5-Jul-18 World View -- Al-Assad's attacks on Daraa threaten clashes with Israel and Jordan on Syria's border

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Jul-18 World View -- Al-Assad's attacks on Daraa threaten clashes with Israel and Jordan on Syria's border

Post by John »

Jordan and Israel concerned about infiltration from Iran and Hezbollah

** 5-Jul-18 World View -- Al-Assad's attacks on Daraa threaten clashes with Israel and Jordan on Syria's border
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180705

Contents:
Syria and Russia resume full-scale assault on Daraa
Jordan fears repercussions from Syria's military offensive in Daraa
Israel concerned about infiltration from Iran and Hezbollah

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Daraa,
Russia, Jordan, Aleppo, Ghouta, Turkey, Jordan, Quneitra,
Israel, Golan Heights, Iran, Hezbollah, Maja Kocijancic

Guest 1

Re: 5-Jul-18 World View -- Al-Assad's attacks on Daraa threaten clashes with Israel and Jordan on Syria's border

Post by Guest 1 »

How much of the "refugee" problem could have been prevented if ME nations had from day 1 accepted Israel's existence and right to be a nation? Jordan is home to the palestineans who consistently reject real estate other than the unattainable land of Israel.
Assad will continue to be pathological. Russia as his abettor puzzles me. (Could you explain please, John?) The revenge component clearly renders words useless. Israel is doing what America should be with our borders. That leaves Jordan as refuge or mass murder of those amassed at Daraa's borders. So much for the UN and civilization. Great clinical evidence of the NWO folks.

Re: 5-Jul-18 World View -- Al-Assad's attacks on Daraa threaten clashes with Israel and Jordan on Syria's border

Post by Guest »

Guest 1 wrote:How much of the "refugee" problem could have been prevented if ME nations had from day 1 accepted Israel's existence and right to be a nation? Jordan is home to the palestineans who consistently reject real estate other than the unattainable land of Israel.
Assad will continue to be pathological. Russia as his abettor puzzles me. (Could you explain please, John?) The revenge component clearly renders words useless. Israel is doing what America should be with our borders. That leaves Jordan as refuge or mass murder of those amassed at Daraa's borders. So much for the UN and civilization. Great clinical evidence of the NWO folks.
The West Bank used to be part of Jordan (then named Transjordan) and Gaza part of Egypt. At that time the Palestinian Liberation Organization repudiated all claims to Gaza and the West Bank. It seams that Palestinian nationalist only want what Israel has.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I was reading some of the responses to this article at Breitbart. It's sad enough when trolls are being paid to spew this crap, but it's even worse when people are actually willing to say that for free. Hell, being a troll would be tempting if they paid enough for it.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Trevor wrote:I was reading some of the responses to this article at Breitbart. It's sad enough when trolls are being paid to spew this crap, but it's even worse when people are actually willing to say that for free. Hell, being a troll would be tempting if they paid enough for it.
More globalism, leave Assad alone, he is the leader of a sovereign nation and his regime is that nation's internationally recognized government.

John

Post by John »

Trevor wrote: > I was reading some of the responses to this article at
> Breitbart. It's sad enough when trolls are being paid to spew this
> crap, but it's even worse when people are actually willing to say
> that for free. Hell, being a troll would be tempting if they paid
> enough for it.
I don't think all of them are being paid. I can almost tell who the
paid Russian trolls are because they're incredibly stupid, and don't
know anything besides a few talking points that they've been given.
Particularly on this article, I think most the trolls are fanatics.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
Trevor wrote:I was reading some of the responses to this article at Breitbart. It's sad enough when trolls are being paid to spew this crap, but it's even worse when people are actually willing to say that for free. Hell, being a troll would be tempting if they paid enough for it.
More globalism, leave Assad alone, he is the leader of a sovereign nation and his regime is that nation's internationally recognized government.
I do hope you do "go after" cancerous organs (cancerous tissue IN organs) in your body when they're identified, as opposed to giving them "sovereign rights".

..yeah, that's a bit flippant, and an overstretched analogy, but no "ruler" or "so-called sovereign leader" should EVER feel absolutely safe from being whacked by a more powerful "outlander".

It's a cultural thing with me. My people have no problem raiding and punishing neighbors for being "really naughty".

