Clash of Civilizations

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
Trevor

Re: Clash of Civilizations

Post by Trevor »

One possibility I came up with (and it's the one I'm using for my project) is that it could start as a revolution, with the CCP in China being overthrown and killed. Think of the French Revolution on a much larger scale. Someone else can come to power, promise to restore China to greatness, and begin a full war-time mobilization for war with the United States.

gerald

Post by gerald »

John, more fuel for the world fire?

"The Saudis are bulldozing Islam's heritage. Why the silence from the Muslim world?"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damia ... lim-world/

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

gerald wrote: "The Saudis are bulldozing Islam's heritage. Why the silence from the Muslim world?"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damia ... lim-world/
I wonder if this has some under tones of the conflict between Shia and Sunni.

Both Egypt and Saudi Arabia are dominated by the Sunni sect.

The Shia sect believes those related to the prophet by blood are more worthy than those who are not.

The buildings being destroyed may have less significance to a Sunni than to Shia.

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

China uses rigged "journalist" to slant coverage...and didn't Bush allow a shill into Press Conferences to ask "fluff" questions?

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3632894.htm

John

Post by John »

shoshin wrote:China uses rigged "journalist" to slant coverage...and didn't Bush allow a shill into Press Conferences to ask "fluff" questions?

Your side won last week in part by blaming everything in the last
four years on the Bush administration. Are you now gearing up to
blame everything that happens in the next four years on the
Bush administration?

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
shoshin wrote:China uses rigged "journalist" to slant coverage...and didn't Bush allow a shill into Press Conferences to ask "fluff" questions?

Your side won last week in part by blaming everything in the last
four years on the Bush administration. Are you now gearing up to
blame everything that happens in the next four years on the
Bush administration?
It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. Even if the Bush admin DID plant one guy, how many work on behalf of the other side, without the need of being planted? LOL
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

John

Post by John »

At today's press conference, it looked to me that ALL Washington
reporters are rigged "journalist" shills.

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

gee, one little off-hand reference to Bush and the Obama-Haters emerge in full force!...my "side" won?...well, I thought that politicians don't matter, it's the people wh move history, so what difference does it make if Obama won (except the "people" seem to have voted for him)?

The point I was trying to make is that it seemed odd, and sort of touching, that the Chinese were trying to create the impression (illusion) of a free press by actually having a press conference with actual questions...but they couldn't help themselves, and made sure all the questions were fluffy puff balls....and, yes, Bush's folks did insert a ludicrously stupid "journalist" into a couple of his pressers to ask similar questions, but so what?...I guess you are a still smarting from the fact that most of the press seems to be in love with Obama, and hated Bush...too bad, grow up, move on..

As for blaming Bush for the NEXT 4 years, he doesn't have to...he has the Republican congress to nail with obstructionism...only this time, Mitch McConnell will have to come up with something different to say than keeping Obama a "one term President."

John

Post by John »

shoshin wrote:gee, one little off-hand reference to Bush and the Obama-Haters emerge in full force!...my "side" won?...well, I thought that politicians don't matter, it's the people wh move history, so what difference does it make if Obama won (except the "people" seem to have voted for him)?

The point I was trying to make is that it seemed odd, and sort of touching, that the Chinese were trying to create the impression (illusion) of a free press by actually having a press conference with actual questions...but they couldn't help themselves, and made sure all the questions were fluffy puff balls....and, yes, Bush's folks did insert a ludicrously stupid "journalist" into a couple of his pressers to ask similar questions, but so what?...I guess you are a still smarting from the fact that most of the press seems to be in love with Obama, and hated Bush...too bad, grow up, move on..

As for blaming Bush for the NEXT 4 years, he doesn't have to...he has the Republican congress to nail with obstructionism...only this time, Mitch McConnell will have to come up with something different to say than keeping Obama a "one term President."
I'm not sure what you mean by "Obama-hater," unless you're referring
to the white hot fury I'm feeling over the rampant corruption and
criminality in the administration that's metastasized throughout
Washington and beyond. And I started writing about that corruption
during the Bush administration, moron.

People in your camp use words like "Obama-hater" and "racist" in
exactly the same way that 1930s Germans used words like "Jew lover."
You can feel proud that you would have done very well in 1930s
Germany, gleefully enjoying the "fun" of destroying Jewish property,
and sending Jews to concentration camps.

mhrr

Post by mhrr »

Please don't compare shoshin to the Nazis. He has different opinions, but ad hominem attacks aren't cool.