29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis / dzud

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis / dzud

Post by John »

29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis

Mongolia's herders faces a 'dzud' weather catastrophe

** 29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161229

Contents:
Mongolia's herders faces a 'dzud' weather catastrophe
China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Mongolia, dzud, China, Tibet,
Dalai Lama, Tsend Munkh-Orgil

Waterman121

Re: 29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis / dzud

Post by Waterman121 »

Hi John,

Great work as always. I'm reading a book about the Occupy movement from 2011, and I decided to dig through the archives from that time to see how it was covered. In my search, I came across a startling statement from October 11th 2011 regarding the unfolding violence in Syria:

http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... ?f=4&t=982
"The days of Syrian regime forces massacring peaceful, unarmed protesters appear to be over in Homs, the third largest city in Syria. Armed civilians, along with military defectors, are now battling Bashar al-Assad's regime security forces in formerly peaceful neighborhoods. Perhaps the most dramatic facet of the struggle is a series of assassinations this past week that have left nearly a dozen professors, doctors and informers dead in a paroxysm of violence. From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, Syria is in a generation Awakening era, and so a crisis civil war is impossible. If a civil war begins, it will fizzle quickly."
Do you still stand by this statement? I can see how Syrians undergoing a Generational Awakening would be disinclined to engage in a crisis-level civil war, but one must admit the conflict has been extreme.

How does Generational Dynamics account for this? Is foreign meddling primarily responsible for the intensifying of the war?

This brings up a larger question. In a proxy war, which timeline is more important: the country where the conflict occurs or the countries that sponsor the combatants?

Thanks,

Waterman121

Waterman121

Re: 29-Dec-16 World View -- China punishes Mongolia for Dalai Lama visit during financial crisis / dzud

Post by Waterman121 »

I am reposting the above to today's comments thread, which deals with Syria. Sorry for the mixup!