A New Way forward?

The interplay of politics and the media with music and culture
Hesiod

Re: A New Way forward?

Post by Hesiod »

I think your selling the common man short and putting too much faith in the "the powers that be" who got in to power by promising and lying to people.....you dont think people like John or maybe 10 people here on this VERY board wouldn't have the qualifications/ smarts to run the day to day, but people like Sara Palin can? Come on...There are probably very well, 2-3 million perfectly capable people who could run this country....Why do I HAVE to choose between 2 candidates who have spent 100's of millions and given false promises just to get to this point in the election....These are the people best suited to run this country? I think not..

gerald

Post by gerald »

Hesiod wrote:I think your selling the common man short and putting too much faith in the "the powers that be" who got in to power by promising and lying to people.....you dont think people like John or maybe 10 people here on this VERY board wouldn't have the qualifications/ smarts to run the day to day, but people like Sara Palin can? Come on...There are probably very well, 2-3 million perfectly capable people who could run this country....Why do I HAVE to choose between 2 candidates who have spent 100's of millions and given false promises just to get to this point in the election....These are the people best suited to run this country? I think not..
Does "ineptocracy" describe the current situation?

Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to
lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the
members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are
rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

One of he major problems in our society is two fold. One side ( the people ) generally want simple easy answers. The other side ( the media ) push what suits their paradigm irrespective of the "truth" or hide the truth, for any number of reasons.
Therefore, competent people stay out of government - they just don't want to put up with all of the sh**. I have had some very minimal contact with "politicians" -- liars, snakes, rats and parasites, guess one has to be that in order to succeed as a politician. Nothing new.

gerald

Post by gerald »

gerald wrote:
Hesiod wrote:I think your selling the common man short and putting too much faith in the "the powers that be" who got in to power by promising and lying to people.....you dont think people like John or maybe 10 people here on this VERY board wouldn't have the qualifications/ smarts to run the day to day, but people like Sara Palin can? Come on...There are probably very well, 2-3 million perfectly capable people who could run this country....Why do I HAVE to choose between 2 candidates who have spent 100's of millions and given false promises just to get to this point in the election....These are the people best suited to run this country? I think not..
Does "ineptocracy" describe the current situation?

Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to
lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the
members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are
rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

One of he major problems in our society is two fold. One side ( the people ) generally want simple easy answers. The other side ( the media ) push what suits their paradigm irrespective of the "truth" or hide the truth, for any number of reasons.
Therefore, competent people stay out of government - they just don't want to put up with all of the sh**. I have had some very minimal contact with "politicians" -- liars, snakes, rats and parasites, guess one has to be that in order to succeed as a politician. Nothing new.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-10-2 ... ey-can-buy

“Rebellion to t...

"We can bitch all we want regarding the f'd up state of our politics, elections, cronyism, etc.... but the media has presented this nation with slanted "journalism" since the beginning of time. Additionally, us dummies elect no good scum bags who self enrich/empower themselves at any cost.

A biased billionaire here and there is just evening the score for his scum bag candidates agenda.

When you want to blame someone, look in the mirror!

Stupidity is a piss poor excuse."