8-Jul-18 World View -- North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

8-Jul-18 World View -- North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks

Post by John »

The North Korean demands: total American withdrawal from South Korea

** 8-Jul-18 World View -- North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180708

Contents:
North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks
The North Korean demands: total American withdrawal from South Korea
The future of the denuclearization negotiations

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un, Mike Pompeo,
Punggye-ri nuclear test site, Mount Mantap,
China, Xi Jinping, Japan, Pearl Harbor,
Kim Yo-jong, Russia, Boris Yeltsin

Re: 8-Jul-18 World View -- North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks

Post by Guest »

Trump could order a resumption of the canceled joint military drills with South Korea, assuming that the South Koreans agree.
'assuming the South Koreans agree.'

Okay, so what you are saying is is that the South Koreans will cave in. That would be the excuse Trump needs to withdraw all US forces (which I would support). The South Korean President is weak. He will panic. The previous Presidents, Park and Baek (who are now both in prison for corruption) would have fought like tigers against the North.

Will Trump wait for China to start the war or will he strike first?

Guest 2

Re: 8-Jul-18 World View -- North Korea issues vitriolic anti-US rant, collapsing denuclearization talks

Post by Guest 2 »

This was inevitable. Trump was playing 3D chess in Kim' Battleship field.

Post by Guest »

Guest 2 wrote:This was inevitable. Trump was playing 3D chess in Kim' Battleship field.
To what end? Is Trump buying time to plot the destruction of China?

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Look at Trump's plate. Pressed down and heaped over. Trump is balancing this with a trade war, China's economic/military aggression and reclaiming our military from years of deterioration and imbedding of barry's muslim leftist plants.
As I've said before, Kim is obsessed. He has no concern for ANY North Korean but himself.
As John has said, some people are more civilized than others.

Post by Guest »

Guest 2 wrote:Look at Trump's plate. Pressed down and heaped over. Trump is balancing this with a trade war, China's economic/military aggression and reclaiming our military from years of deterioration and imbedding of barry's muslim leftist plants.
As I've said before, Kim is obsessed. He has no concern for ANY North Korean but himself.
What? Does that mean Trump will attack North Korea or what?

John, where are you? Do you think the war will break out soon in Korea? Is Trump turning a blind eye for some 4D chess reason? Is Trump following some kind of strategy or has he lost the plot? I don't know what Trump is waiting for. The latest series of event has convinced me that China controls North Korea completely.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:
Guest 2 wrote:Look at Trump's plate. Pressed down and heaped over. Trump is balancing this with a trade war, China's economic/military aggression and reclaiming our military from years of deterioration and imbedding of barry's muslim leftist plants.

John, where are you? Do you think the war will break out soon in Korea? Is Trump turning a blind eye for some 4D chess reason? Is Trump following some kind of strategy or has he lost the plot? I don't know what Trump is waiting for. The latest series of event has convinced me that China controls North Korea completely.
Not everything can be predicted.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not everything can be predicted.
In your opinion, has Trump lost control of the plot? Was he duped?

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > In your opinion, has Trump lost control of the plot? Was he
> duped?
Since the bottom line is that the North is never going to agree
to denuclearize, the result of Saturday's meeting was certainly
not a surprise and, given the fact that Pompeo was pressuring
the North, may even have been the expected outcome. I know of
no reason to believe that Trump was duped.

In my article, I gave three possible responses by Trump. As I
wrote in the article:
  • Trump could order a resumption of the canceled
    joint military drills with South Korea, assuming that the South
    Koreans agree.
  • Trump could offer some major new concession to the North,
    such as removing 5% of the American troops in South Korea.
  • Trump could replace Pompeo with someone else as North
    Korean negotiator. This might buy a few days of time, kicking
    the can down the road.
To these I would add one more, and this is apparently the one that's
being followed: Pompeo can continue to declare Saturday's meetings a
success and that progress is still being made, and schedule a new
round of talks at the end of this month.

Each of these responses has a different purpose in the negotiations.
The first would be the most confrontational, but in the end, there's
going to be a confrontation, since the North Koreans have no intention
of denuclearizing.