Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

It seems that Navi didn't even get that "passing laws" that are unconstitutional on their face, and subsequently obeying them, is NOT what an American would do. As we have already reached this point in many ways, each man has to decide for himself what to do, what risk and what gain he might have.

The idea that you are "holding America together" or "making good on the social contract" at this point by listening or bring obedient to leaders who hate our Constitution, is silly.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:04 pm
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:30 pm
it isn't that the "old duties" have been forgotten, it's more that the state has forbidden individual citizens from taking action by monopolizing the use of force. Try to form a posse now and the police will arrest you and throw you in jail.
Agreed that if a pro isn’t around, any citizen should be able to enforce the law. But that should be an immediate reaction when the pros have not had time to get there. Gathering a bunch of people to take a later action is no longer part of the plan. And, alas, training to take action effectively and safely is often forbidden.

But the threats have changed. The duties have been forgotten.
I think you're still missing the point: taking the kind of actions you're saying have been forgotten are explicitly prohibited and doing them will result in your imprisonment. As time has gone by the state has become more and more jealous of its police powers and protects its monopoly. Is it any wonder than people have been taught to stand back and let the professionals handle it? You're guilty of it yourself in your push to prohibit guns that were considered perfectly acceptable 20-30 years ago let alone 40-50 years ago.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

I don't know what to say or to think right now, as the world hangs on by just a thread. I need to disconnect for a while...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

For your edification you should visit our discussion on BTC, since you were wondering. There you will also see the difference in proper ways of thinking, and emotional ways of carrying on a debate. It is very informative.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Xeraphim1 wrote:
it isn't that the "old duties" have been forgotten, it's more that the state has forbidden individual citizens from taking action by monopolizing the use of force. Try to form a posse now and the police will arrest you and throw you in jail.
Agreed that if a pro isn’t around, any citizen should be able to enforce the law. But that should be an immediate reaction when the pros have not had time to get there. Gathering a bunch of people to take a later action is no longer part of the plan. And, alas, training to take action effectively and safely is often forbidden.

I think you're still missing the point: taking the kind of actions you're saying have been forgotten are explicitly prohibited and doing them will result in your imprisonment. As time has gone by the state has become more and more jealous of its police powers and protects its monopoly. Is it any wonder than people have been taught to stand back and let the professionals handle it? You're guilty of it yourself in your push to prohibit guns that were considered perfectly acceptable 20-30 years ago let alone 40-50 years ago.
Don't waste your time, Xeraphim.

John

Post by John »

** 26-Jan-2021 World View: The World is Hanging by a Thread
DaKardii wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm
> I don't know what to say or to think right now, as the world hangs
> on by just a thread. I need to disconnect for a while...
I can't say I blame you. What I see is extremely depressing. Things
have really gotten seriously worse in the last year. And there is no
better symbol of the insanity of the Democrats than yesterday's March
of the Penguins to deliver a document for a farcical impeachment to
remove from office someone who is no longer in office, and which even
the Supreme Court Chief Justice has rejected.

Here's something that I posted yesterday in the financial thread:
Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:12 pm
> The bubble is getting crazier and crazier.

> FUBO and IRBT were the craziest ones I saw today. Don't know
> about FUBO but there was no news on IRBT, and it moved up and down
> almost 50%.
The whole world is getting crazier and crazier. The links
that aeden posted yesterday are good examples, especially about
the bitcoin ponzi scheme and the "Holocaust level" atrocities
going on in China.

Add to that the growing level of violent antifa-blm riots in cities
across the country. (The laugh is that Pelosi wants to keep National
Guard troops in DC, supposedly to prevent violence by the "Proud
Boys." That's completely laughable. What's scaring her to death is
the antifa-blm fascist violence returning to DC, as it did last
summer.)

Add to that a president who spent the last year hiding in his basement,
who visibly has no idea what's going on, and is performing wholesale
reversal of all the protections that Trump put in to protect us,
appeasing the Chinese, opening the southern borders, and killing
energy independence, all with no rhyme or reason except emotional
hatred of Trump and his 75 million supporters.

So yes, the stock market bubble is getting crazier and crazier. So is
the political stupidity bubble.

Here are the two links posted by aeden:

-- The Crackdown on Human Rights in China 2016-2020
https://conservativepartyhumanrightscom ... Report.pdf
(UK Human Rights Commission, Jan 2021):

-- Tether / The Bit Short: Inside Crypto’s Doomsday Machine
https://crypto-anonymous-2021.medium.co ... dcf78a64d3
(Crypto-Anonymous, 14-Jan-2021)

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

I'm preparing for a good show this year. However much some would deride the book Navi wrote, it's still a good base for those of us who haven't caught on until now that systemic fragility affects our ability to survive. Skills and knowledge are needed to survive. Navigator helped John and some of us. Read it and comments in the appropriate section. No BS otherwise.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:33 pm
I’m entirely with variety store clerks keeping a weapon they know how to use under the counter. As far as I know, such is not prohibited or forbidden in most places. Now, gathering friends and going after the bad guy after the fact is frowned upon.

The Miller court case did establish a precedent that whatever weapon is not used by the average infantryman has nothing to do with the militia and thus can be regulated. This was a Jim Crow era precedent, but has not been overthrown. At the time, gangsters were common and carried sawed off shotguns and tommy guns which were not carried by the army or guard. It was a cheap way to set up a weapons ban so the judge thought himself clever. Of course, the tommy gun was commonly used in World War II, and Vietnam era tunnel crawlers commonly used shotguns. In the modern day, the army commonly carries assault rifles. Thus, the Miller precdent and litmus test is questionable.

I half remember a story about a Middle East war vet who found himself much later driving into a terrorist incident with his family. He noted where the two sets of combatants were, what the firing lanes were, and got his family out of danger. Nothing wrong with that? Yet, in many places wearing a uniform and sharing practical experience in combat is forbidden.

Seeing some of the capitol insurrectionists in full combat uniforms walking in single file with their hands on the guy in front of them has thus far not gathered them special attention or charges? This is apparently a standard tactic used by the military when assaulting buildings. Should groups share the lessons they learned in the military?

Now, I am not sure which point I am missing or what you think my opinions are. Could you be more explicit?

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Xeraphim1 wrote:

As I understand it, anyone CAN enforce the law ("citizen's arrest"), you just don't have the legal protections the police do. Why risk it.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 pm
It seems that Navi didn't even get that "passing laws" that are unconstitutional on their face, and subsequently obeying them, is NOT what an American would do. As we have already reached this point in many ways, each man has to decide for himself what to do, what risk and what gain he might have.

The idea that you are "holding America together" or "making good on the social contract" at this point by listening or bring obedient to leaders who hate our Constitution, is silly.
Our system is designed to have the courts decide what is unconstitutional or not. Not the individual.

If you decide not to obey some law that you personally believe is wrong, but the government believes is right, here is what will happen:

You will get arrested. You will have a police record. You will most likely lose your job as a result (and you won't be able to pass the background check to get a new job).

You will need to retain a lawyer to defend you in court. This will cost you thousands of dollars. They will probably not be able to get the charges dismissed, since you are actually breaking the law. Jail time and financial penalties will then be involved. You will then have a permanent conviction record, which is far worse than just a Police record.

You could, of course, decide to not allow the police to arrest you. You could fight back. This won't end well. You will either be dead, or will have other charges brought against you (resisting arrest, attempted murder).

So. Go ahead and "decide for yourself" what laws you are going to obey or not. It will NOT work out well for you.

Are you really going to shoot at the police and the National Guard? Good luck with that.

The leaders may indeed actually hate the constitution, but that is what gives us the framework for removing such leaders.