29-Apr-19 World View -- South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

29-Apr-19 World View -- South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'

Post by John »

South Korea's network of anti-missile defenses

** 29-Apr-19 World View -- South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e190429

Contents:
South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'
History of South Korea's indigenous weapons industry
Chinese fury and revenge over THAAD
South Korea's network of anti-missile defenses

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, South Korea, North Korea,
Sohae Launch facility, LIG Nex1, KM-SAM Cheongung,
International Defence Exhibition, IDEX,
Terminal High Altitude Air Defense, THAAD,
Park Geun-bye, Moon Jae-in, China, Russia,
Lotte Group, Patriot anti-missile system,
Israel, Barak-8

Re: 29-Apr-19 World View -- South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'

Post by Guest »

I work for a Korean defense contractor, and it's true, business has never been better. The company I work for has had to move to another part of the building because of the need for greater office space. The only restriction facing the company is recruiting and keeping qualified workers. Western companies are constantly pouching them away from the company.

From personal experience, I can tell you: Israelis play dirty and are a bunch of snakes. There systems are not necessarily better, and when it is to their advantage, the Israelis play games. Caveat emptor.

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 29-Apr-19 World View -- South Korea's weapons industry boosted by end of North's 'Charm Offensive'

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:I work for a Korean defense contractor, and it's true, business has never been better. The company I work for has had to move to another part of the building because of the need for greater office space. The only restriction facing the company is recruiting and keeping qualified workers. Western companies are constantly pouching them away from the company.

From personal experience, I can tell you: Israelis play dirty and are a bunch of snakes. There systems are not necessarily better, and when it is to their advantage, the Israelis play games. Caveat emptor.
BLASPHEMY....!!! (..mit THREE apostrophes!)

......Image......

Post by Guest »

The tension doesn't seem to be really that menacing in Korea. It seems like all of this means a return to the status quo: a lot of smoke but no fire.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > I work for a Korean defense contractor, and it's true, business
> has never been better. The company I work for has had to move to
> another part of the building because of the need for greater
> office space. The only restriction facing the company is
> recruiting and keeping qualified workers. Western companies are
> constantly pouching them away from the company.

> From personal experience, I can tell you: Israelis play dirty and
> are a bunch of snakes. There systems are not necessarily better,
> and when it is to their advantage, the Israelis play games. Caveat
> emptor.
Everyone plays dirty games. I'm not aware that the Israelis are any
worse than anyone else.
Guest wrote: > The tension doesn't seem to be really that menacing in Korea. It
> seems like all of this means a return to the status quo: a lot of
> smoke but no fire.
The leadership of North Korea, South Korea, and the US have all been
participating in a "charm offensive," which has moved the North Korea
problem off the front pages. In the meantime, North Korea has been
continuing development of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles, and
one day they'll decide to run another public test. That will return
North Korea to crisis mode.

Michael P

Post by Michael P »

South Korea Missle Defense?
As I understand it, North Korea has about 10,000 WW2 era heavy Artillary pieces in hard placements on the border with the South.
One Salvo would level Seoul as the Megaton explosive potential is similar to an H Bomb.
If this is true, it begs the question: Are Miissle Defense Systems for the South anything more than cosmetic for the purpose of weapons sales and public perception?

Michael MickG

Post by Michael MickG »

South Korea Missle Defense?
As I understand it, North Korea has about 10,000 WW2 era heavy Artillary pieces in hard placements on the border with the South.
One Salvo would level Seoul as the Megaton explosive potential is similar to an H Bomb.
If this is true, it begs the question: Are Miissle Defense Systems for the South anything more than cosmetic for the purpose of weapons sales and public perception?