..though, we tend not to do it much, unless the neighbors are cousins who understand the subtleties of raids and headman stomping.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
I do hope you do "go after" cancerous organs (cancerous tissue IN organs) in your body when they're identified, as opposed to giving them "sovereign rights".

..yeah, that's a bit flippant, and an overstretched analogy, but no "ruler" or "so-called sovereign leader" should EVER feel absolutely safe from being whacked by a more powerful "outlander".

It's a cultural thing with me. My people have no problem raiding and punishing neighbors for being "really naughty".

..though, we tend not to do it much, unless the neighbors are cousins who understand the subtleties of raids and headman stomping.
Defense against enemy attack is legitimate, however Assad has not attacked anyone outside of Syria's borders. The concept of sovereignty is that nations can do whatever they want within their borders as long as they do not endanger the independence or existence of other nations.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote:

Defense against enemy attack is legitimate, however Assad has not attacked anyone outside of Syria's borders. The concept of sovereignty is that nations can do whatever they want within their borders as long as they do not endanger the independence or existence of other nations.
That may be YOUR concept of sovereignty, but that is not the accepted (utilized) definition of the concept. Your concept is rather "adolescent", shall we say. It's grasped at as a defense by those who'd rather stay out too late on a weeknight.

"Sovereignty" is an ad hoc concept. To some, sovereignty is much like "personal space", or "personhood" (corporation). A "threatening" person can, and will, be "taken out", regardless of their "personal sovereignty" by those interested in not having a threatening person in the vicinity.

I would respectfully suggest that you not base your policies on definitions that are "wishes and hopes". It would be lovely, or horrific, if the world actually worked according to your personal definitions of things, but it doesn't, so policies based on non-agreed-to definitions are inherently flawed, and produce wild unintended consequences, of course.

Now, NOT smacking down some threatening person in ones vicinity is also a legitimate choice! It may very well be wiser to not whack them. That is up to history to decide, not me or any other person.

..we can all make our case for how some situation should be handled, but we really should "MAKE A CASE" instead of simply claiming "absolute definitional certainty/superiority" (which is just a variation of "appeal to authority").

Come on, dude! You know this stuff! :)

Aloha! <shaka nui!>

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Cynic Hero 86 wrote:

That may be YOUR concept of sovereignty, but that is not the accepted (utilized) definition of the concept. Your concept is rather "adolescent", shall we say. It's grasped at as a defense by those who'd rather stay out too late on a weeknight.

"Sovereignty" is an ad hoc concept. To some, sovereignty is much like "personal space", or "personhood" (corporation). A "threatening" person can, and will, be "taken out", regardless of their "personal sovereignty" by those interested in not having a threatening person in the vicinity.

I would respectfully suggest that you not base your policies on definitions that are "wishes and hopes". It would be lovely, or horrific, if the world actually worked according to your personal definitions of things, but it doesn't, so policies based on non-agreed-to definitions are inherently flawed, and produce wild unintended consequences, of course.

Now, NOT smacking down some threatening person in ones vicinity is also a legitimate choice! It may very well be wiser to not whack them. That is up to history to decide, not me or any other person.

..we can all make our case for how some situation should be handled, but we really should "MAKE A CASE" instead of simply claiming "absolute definitional certainty/superiority" (which is just a variation of "appeal to authority").

Come on, dude! You know this stuff! :)

Aloha! <shaka nui!>
OK, fish I guess I have to use a past example from our own country's history to get you to understand. Not the last crisis, WW2 or its origins, but the crisis era before that, the civil war. Simply Put the Civil War between north and south wouldn't have happened at all had prophet generation idealists simply respected the law, and the slaveholders rights under the law. Instead abolitionists rammed their preferences down the south's throat, that is what caused the war. Just Think about that over 600,000 military dead, several hundred thousand civilian dead, several hundred thousands more dead from famine and disease, probably a million or two wounded. Casualties so high that even when the NEXT crisis war, WW2 came and had IT'S final butchers bill (American casualties only), it was less than the levels of the civil war, not just regarding percentage in population but even in absolute numbers. Just think that all of that could have been avoided if idealists simply respected the rule of law. Idealists like today's boomer ideologues are inherently selfish. Non-boomers and non-ideologues understand that without Laws, there is no civilization.