16-Jan-18 World View -- US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

16-Jan-18 World View -- US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder

Post by John »

Turkey, Russia and Syria infuriated by the Border Security Force announcement

** 16-Jan-18 World View -- US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180116

Contents:
US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder
Turkey, Russia and Syria infuriated by the Border Security Force announcement

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Border Security Force, BSF,
Syrian Democratic Forces, SDF, Iraq, Euphrates River Valley,
Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Kurdistan Workers' Party, PKK,
Afrin, Manbij, Raqqa,
Thomas F. Veale, Joseph Votel, Russia, Vladimir Putin,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh

shoshin

Re: 16-Jan-18 World View -- US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder

Post by shoshin »

Obama's "blunder"?...as I recall, the duly elected government of Iraq insisted that we get the hell out. Just sayin'.....

John

Re: 16-Jan-18 World View -- US in Syria announces a Border Security Force to prevent repeat of Iraq withdrawal blunder

Post by John »

shoshin wrote: > Obama's "blunder"?...as I recall, the duly elected government of
> Iraq insisted that we get the hell out. Just sayin'.....
That's a good point, but there's an additional point to be made:
Iraq's government didn't want our forces to stay in 2011, so we
left.

Syria's government doesn't want our forces to stay today, but we're
staying anyway.

It remains to be seen whether this policy will be more disastrous or
less disastrous than the previous policy, and whether this policy will
be "Trump's blunder."

Meanwhile, this issue is almost invisible to the American people, to
whom the phrase "border security force" refers to Mexico.

devorah

Post by devorah »

I have begun the Breitbart discussion under your post.
What you point out, John, is that "A Woman Is A Sometimes Thing". In other words circumstances change. You will soon be again recounting genocide. Syrians aren't even like hamsters on wheels. Saddam was found hiding under rubble with lice in his beard. In Syria, where will the innocent hide?
One major question remains unanswered:
How many barry holdovers remain in the administration, the Pentagon and upper officer echelons in each military branch? This matters.

Post by Guest »

Of course, Russia is committed to the territorial integrity of Syria. When has Russia ever supported Separatism except in Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine, etc. To divide a country is an unthinkable violation of international law, when the central government is an ally of Putin. But if the rebels are in fact Russian pawns, it is okay.

FK Europe

Post by FK Europe »

Europe is filled with ingrates. Europeans love to crap on us. They absolutely love it. We die these people. and this is how they repay us? My family suffered losses in both wars, for this? When Obama reduced US troops numbers, cut NATO funding. and pivoted to Asia, everyone cheered. When Trump asks NATO to pull their own weight, everyone condemns him. How many of these shit eating journalists attacking President Trump have ever served in the military or fought in a war? I doubt any of them have. I hate Europeans. They spent decades calling us racists for trying to hold the line on immigration, but whine about a million refugees. America has 35 million illegals. I watch with unbridled glee as these useless wastes of oxygen are raped and murdered in Europe by low IQ caveman from the third world. What a bunch of cucks. President Trump should feed Europe to Russians. END. OF. STORY.