7-Jul-18 World View -- Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

7-Jul-18 World View -- Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine

Post by John »

Ukraine's Donbas war continues, as US supplies Javelin anti-tank missiles

** 7-Jul-18 World View -- Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180707

Contents:
Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine
Ukraine's Donbas war continues, as US supplies Javelin anti-tank missiles

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Ukraine, Russia, Donbas, Crimea,
Kerch Strait, Sea of Azov, Mariupol, Berdyansk

Guest 1

Re: 7-Jul-18 World View -- Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine

Post by Guest 1 »

Russia is a strange "ally". While I get their historic paranoia, outright in-your-face lying does not smack of good faith. Putin plays 3D chess too. He seems to be aggressively acting with confidence as he is aware of America's internal fragmentation. How could he not be with Maxine and other hysterical leftists fomenting domestic violence. Trump is by now hopefully apprised of our military state of "readiness" after barry's 8 treasonous years.
Ukraine is at risk, now being strangled into a bloodless coup. The Javelins may change the Russian takeover timetable; however, long term the Ukrainians will require outside help. An imbedded reporter's pieces from the last blood shed were heartbreaking.

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 7-Jul-18 World View -- Russia's actions in Sea of Azov raise fears of another invasion of Ukraine

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest 1 wrote:Russia is a strange "ally". While I get their historic paranoia, outright in-your-face lying does not smack of good faith. Putin plays 3D chess too. He seems to be aggressively acting with confidence as he is aware of America's internal fragmentation. How could he not be with Maxine and other hysterical leftists fomenting domestic violence. Trump is by now hopefully apprised of our military state of "readiness" after barry's 8 treasonous years.

Ukraine is at risk, now being strangled into a bloodless coup. The Javelins may change the Russian takeover timetable; however, long term the Ukrainians will require outside help. An imbedded reporter's pieces from the last blood shed were heartbreaking.
"A lie is not a lie if everyone knows it's a lie."

..no idea who said that before me, but, it's still not a lie.

"Frontier" people (and The Rus see themselves as a frontier culture) play more like pirates than cultured business people, and have a more "bullshitter extraordinaire" mindset and manner.

"Good Faith" to a Russian is cheerfully giving a slap upside the face and cheerfully accepting a slap upside the face.

Can YOU trade slaps with a smile and have a hearty за здоровье ("Yer f__kin' welcome!", though more accurately: "Don't die on me NOW, asshat!" [to health!]) with your "drinking mate"? If you can't, you are utterly contemptible.

..dis iz veriy veriy Vykinglike, no? Dare iz reez'n for dat...!

The russian must KNOW that you will slap him silly, usually BY slapping him silly, before he will deign to see you as anything but an insect.

..So,.. how do you deal with such a person?

You figure it out. :)

Aloha! <shaka nui!>

John

Post by John »

The Russians are liars, cheats and criminals, and believe that they'd
be a great nation if France hadn't invaded Russia in 1812.

The Chinese are liars, cheats and criminals, and believe that they'd
be a great nation if Britain hadn't launched the Opium Wars in 1840.

The Russians and Chinese are allying/conspiring together in some
areas, because they're both liars, cheats and criminals, and because
they're supporting each other in annexing regions belonging to other
countries, the same as the Nazis did.

The Russian and Chinese people hate each other.

The difference: Russian people love Americans and Westerners, while
Chinese people hate Americans and Westerners.

Post by Guest »

Will President Trump pull troops out of Korea? I think Korea will surrender and survive (as slaves). A NY Times journalist tweeted just before the Singapore summit that DT wouldn't make any concessions that he didn't want to make anyway. I think Trump decided years ago to pull troops out of SK, and now is his chance.

The Europeans are hysterical that America will pull out. I hope Trump pulls US troops out of Europe. Those ingrates will never appreciate Americans. And let's face it: America is broke. We can't afford to pay for Europe. Why should we?

Whig

Post by Whig »

Guest wrote:Will President Trump pull troops out of Korea? I think Korea will surrender and survive (as slaves). A NY Times journalist tweeted just before the Singapore summit that DT wouldn't make any concessions that he didn't want to make anyway. I think Trump decided years ago to pull troops out of SK, and now is his chance.

The Europeans are hysterical that America will pull out. I hope Trump pulls US troops out of Europe. Those ingrates will never appreciate Americans. And let's face it: America is broke. We can't afford to pay for Europe. Why should we?
Yes, why should you?

Go on Donald - pull every American soldier from European soil. Not one American should be sacrifised because Europeans are too whussified to pay for their own defence.

You, sir, are the best thing to have happened to our useless European alliance. (and the harder you hit May over defence budgets the better) and just to spite the Brit establishment - try and meet with Nigel. It'll hit all the right buttons.

We should also withdraw from the defence of continental Europe. All the other EU states join with Ireland in an attack on our territorial integrity. They are all party to an EU policy that wants to see us poorer - it goes far beyond the understandable logic that there are consequences to not being part of the common rule book. So, screw them all.

And tough luck on Ukraine. Nothing against them.

Bradford Way

Post by Bradford Way »

Whig wrote:
Guest wrote:Will President Trump pull troops out of Korea? I think Korea will surrender and survive (as slaves). A NY Times journalist tweeted just before the Singapore summit that DT wouldn't make any concessions that he didn't want to make anyway. I think Trump decided years ago to pull troops out of SK, and now is his chance.

