Washington Post - purpose of Emergency EU Meeting to Ease the Plight of Illegal Immigrants

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
Reality Check

Washington Post - purpose of Emergency EU Meeting to Ease the Plight of Illegal Immigrants

Post by Reality Check »

The Washington Post Newspaper describes the sole purpose of todays, Sunday's, Emergency EU Meeting on the European Immigration Crisis in the opening paragraph of the lengthy article:
Washington Post Newspaper, Sunday, 2015-10-25 wrote:European leaders lashed out Sunday at each other’s handling of the continent’s greatest immigration crisis since World War II, even as they came together to seek ways to ease the plight of the tens of thousands marching across the Balkans toward the European Union’s heartland.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

Nothing, repeat Nothing, about reducing the numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the Asian border between Turkey and Greece, on their way toward crossing many, many European land borders illegally on their way toward Northern Europe and Western Europe.

And nothing about Eastern European and Southern European countries providing buses and trains to aid the "Illegal Aliens" in passing through their country as soon as possible and aiding them to cross illegally into other European countries on their way north and west within Europe.
Last edited by Reality Check on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gerald

Re: Washington Post - purpose of Emergency EU Meeting to Ease the Plight of Illegal Immigrants

Post by gerald »

What make's you think politicians can make hard decisions? They are where they are because they can pass the buck with a snow job. But what happens when they can't? --- aaa -- That's when it gets interesting, and not in a nice way.

Reality Check

Re: Washington Post - purpose of Emergency EU Meeting to Ease the Plight of Illegal Immigrants

Post by Reality Check »

I have no argument with that analysis.

I do believe we have reached the point where it is already getting interesting, however.

What were the election results in Poland ????

I have not checked yet ...

gerald

Post by gerald »

Reality Check wrote:I have no argument with that analysis.

I do believe we have reached the point where it is already getting interesting, however.

aaa, -- But you assume the elections are honest and above board, like elsewhere? Remember Stalin supposedly said "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

gerald

Post by gerald »

gerald wrote:
Reality Check wrote:I have no argument with that analysis.

aaa, -- But you assume the elections are honest and above board, like elsewhere? Remember Stalin supposedly said "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."
Polish lawmaker Beata Szydlo says she will be the country's next prime minister if official results confirm an exit poll showing a decisive win for her conservative Law and Justice party. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/ ... 5-16-07-33