9-Oct-18 World View -- UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Oct-18 World View -- UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe

Post by John »

Fallacies in the climate change story

** 9-Oct-18 World View -- UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181009

Contents:
UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe
Fallacies in the climate change story
Fallacy #1 in climate change story: Ignoring war
Fallacy #2 in climate change story: Technology

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, climate change, Christiana Figueres, Costa Rica

Silent Guest 1

Re: 9-Oct-18 World View -- UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

What a roller coaster.
My first reaction was the laughter this subject ever evokes. I lived in Califirnia, land of Greenie Loonies. In the 50's our family was concerned about soil erosion and tree harvesting. Way back then, Weyerhauser was, of all things, cutting AND responsibly reforesting. Interestingly this summer we've all discovered California has and is not practicing fire-prevention forestry. Hmm.
Then came the anger. Income redistribution on an international scale, and proposed by the recipients not the "donors".
Folks, breathe easy. International government does not exist. Kudos, John, for exposing the money-grubbing charlatans.

Tom Mazanec

Re: 9-Oct-18 World View -- UN: We have just 12 years to prevent global warming catastrophe

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Fallacy 1 is something like a doctor telling a person with cancer that they are probably going to have a stroke that leaves them a vegetable before the cancer kills them.
Fallacy 2 is actually not held by some, but others say that is like hoping to get out of debt by winning the lottery.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

So the only way to end global warming is nuclear war or computers becoming 'alive'?

Climate change seems real enough to me. The last three summers have left me convinced.

Many parts of the world are facing 1000 year droughts. Syria's drought lead to civil war. Iran will lose half their farm land in the next 10 years. They have already lost entire rivers, lakes, and ground water. Could drought be the cause of the Arab Spring and unrest in Iran? Australia is in the midst of a 1000 year drought. Parts of the US have already dried up.

I believe climate change is a natural cycle, not man made. (Though pollution is a bad thing.) The Paris Accords are just another way to fleece the white man.

We live in very interesting times.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

My thought is just: if this is such a catastrophe, why all the opposition to nuclear power? It's the largest source of carbon-free energy we have, yet it's receiving a fraction of the support that green energy is. We should be embracing all carbon-free sources if it's truly as horrible as they claim. Instead, it's opposed at every turn.

zzazz

Post by zzazz »

Let's see,
who knows AI better than all the AI scientists,
and knows economics better than all the economists,
and knows foreign policy better than all the diplomats,
and knows programming better than all the programmers,
and knows history better than all the historians,
and knows climate science better than all the climate scientists,
and besides all that is pals with Steve Bannon?

It's not Alex Jones.

Post by Guest »

Being controlled by Amazon is much more terrifying that climate change.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/break-up- ... o-america/

Jeff Bezos is a threat to humanity.

Post by Guest »

zzazz wrote:Let's see,

It's not Alex Jones.
John Xenakis understands the underlining issues. He can explain the why and the how. He knows more and understand the issues better than any journalists I have eve read. That's why I have read this site since 2010-11 and why I bought two copies of his book on Iran.

Post by Guest »

zzazz wrote:Let's see,

It's not Alex Jones.
John Xenakis understands the underlining issues. He can explain the why and the how. He knows more and understand the issues better than any journalists I have ever read. That's why I have read this site since 2010-11 and why I bought two copies of his book on Iran.

John, you just keep doing what you are doing. The rest is just noise.

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

A few decades ago, back at the "Miracle of Science Bar + Grill" in Cambridge, I had a beer with a Russian scientist who was in the US for a symposium at MIT. While waiting for the next session we struck up a conversation over beers and he asked me "What is the biggest influence on weather on Earth?" and when I answer he told me that I was wrong, it was the sun. He went in to great detail on the amount of energy that the sun puts out, hits the earth, solar and sun spot cycles and how all the global warming enthusiasts are idiots sprouting gibberish. I did not debate him; he had his stuff together with evidence on his notebook computer. I wish I remember his name, but he convinced me about the small "freezes" during the middle ages and the sunspot cycle and if the sun's energy output dips less than .01%, the human race is screwed.