Yes, why should you?

Go on Donald - pull every American soldier from European soil. Not one American should be sacrifised because Europeans are too whussified to pay for their own defence.

You, sir, are the best thing to have happened to our useless European alliance. (and the harder you hit May over defence budgets the better) and just to spite the Brit establishment - try and meet with Nigel. It'll hit all the right buttons.

We should also withdraw from the defence of continental Europe. All the other EU states join with Ireland in an attack on our territorial integrity. They are all party to an EU policy that wants to see us poorer - it goes far beyond the understandable logic that there are consequences to not being part of the common rule book. So, screw them all.

And tough luck on Ukraine. Nothing against them.
Go ahead, Redneck. Pull Your troops out. We have been waiting seventy years to be rid of the cuckoo yanks. As has the people of Japan (remember Hiroshima) ant one hundred other countries in which the U.S. has insinuated themselves and their troops in the most unholy and unmannerly of fashions.

The U.S. and the Redneck wields a certain power, not because of brains or history but because the devil and base intelligence lured them into developing the biggest pile of nuclear junk on the planet. That is no way for a planet to develop. Even so, the U.S. would be nothing if they had not been aided and abetted in their world and war crimes by a handful of other mass murdering and thieving countries in Europe, including diddy us here. A vicious circle: the thieves become richer and use their wealth to become bigger thieves and more callous murderers. Human life is used cardboard boxes. Nobody wants to fight us.

Go ahead, Redneck. Get your troops of death and stench out. Do us a favour.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:The Russians are liars, cheats and criminals, and believe that they'd
be a great nation if France hadn't invaded Russia in 1812.

The Chinese are liars, cheats and criminals, and believe that they'd
be a great nation if Britain hadn't launched the Opium Wars in 1840.

The Russians and Chinese are allying/conspiring together in some
areas, because they're both liars, cheats and criminals, and because
they're supporting each other in annexing regions belonging to other
countries, the same as the Nazis did.

The Russian and Chinese people hate each other.

The difference: Russian people love Americans and Westerners, while
Chinese people hate Americans and Westerners.
All "powerful" nations are, at one level or another (almost always the higher ones), liars, cheats and criminals. So that "characterization" is a wash.

Russians can make friends. Chinese can only make customers and/or servants.

Friends, even if they're a bit wacky, are preferable to "have to a party" to suppliers and/or masters.

If the point of this conversation (lately) is the question: "Who'd you rather party with?", then the answer is obvious. (The Rus)

If the question (on the table) has ANYTHING to do with "morality", then doesn't the lack of contrast between the involved entities rather answer that?

Since you have no control over others actions and "world model", what is the PURPOSE of evoking "morality",.. other than to make your "moral" case to those "with power" who DO care about morality?

..and what does that mean? It means the "ultimate" power is the great mass of "normal" people (who can become a horde to literally storm the castle).

And what are the levers that manipulate these masses of people? Emotional ones. And what do we see tugged this way and that these days, and by what?

Primal emotions by "convincers".

..so it's not too surprising that Russia feels emboldened, as they're the (ultimately) more likable and more familial with the larger of the two (of three, including themselves) powers,.. which seems to mean they really can't lose.

Ukraine is a silly side show, except to those being shot at and/or dispossessed, of course. The various Slavs and Steppe-Peoples will sort out their claims to possessions AFTER the big joojoo to come, because they will first unite to fend off "the bad guys".

Aloha nui gangies! <shaka nui loa!>

John

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > All "powerful" nations are, at one level or another (almost always
> the higher ones), liars, cheats and criminals. So that
> "characterization" is a wash.
Every individual occasionally lies and cheats, or perhaps "forgets" to
declare some income on his tax return. But that's not the same as
being an extortionist, a car thief, a mugger or a rapist. You can't
just call that a "wash."

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > All "powerful" nations are, at one level or another (almost always
> the higher ones), liars, cheats and criminals. So that
> "characterization" is a wash.
Every individual occasionally lies and cheats, or perhaps "forgets" to
declare some income on his tax return. But that's not the same as
being an extortionist, a car thief, a mugger or a rapist. You can't
just call that a "wash."
Culture matters. In Japan, when my sister left her wallet in a restaurant with around $3000 in Japanese Yen in it, it was given to the manager of the restaurant and returned to my sister the next day without a single Yen missing. Try that in Mexico or Nigeria. When I left my cell phone at an ATM station at a bank in Seoul, it was found by a bank customer and given to the staff. I called the number and the bank gave me back my phone. When I found a wallet full of cash at the bottom of an escalator in the Seoul Metro, I turned it in, and I assume it was returned to its rightful owner.

I've caught blacks trying to steal things out of my parked car and Mexicans trying to steal my lawn mower out of my backyard. Say what you want, but I have never had a Japanese or another white American try to rob me. I lived in a black neighborhood with my mother after my parents divorced and the blacks broke into our rental house and stole what we had left. I've lived in white and Asian neighborhoods since.

I lived in Russia, and the Russians are thieves, murderers, and liars. I know first hand how that country works. Don't tell me the Russians have 'soul'. They don't. The Russians soulless. The Chinese are better than the Russians on balance, but even they engage in fraud.

The Chinese are not like the Japanese.

Culture matters, and so does race. Why do black Americans behave so badly compared to whites? You tell me.