8-Dec-18 World View -- Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

8-Dec-18 World View -- Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications

Post by John »

The story of Stern Hu, an employee of Australian mining company Rio Tinto

** 8-Dec-18 World View -- Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181208

Contents:
Huawei's Meng Wanzhou faces possible 30 year jail term
Japan blocks Huawei products from public infrastructure projects
The story of Stern Hu, an employee of Australian mining company Rio Tinto
Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Meng Wanzhou, China,
Huawei Technologies, Ren Zhengfei, People's Liberation Army, PLA,
Xi Jinping, John Iran, ZTE, Skycom,
United States, Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan,
Hu Stern, Tiananmen Square, Rio Tinto, Opium Wars

Silent Guest 1

Re: 8-Dec-18 World View -- Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

Successfully navigating world politics is not the art the art of the deal. In general, Reagan's presidency was a model of selecting competent patriots for cabinet/advisor positions. Mafia code is loyalty to familia. Federal high position office holders should be loyal to America first agendas. Trump's picks have with few exceptions been destructive and wasted time plus cost the wall and allowed Mueller to waste money pursuing a political witch hunt.
The problem with deal making is double talking--all in the intentions. A moral precept: the ends do NOT justify the means. With the Barr nomination, Trump has stepped over the line. If the Chinese woman goes back to China, the line is erased.

John

Re: 8-Dec-18 World View -- Arrest of Meng Wanzhou of China's Huawei has increasingly serious implications

Post by John »

Meng went far beyond simply violating US sanctions laws.
She set up a complex international system, defrauding banks in several
countries, and therefore violating several countries' laws, and so
Meng can't be excused unless these other countries agree.

Silent Guest 1

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

John, I am long past believing that right, wrong, justice and values have anything to do with politics at any level. I am watching my country being dealt away to the highest bidders, regardless of the Constitution and black letter law.
Will this woman be as untouchable as hillary or barry or kerry or bill or eric or loretta?
A small but perfect example of accountability lost is deported illegals being dispatched with taxpayer funded care packages to reward their lawbreaking activities. Every patriotic American is insulted and violated by what passes for civilization today.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Silent Guest 1 wrote:John, I am long past believing that right, wrong, justice and values have anything to do with politics at any level. I am watching my country being dealt away to the highest bidders, regardless of the Constitution and black letter law.
Will this woman be as untouchable as hillary or barry or kerry or bill or eric or loretta?
A small but perfect example of accountability lost is deported illegals being dispatched with taxpayer funded care packages to reward their lawbreaking activities. Every patriotic American is insulted and violated by what passes for civilization today.
You do realize, of course, that you sound like every "complaining old-ish person" in any pre-GD-Crisis period throughout history,.. right?

The primordial "Get off my LAWN!" geezer (meant in a non-demeaning way, I assure you) stereotype that is always with us, but is especially prominent during a "degeneration/deteriorating" period.

Now, I'm not particularly disagreeing with you about "stuff", but I would suggest you come at these "problems of today" in a more oblique sort of way, with a huge grain of humor to taste, so as to keep your blood pressure and "mental processes" within healthy bounds. :)

..which you probably already do,.. so,.. let 'er RIP ya' old geezer!! Tear 'em a big ol' jagged new one!!

Aloha! <chuckle!> <shaka nui!>

John

Post by John »

You should be nice to people, especially new people.

If you're nice to people, sometimes they'll be nice to you.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:You should be nice to people, especially new people.

If you're nice to people, sometimes they'll be nice to you.
That is so true. :)

I'm always nice, but can be a bit "obtuse" sometimes. I'm attempting to elicit questions from people who may not understand what I'm talking about, hopefully in an "amusing", or at least somewhat thought provoking, sort of way.

My point was (is) that it becomes more and more common for people to get "complainee" in times such as these (pre-GD-Crisis periods) because there is simply more frustration and anxiety during these kinds of periods.

That people take offense at rather innocuous (considering the context) remarks is just a symptom of underdeveloped socialization on the part of the offended.

..and if they want to no longer converse with me, that's fine. Lots of fish in the sea. That won't keep me from fishing though,.. obviously. :)

CH86

Post by CH86 »

The CCP under Xi is returning to Marxist communism, expect doctrinaire slogans of "communist brotherhood" and "communist struggle" soon, possibly a new Comintern or Comecon might be attempted to be set up by them. Meng is unlikely to be replaced in her position as China will soon be actually communist again.

Daisy Wong

Post by Daisy Wong »

CH86 wrote:The CCP under Xi is returning to Marxist communism, expect doctrinaire slogans of "communist brotherhood" and "communist struggle" soon, possibly a new Comintern or Comecon might be attempted to be set up by them. Meng is unlikely to be replaced in her position as China will soon be actually communist again.
I'm happy about this turn of events. China's mask has finally fallen away.

Trump should ban and sanction her companies and imprison that criminal bitch for 30 years. Implode her company and put 300,000 Chinese out of work. Good. I would parade her around in chains and a a prison jump suit. She won't do well in an American prison. Just saying.

Post by Guest »

Daisy Wong wrote:
CH86 wrote:The CCP under Xi is returning to Marxist communism, expect doctrinaire slogans of "communist brotherhood" and "communist struggle" soon, possibly a new Comintern or Comecon might be attempted to be set up by them. Meng is unlikely to be replaced in her position as China will soon be actually communist again.
I'm happy about this turn of events. China's mask has finally fallen away.

Trump should ban and sanction her companies and imprison that criminal bitch for 30 years. Implode her company and put 300,000 Chinese out of work. Good. I would parade her around in chains and a a prison jump suit. She won't do well in an American prison. Just saying.
You don't understand the Chinese. The Chinese will walk away from Meng if need be. The success of their plans is more important than one individual..sacrifices can and will be made.