China

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
Laustim

Re: China

Post by Laustim »

China has twenty-four cultural and five natural sites registered on the UNESCO World Heritage Site. In addition to this record, there is still fifty-eight preliminary list of monuments on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, which was officially added to the cultural treasures of China. This record has in turn led to a rapid rise of China Tourism contributes to economic growth.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Yes, it's certainly helped their economy, but it's not going to rebuild the massive bubbles that they have. China is where the United States was in 2006, where the problems were just becoming obvious, but few realized what it truly meant for them.

Laustim

Post by Laustim »

May Fourth Movement in 1919 was considered the origin of a number of historical events in modern Chinese history, which is a result of the unequal treaties imposed on China, the Western powers during World War II. The Chinese people under the leadership of the CPC (Communist Party of China) was Northern Expedition (1926-1927), the Agrarian Revolutionary War (1927-1937), the War of Resistance against Japan (1937-1945) and the Liberation War (1937 -1945) consistently in the new democratic revolution.

John

Post by John »

Laustim wrote: > May Fourth Movement in 1919 was considered the origin of a number
> of historical events in modern Chinese history, which is a result
> of the unequal treaties imposed on China, the Western powers
> during World War II. The Chinese people under the leadership of
> the CPC (Communist Party of China) was Northern Expedition
> (1926-1927), the Agrarian Revolutionary War (1927-1937), the War
> of Resistance against Japan (1937-1945) and the Liberation War
> (1937 -1945) consistently in the new democratic
> revolution.
This is a distinctly pro-Maoist view of China's 20th century history.
The May 4 Movement was triggered by an Awakening era climax, a violent
clash on May 4, 1919, in Tiananmen Square between students versus the
older generations supporting the military dictatorship following the
collapse of the Qing Dynasty. It led, in turn, to the creation of
Mao's Communist Party versus Chiang Kai-shek's Kuomintang Party (KMT),
and from there to the bloody Communist Revolution civil war, climaxing
in 1949 with the flight of Chiang to Formosa. History repeated itself
70 years later in Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989, with the violent
massacre of students by the CCP survivors of the civil war. That led,
in turn, to the creation of a kind of "June 4 movement," the rise of
the Falun Gong, and a generational split in Chinese society that will
lead to a new bloody civil war.

From 2008:

** A generational view of China's growing melamine food disaster
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 17#e081117

John

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I've spent some time reading up on China's military capabilities and there's something that always seem to stand out. Whenever one of these articles are written, you've got numerous people from China making all kinds of hate-filled statements about the United States.

"All our economic problems are America's fault." Of course, this is only said when they believe that they're even having any. Most are still showing Lenscap Stupidity.

Perhaps the most ominous one is: "America is trying to provoke a conflict with us, but we will prevail and we will win." A more specific example is: "When the real battle arrive, the great murderous U.S will equally be destroyed once and for all, and so is this planet." This certainly sounds like they're both expecting a war and even looking forward to one.

taratari

Post by taratari »

The Grey Badger wrote:Ok - your quote function was hanging up, so I'm answering here. By "Conservative" I don't mean on the left-right axis, but given to keeping things as they were, being extremely slow to change. Since the last Crisis Era vivid in my memory at second hand was the last one, which I heard about at great length form my parents and their contemporaries, I don't see how that could be called Conservative in either definition; Roosevelt was considered quite radical and certainly given to change at the time, right or wrong. Ditto Lincoln.

Now, by those standards, the Chinese government cannot - now - be called Conservative; they've undergone two huge changes in my lifetime. But as soon as Mao's changes were made, they were locked in hard for quite some time. And certainly both the Vatican and Salt Lake City move with the speed of a glacier, and that is on purpose. Especially the Vatican. China used to be notorious for it, and as I said, once Mao's 'reforms' were locked in solid, the pundits (who may of all been talking through their hats) pointed to how long the Long March Generation held the reins of power and laid it at the door of China's gerontocratic tradition.

I have also seen the same thing in the private sector, on evey level from small-town clubs to long-established corporations. Not that all change is for the good!

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I dont think so you are wrong. I think you are right. thanks for your post

taratari

Post by taratari »

hey, The Grey Badger,
I think you are 100% right in your post. no need any correction. Thanks :)