror and realize you’re generation destroyed the country.
I just get a blank screen.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

guest wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 am

Go back to page 569 of this thread, John made a pdf you can download.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

guest wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 am
The article that spottybrowncow posted was published online by "Tablet".

This is from the "about us" page on their site:

About Us

Tablet is a daily online magazine of Jewish news, ideas, and culture. Launched in June 2009, it’s a project of the not-for-profit Nextbook Inc., which also produces the Jewish Encounters book series, edited by Jonathan Rosen. Our archive holds all the articles and features that originally appeared on the website Nextbook.org.

I would guess that a lot of this blocking is due to what is in the first sentence, namely the Jewish part.

I no longer use either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome (unless forced to by sites that only work with these browsers). I have switched over to using Brave internet browser. It is an open source development that doesn't track you. You can check it out at https://brave.com