13-Jun-18 World View -- Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

13-Jun-18 World View -- Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests

Post by John »

Anti-government protests grow in Vietnam along with anti-China protests

** 13-Jun-18 World View -- Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180613

Contents:
Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests
Anti-government protests grow in Vietnam along with anti-China protests

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Vietnam, China, South China Sea,
Haiyang 981, Hanoi, Saigon, Ho Chi Minh city,
United Nations Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague,
Tay-Son rebellion, Vietnamese Kingdom,
Champa Kingdom, Indonesia, Malaysia

sue

Re: 13-Jun-18 World View -- Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests

Post by sue »

Do you suggest that the north and south Vietnamese actually are informed and object to foreign manipulation? How dare they? Any lessons learned here? I doubt it.

CH86

Re: 13-Jun-18 World View -- Vietnam government surprised by widespread anti-China and anti-government protests

Post by CH86 »

sue wrote:Do you suggest that the north and south Vietnamese actually are informed and object to foreign manipulation? How dare they? Any lessons learned here? I doubt it.
Vietnam's willingness to fight China stems emanates from the North Vietnamese victory in the Vietnam war and later the repulsing of the Chinese invasion attempt in 1979 coupled with the victory over the Khmer Rouge. The fervor against China's incursions emanates from Hanoi, not Saigon. This has nothing to do with the cold war or it's old alliances.

John

Post by John »

sue wrote: > Do you suggest that the north and south Vietnamese actually are
> informed and object to foreign manipulation? How dare they? Any
> lessons learned here? I doubt it.
CH86 wrote: > Vietnam's willingness to fight China stems emanates from the North
> Vietnamese victory in the Vietnam war and later the repulsing of
> the Chinese invasion attempt in 1979 coupled with the victory over
> the Khmer Rouge. The fervor against China's incursions emanates
> from Hanoi, not Saigon. This has nothing to do with the cold war
> or it's old alliances.
I'm inclined to agree. Hanoi is anti-China, and Saigon is anti-Hanoi.

sue

Post by sue »

Are the economic differences between north and south Vietnam as pronounced as in Korea? Vietnam has been a source of pain to itself and Americans.

John

Post by John »

sue wrote: > Are the economic differences between north and south Vietnam as
> pronounced as in Korea? Vietnam has been a source of pain to
> itself and Americans.
I don't know how North and South Vietnam compared economically before
the war, but after the war they are a single country (unlike North
and South Korea), so I assume that today they're pretty close to each
other.

sue

Post by sue »

From your past posts and other sources, I can see why Vietnam is concerned about China's aggression in the South China Sea. Recalling the
Vietnam "Conflict", I recall the communist hordes that affected the final outcome of years that fractured American society.
While I relentlessly pound djt&co over tariff distractions from his breaking of promise to remove illegal invaders here, I see the value of trade manipulations. 3D chess is an egotistical undertaking, especially when engaging communist oriental minds. Djt has the ideal "moral compass" for the adventures. (He is not one of the pawns.)
This is a new generation of Vietnamese. From oral lore I am certain south Vietnamese have different remembrances than those in the north. Think I'll watch "Bat 21" again. "Full Metal Jacket" is a bit too remembering.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

sue wrote:From your past posts and other sources, I can see why Vietnam is concerned about China's aggression in the South China Sea. Recalling the
Vietnam "Conflict", I recall the communist hordes that affected the final outcome of years that fractured American society.
While I relentlessly pound djt&co over tariff distractions from his breaking of promise to remove illegal invaders here, I see the value of trade manipulations. 3D chess is an egotistical undertaking, especially when engaging communist oriental minds. Djt has the ideal "moral compass" for the adventures. (He is not one of the pawns.)
This is a new generation of Vietnamese. From oral lore I am certain south Vietnamese have different remembrances than those in the north. Think I'll watch "Bat 21" again. "Full Metal Jacket" is a bit too remembering.
America's objective shouldn't be to de-communize Vietnam or China, or Russia etc. But to impress on those countries to reality of US power. Xers and Millies couldn't care less if those countries are communist or not as long as they have friendly or non-aggressive policies toward the US. Even China which boomers harp on is of concern because of its current aggressive policy NOT because its government is communist. A Clinton-Bush style ideological based policy is fundamentally unpopular with the American people.

sue

Post by sue »

How do you think communist regimes accumulate cash to carry on aggression? What measures does Kim, who continues to pursue nukes, take to pay for weapons components?
His people are starving. Look at the difference between Japanese and Chinese standards of living.
I have not seen a soul calling for political cleansing of communist governments. However, many nations are rightly concerned about China's and North Korea's aggression. BTW, how many boat people do you see paddling towards communist ghettos?

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

sue wrote:How do you think communist regimes accumulate cash to carry on aggression? What measures does Kim, who continues to pursue nukes, take to pay for weapons components?
His people are starving. Look at the difference between Japanese and Chinese standards of living.
I have not seen a soul calling for political cleansing of communist governments. However, many nations are rightly concerned about China's and North Korea's aggression. BTW, how many boat people do you see paddling towards communist ghettos?
The objective is to deter potential communist aggression against the US and our treaty allies. I and other millies could care less one jot about communists brutalizing or butchering their own people as long as they are not threatening the US. If they give US business trade favoritism in their countries that would be even better. We could even care less about for example communists regimes developing nuclear and NBC WMD weapons as long as those weapons are not targeting America or our treaty allies. For Example if China continued building military arsenals and then attacked India or Vietnam but at the same time did not attack the US or any US Treaty ally lets say instead improved trade fairness and even disarmament in their flank opposite us: This would not be a problem because the government of the United States operates in the name of providing security to AMERICANS not Indians.