Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
jcsok

Re: Financial topics

Post by jcsok »

Had to pony up $$$ for a margin call. This market is only down 10% from the all time high. Yuge unemployment, oil field shut down. Advertising revenue off the cliff. What hammer drops next?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

jcsok wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:00 pm
Had to pony up $$$ for a margin call. This market is only down 10% from the all time high. Yuge unemployment, oil field shut down. Advertising revenue off the cliff. What hammer drops next?
I think you hit it on the head as to why the market keeps rising. Nobody can see an obvious and immediate hammer that drops next, not even the bears. Yet there are many many possibilities and we know one of them will rear its head at some point. For example, I keep seeing low level concern about the weakness in the stock prices of the banks, especially Wells Fargo in the states and Deutsche Bank in Europe. But those concerns have been with us for a such a long time that I don't think the market is any longer able to be proactive when it comes to these concerns because the can has been kicked for so long and therefore can only react when the headline appears.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

As to the significance of the questions asked to the Senator about money printing, I'll recount this example.

Back in 1994, I attended a meeting and the question was asked as to what the most significant environmental issue that was facing the state. Everyone was asked to submit their answers on a piece of paper and then the answers were organized and the most common answers were discussed.

My answer was that the most significant environmental issue facing the state was, with the passage of NAFTA and other free trade agreements, the state's environmental laws were more stringent and costly than the competitor's such as Mexico, and, therefore, that would result in job losses for the state.

So the biggest pile of similar answers was made and we were informed that LAND USE was the most significant environmental issue confronting the state. And I said to myself, what in the world is the problem with LAND USE and what in the world was anybody going to do to change that?

Next we heard about 2 or 3 other significant environmental issues facing the state and that comprised perhaps 90-95% of the responses. Then the person heading the meeting said we have a few oddball responses and he cavalierly tossed those off to the side which, of course, included mine.

Now we all know what happened and the primary reason why Trump got elected, but that was a full 22 years after that meeting.

So getting back to the money printing, the fact that the Senator thought that issue was worthy of discussing front and center in front of thousands of Texans rather than cavalierly tossing the question off to the side is probably significant. It probably means there have been several angry constituents giving his office an earful about money printing (and high food prices or some such thing) and threatening that something must be done to stop it.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/ ... ontext=lrr
We had been on it early H.
These children still do not understand what loss and risk is.
We did get a few issues resolved to projects.
I tried to save 22000 jobs for a sector and yes we understand the complexity's
and what came from it also.
This Current Office gets it, and yea complicated.

The Keys of This Blood was not fiction either of the factional realities we still face.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:50 am
As to the significance of the questions asked to the Senator about money printing, I'll recount this example.

Back in 1994, I attended a meeting and the question was asked as to what the most significant environmental issue that was facing the state. Everyone was asked to submit their answers on a piece of paper and then the answers were organized and the most common answers were discussed.

It probably means there have been several angry constituents giving his office an earful about money printing (and high food prices or some such thing) and threatening that something must be done to stop it.
My opinion is that people who run meetings of this nature are not interested in thinking and certainly not long term thinking. What they want to know is what do their constituents think, albeit very shallow thinking. This is so that they can align their thinking to the constituents. Same with management consultants: They find out what you think and feed it back to you in fancy ways. Intellectual lazy whores!

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cnn ... olis-riots
Demshevik sanctuary has a problem with images.
After the water and food runs out they can ask bused in antifa and the bern units half wits for help.
They can sit in the burned our precinct knowing the cavalry is not coming as the village idiots run riot.
The poor will always be with you.
As we care for our elderly and thinking locals here you come to residential looking you will be full stopped.

Matthew 26:11 You will have poor people with you all the time. But you will not have Me with you all the time.

Our Master is correct again.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The woman subsequently identified herself as Diane Binns, former president of the NAACP St. Paul from 2016-2018.

Critically, for the narrative-minded among you, she says she attended the initial protest against the killing of Floyd but after 30 minutes realized “it was going to be a riot, so I left.”

We will assist you as we the people.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Yeah, I would look at it about like this.

1992 About 10% of the population realizes proposed free trade agreements will lead to temporary disaster for the US. Ross Perot tries to get elected so he can stop the inevitable job losses but whores like Al Gore convince the population that all is OK so they can loot the country out, same as the Oligarchs did in Russia, at the same time too.

1992 to 2000 As the country is looted out, the looters need to provide cover for what is really happening and the perfect cover is a bubble. Greenspan, who is referred to as the Maestro, provides all the interest rate reductions and money printing that are needed to cover for the looting and resulting disasters like LTCM while the politicians provide cover by overturning Glass Steagall, which also helps to facilitate the looting. The 90% of the population is confused by propaganda such as "Who moved my cheese?" where they are told that if their cheese (jobs) gets moved, they just need to get off their lazy asses and find more cheese.

1998 About 10% of the population realizes that interest rate reductions and bailouts will lead to complete disaster for the US. Blogs and web sites such as Sudden Debt, Credit Bubble Bulletin and Safe Haven spring up, which in that case has a banner which states, "No warning can save a people who are determined to suddenly grow rich" but the bubble is too enticing for most to pay any attention.

2016 24 years after Perot warned about "free trade" agreements, over 50% of the population finally realizes their job losses are permanent. In a desperate try to reverse the situation they barely elect Donald Trump as president, who promises to bring the jobs back. By then, of course, it is too late. Money is printed to "temporarily" fill the gaping job loss chasm. For awhile, full employment is reached with make work jobs and money losing enterprises based on money printing such as Uber and Lyft. But after the pandemic hits, all bets are off.

2020 Post pandemic, a more substantial minority of the population realizes that money printing is not making the economy or their lives better. They begin to question the politicians who have voted for endless bailouts how much longer this can go on.

2022 24 years after being warned about interest rate reductions and bailouts, and still facing permanent job losses and with out of control money printing raging for years, the US economy totally collapses. The Oligarchs in the Russia could not have done a better job bringing about the complete ruin of an economy.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am

1998 About 10% of the population realizes that interest rate reductions and bailouts will lead to complete disaster for the US. Blogs and web sites such as Sudden Debt, Credit Bubble Bulletin and Safe Haven spring up, which in that case has a banner which states, "No warning can save a people who are determined to suddenly grow rich" but the bubble is too enticing for most to pay any attention.
By late in the nineties, I was convinced that momentous developments were unfolding in finance, the markets and policymaking that were going unrecognized by conventional analysis and the media. I was inspired to start my blog, which became the Credit Bubble Bulletin, by the desire to shed light on these developments. I believe there is great value in contemporaneous analysis, and I’ll point to Benjamin Anderson’s brilliant writings in the “Chase Economic Bulletin” during the Roaring Twenties and Great Depression era. Ben Bernanke has referred to understanding the forces leading up to the Great Depression as the “Holy Grail of Economics.” I believe “The Grail” will instead be discovered through knowledge and understanding of the current extraordinary global Bubble period.

Doug Noland
http://creditbubblebulletin.blogspot.com/p/about.html

That 10% of the population in 1998 that was concerned was comprised mostly of people who are now dead and have been dead for some time.