Liberty's Demise? National Defense Authorization Act

The interplay of politics and the media with music and culture
Amon

Liberty's Demise? National Defense Authorization Act

Post by Amon »

2011 has been a sickening year in U.S. politics, and I believe my use of "sickening" to be a gross understatement. First the corruption in Congress is exposed, and now Congress commits mass treason by voting in favor of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.

People, what is going on here? Why isn't anything happening to stop the death of liberty that this legislation would cause?

at99sy

Re: Liberty's Demise? National Defense Authorization Act

Post by at99sy »

I've been reading about this bill for a few days now. Certainly seems as if the ducks are lining up.

dslava

Information and Evidence of the Singularity

Post by dslava »

When you say singularity,do you mean the "light at the end of the tunnel",where the two opposites meet and eventually cancel each other out,forming a nirvana type experience?I am new here,you see.

sarahS4621

Post by sarahS4621 »

Liberty was on the decline well before the National Defense Authorization Act. Liberty began to decline when we stopped allowing others the right to voice their own opinions and we try to stuff our opinions down their throats. No, the National Defense Act is just another nail in the coffin but not the cause.

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

All free republics evolve into tyrannies. "A Republic, if you can keep it. . ." indeed.

hunterG7343

Post by hunterG7343 »

It really is a cruel fact, but we must face it. There is nothing we can do about it it. Law is not in our hands, whatever we think.