4-Aug-16 World View -- North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

4-Aug-16 World View -- North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base

Post by John »

N. Korean officials reportedly alarmed at Kim Jong-un's drinking and massive weight gain

** 4-Aug-16 World View -- North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160804

Contents:
N. Korean officials reportedly alarmed at Kim Jong-un's drinking and massive weight gain
North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un,
Japan, Oga Peninsula, Shariki, China,
South Korea, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, THAAD

Coordinated fires

Re: 4-Aug-16 World View -- North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base

Post by Coordinated fires »

Every day I am amazed this little turd hasn't been deposed yet. I wonder why the general staff and the CMU keep holding back, fear of being executed in a particularly creative way or fear of civil unrest and a total collapse.

Or maybe, like good bureaucrats, they just figure its easier to enjoy the perks and corner offices of the status quo, at least until Kim tries to order them into a suicide attack, many at least in the general staff know this would be suicide. At that point I think theyll likely choose moving on Kim rather than finding out firsthand how good the US Air Force's new bunker-busters are.
Politics is war by other means

Cockpit of Asia

Re: 4-Aug-16 World View -- North Korean missile strikes sea close to Japan, threatening radar base

Post by Cockpit of Asia »

From what I understand THAAD will be manned by American soldiers, which makes some Koreans feel uncomfortable. (Are Koreans pawns to be used against the Chinese?)

NK has been threatening war since the (technical) end of the last war. Is it different this time?

Coordinated fires

Cockpit of Asia wrote:From what I understand THAAD will be manned by American soldiers, which makes some Koreans feel uncomfortable. (Are Koreans pawns to be used against the Chinese?)

NK has been threatening war since the (technical) end of the last war. Is it different this time?
Usually when the north pulls their usual shenanigans it's simply in order to extort more foreign aid in exchange for a promise of good behaviour. What's different this time, if these reports are accurate,is that this still reletivley new leader seems to be highly unstable even by DPRK standards. It may be possible that Kim and some of his yes men on the CMC may actually believe they can defeat ROK and US forces and achieve a fait accompli in a short asymmetric campaign (less than 100 days, the maximum amount of time the KPA can sustain operations). This is nothing short of delusional And very dangerous.

As for the ROK being used as a pawn etc etc. I would remind folks that despite the protestations of a few, US forces are in Korea at the request of the Koreans as well as a UN mandate and that in general the majority of South Koreans,as well as Japanese and Fillipinos, very much desire a strong security relationship with the United States. The people of South Korea have enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity precisely because of the strategic deterrence that such a security relationship with the United States provides. The alternative is to be threatened and drawn into the orbit of at least three different authoritarian, human-rights abusing regimes in the region.

The United States is a pacific nation. The ROK is a pacific nation. Both are free open democratic societies with common interests. Why on earth would these two nations not maintain close military ties? That doesn't make the ROK a pawn, it makes them a partner in a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Cockpit of Asia

The rhetoric is heating up a lot now. The SK and American governments now talk about preemptive strikes against the North. Is the US just bluffing to scare NK? Any attack on NK would most likely lead to an all out attack on Seoul. Millions could die. If the Americans were really planning preemptive strikes, wouldn't they keep it quiet?

Do you think war in Korea is close?

John

Post by John »

Cockpit of Asia wrote: > The rhetoric is heating up a lot now. The SK and American
> governments now talk about preemptive strikes against the
> North. Is the US just bluffing to scare NK? Any attack on NK would
> most likely lead to an all out attack on Seoul. Millions could
> die. If the Americans were really planning preemptive strikes,
> wouldn't they keep it quiet?

> Do you think war in Korea is close?
South Korea has already announced that it would launch a pre-emptive
attack on the North "as soon as the North shows any signs of using a
nuclear weapon."

** 12-Sep-16 World View -- South Korea announces 'Massive Punishment and Retaliation' and decapitation for N. Korea
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160912

Cockpit of Asia

I admit, I'm more worried about this than most because I live in Korea. After decades of war scares here, could this time be different? People on the streets here just go about there business. No one really seems to take what North Korea says seriously.

Should I leave Korea? What does your Generational Dynamics Theory say? What do your instincts say, John?

John

Post by John »

Cockpit of Asia wrote: > I admit, I'm more worried about this than most because I live in
> Korea. After decades of war scares here, could this time be
> different? People on the streets here just go about there
> business. No one really seems to take what North Korea says
> seriously.

> Should I leave Korea? What does your Generational Dynamics Theory
> say? What do your instincts say, John?

Korea is certainly going to be an epicenter of the coming war.
Perhaps there's a survivalist group living somewhere in the mountains
in southern Korea where you and your family can hide out for a few
years.

People often ask me where they can go where it's "safe." I can't
answer that question because I don't know where the war will strike.
Even in a nuclear world war, there will be large rural regions that
will be untouched in the sense that they'll be safe from bombs,
radiation, and armies. However, there won't be electricity, water or
food deliveries. Also local law and order will break down, so there
will be marauding groups of gangsters, murdering, raping and
pillaging. So it will help if you and your family learn how to use
guns, and if you stock up plenty of food, medicines, water, and other
supplies. If you're really serious about wanting to survive, then my
guess is that joining a survivalist group is your best bet.

People often ask me what I'm going to do to survive. My answer is
that death is a part of life. I live in Cambridge Massachusetts, near
MIT, which will probably be an early target of China's missiles. So I
look forward to not surviving.

Good luck.

Coordinated fires

keep a strong diversified doomsday portfolio just in case. Beans and bullets in equal amounts.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Cockpit of Asia wrote: > I admit, I'm more worried about this than most because I live in
> Korea. After decades of war scares here, could this time be
> different? People on the streets here just go about there
> business. No one really seems to take what North Korea says
> seriously.

> Should I leave Korea? What does your Generational Dynamics Theory
> say? What do your instincts say, John?
Korea is certainly going to be an epicenter of the coming war.

People often ask me what I'm going to do to survive. My answer is
that death is a part of life. I live in Cambridge Massachusetts, near
MIT, which will probably be an early target of China's missiles. So I
look forward to not surviving.

Good luck.
And that's how we end?