15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia threatens to invade Ukraine

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia threatens to invade Ukraine

Post by John »

15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia threatens to invade Ukraine from East and West

China's bank lending falls 64% in July

** 15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia threatens to invade Ukraine from East and West
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140815

Contents:
Russia's sophisticated disinformation campaign over Ukraine
Russia uses an army of trolls on social media
Russian military convoy crosses border into Ukraine
Russia's humanitarian convoy appears poised to enter Ukraine without consent
Ukraine fears Russian invasion of Odessa from the west
China's bank lending falls 64% in July

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Russia, Ukraine, Buk missile system,
Crimea, Vladimir Putin, Russia Today, Internet Research Agency,
International Committee of the Red Cross, ICRC,
Moldova, Transnistria, Odessa,
Operational Group of Russian Forces,
Operativnaya Gruppa Rossiyskih Voysk, OGRV,
China, People's Bank of China

vincecate

Re: 15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia threatens to invade Ukrai

Post by vincecate »

John wrote: and Russia's enormous housing bubble,
Typeo. You meant China's.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:

What's really remarkable is that the Russian people seem to completely believe anything that Vladimir Putin and the Russian-controlled media tell them. Putin himself has astronomical public approval ratings.

What continues to amaze me is the "alternative press" response to the Ukraine crisis: they have fallen hook, line, and sinker for Russian propaganda. Granted, a lot (if not most) of the alternative press is filled with conspiracy theorists, but even some who write for more mainstream outlets seem to be snowed. I can only guess it is because these people fall into three categories: 1) the ignorant with little (real ) life experience 2) the trolls working for Moscow 3) people who hate America and support anyone who opposes it. You Tube is loaded with ignorant commentary. The latest thing I heard was that the real cause of US/EU sanctions is to stop the development of Russia oil in the arctic by Western companies. What rubbish. I can only shake my head. I used to live in the the Russian Federation, and it's awful. Really awful. Dreadful.

I wrote my own prediction on this board several months ago, and virtually everything I have predicted has come to pass: the "pro-Russian" militias made up of Russian citizens, FSB agents and a horde of others from outside of Ukraine including Cossack and the Serb volunteers. I still believe there will be a huge war, and that the real challenge will be how will NATO responds when Russia attacks Poland or the Baltic Republics (under the guise of attacking rebel troop bases of operations). This war is coming. The sanctions can't work fast enough. If the sanctions fail, prepare for all or war-or surrender and suffer the fates of Berliners in 1945.

Rowan

Post by Rowan »

If the USA or Europe has evidence to show that the separatists shot down the plane, why haven't they released it? And how were they so sure of what happened days and days before the investigators were allowed on site? Why did Kiev refuse to allow investigators to the site, then create a war zone on top of it - trying to destroy evidence? Why has Kiev kept all the air traffic control data? Why does it appear the plane was diverted just before it crashed, who ordered that?

How about some discussion about the neo-Nazis being funded with USA and European funds, the ones that are happily blasting eastern Ukraine and its citizens into oblivion?

Let's have some more background about the actions of the West in stirring up this conflict - overthrowing an elected government, trying to extend NATO into Eastern Europe despite agreements not to, stating that Russia had "invaded" when it hadn't, implying that Russia annexed Crimea when a clear referendum showed that the citizens there preferred Russian rule to the thugs who had ousted their legitimate government in Kiev, imposing sanctions for no good reason (which have now had disastrous consequences for European countries ha ha).

Or why Russia is blocked from sending aid to ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine but the USA is allowed to send funds and arms to the unelected thugs in western Ukraine?

One side pushed for and caused the civil war in Ukraine, and it wasn't Russia. In this particular round of geopolitics, the USA and Europe come over as tantrumming toddlers doing and saying anything to get their way.

On reading this, you may think I'm pro-Russian. This couldn't be further from the truth. I am, in fact, anti-hypocrisy anti-propaganda and anti-idiots.

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I needed an example of what I was talking about.

Obviously, you have no idea what you are talking about. Or maybe you are just paid to write stupid things? (I really don't know.)

I've seen these pathetic tactics before in other wars with my own eyes. The Russians are not "masters of the game"; they are far from it. It's useful (or paid) idiots like Rowan that buy into it.

Let's look at just one of the Russian leaders: Igor Strelkov. He brags that he "fought" with the Serbs in Bosnian town of Visegrad. There was no fighting there, Just mass rape, torture, and murder. He was involved in war crimes in Chechnya, too. I doubt this guy has ever been a gunfight. This guy is a wanker who likes to dress up in old czarist uniforms and parade around. Now when the going gets tough, he resigns his post and will probably make a run for it if he not rescued by the the Russian army. This is the kind of low life the Russians use to represent them. How foolish.

What helps the Russians the most is that western leaders are so hopelessly inept and stupid. Putin, a third rate leader himself, probably wonders how in the the hell the West managed to win the Cold War. With the level of ineptitude going on right now, it wouldn't surprise me at all to wake up to nuclear war tomorrow.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Who has competent leaders? A good question. The problem is people do not want to call a spade a spade nor learn the truth. They prefer a good story and if they can coast so much the better. A "shoot the messenger" phenomenon so to speak. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/shoot+the+messenger
During the decline of the Roman Empire it was of some common practice that a popular attractive actor with presence was elected to the Senate and used as a puppet . This was done to get the support of the Roman citizens who liked charming and attractive actors. The actors political abilities however were not important, and so the declined continued.