Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
zzazz

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by zzazz »

Lawrence Wilkerson---probably the most incisive and accurate analyst on the internet--of course John thinks he is an idiot.

John

Post by John »

** 20-May-2019 Lawrence Wilkerson and zzazz
zzazz wrote: > Lawrence Wilkerson---probably the most incisive and accurate
> analyst on the internet--of course John thinks he is an
> idiot.
Somehow, it's very reassuring that you and he agree with each other.
The world makes a little bit more sense that way. Birds of a
feather ...

By the way, I'm the most incisive and accurate analyst on the
internet.

Post by Guest »

zzazz wrote:Lawrence Wilkerson---probably the most incisive and accurate analyst on the internet--of course John thinks he is an idiot.
Wilkerson is a nut. He seems to have drunk the Democracy Now kool-aid and become some kind of extreme left wing activist. The extreme left is as bonkers as the extreme right.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:** 20-May-2019 Zerohedge: Lawrence Wilkerson
Tom Mazanec wrote: > We are headed down the road to war with China:
> https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05- ... -war-china
Truly naïve idiot. Has not the slightest clue what's going on in the
world. Neville Chamberlain on steroids.
He's not wrong, per se, but his perspective is so incomplete (narrow) that he mistakes the shadows for the paper shadow-puppets for the puppeteers manipulating their story-telling paper shadow-puppets.

Bureaucrats tend to be non-optimistic utopians, meaning: They believe their matryoshka-like "bureaus" are the only "power" that can create the "coming utopia" by mind-and-soul-destroying and agony inducing office grunt-work to fend off the "evil anti-bureaucrat" forces-for-chaos that is everyone but them.

It's hard not to be a conspiracy theorist when you "know" who actually runs everything!

..and when you're OUT of the inside of the "controlling power", resentment morphs into "performance art".

CH86

Post by CH86 »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Tom Mazanec wrote: > We are headed down the road to war with China:
> https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05- ... -war-china
He's not wrong, per se, but his perspective is so incomplete (narrow) that he mistakes the shadows for the paper shadow-puppets for the puppeteers manipulating their story-telling paper shadow-puppets.

Bureaucrats tend to be non-optimistic utopians, meaning: They believe their matryoshka-like "bureaus" are the only "power" that can create the "coming utopia" by mind-and-soul-destroying and agony inducing office grunt-work to fend off the "evil anti-bureaucrat" forces-for-chaos that is everyone but them.

It's hard not to be a conspiracy theorist when you "know" who actually runs everything!

..and when you're OUT of the inside of the "controlling power", resentment morphs into "performance art".
The "controlling bureaucrats" wouldn't have the problem of societal resentment of their "Rule" if they simply respected the law and governed within the confines of society's "foundational laws". In the Case of the US; the "Foundational law" is the constitution. The Controlling bureaucrats are trying to artificially control the outcome of society, by trying to maintain America's 20th century "dominant morality" into the 21st century crisis and beyond even though the citizens have not granted them consent to do so. The constitution makes it clear that whenever the governments preference and the citizens preference contradict each other, it is the citizens preferences that are supposed to be implemented.

I'll simplifiy what I'm saying by using WW2 generals as metaphorical examples; Globalists refuse to accept that it is NOT Macarthur and Eisenhower who prefigure the future mentality of Americans but instead Patton and LeMay (with some foreign cultural influx From Zhukov and Konev as well) who do so.

FishbellykanakaDude

CH86 wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:

The "controlling bureaucrats" wouldn't have the problem of societal resentment of their "Rule" if they simply respected the law and governed within the confines of society's "foundational laws". In the Case of the US; the "Foundational law" is the constitution. The Controlling bureaucrats are trying to artificially control the outcome of society, by trying to maintain America's 20th century "dominant morality" into the 21st century crisis and beyond even though the citizens have not granted them consent to do so. The constitution makes it clear that whenever the governments preference and the citizens preference contradict each other, it is the citizens preferences that are supposed to be implemented.

I'll simplifiy what I'm saying by using WW2 generals as metaphorical examples; Globalists refuse to accept that it is NOT Macarthur and Eisenhower who prefigure the future mentality of Americans but instead Patton and LeMay (with some foreign cultural influx From Zhukov and Konev as well) who do so.
Back in the old Dungeons & Dragons days, did you play "Lawful/Evil" or "Lawful/Amoral" aligned characters quite often, perhaps? :)

..maybe even "Super-Hyper-Lawful/whatever", where the "good-vs-evil" axis is utterly irrelevant?

John

Post by John »

** 21-May-2019 Good or Evil?

Are earthquakes evil? Is a rainstorm good or evil? Is sunshine
good or evil? Would it matter if it were in the middle
of a drought?

FishbellykanakaDude

John wrote:** 21-May-2019 Good or Evil?

Are earthquakes evil? Is a rainstorm good or evil? Is sunshine
good or evil? Would it matter if it were in the middle
of a drought?
Hah HA...! I have LURED you into asking these "intriguing" questions...!!

..now to astound my tantalized prey...

Evil requires an "innocent" on which to "unnecessarily" inflict itself.

<insert profound pause here>

So,.. find me an "evil" inflicting itself on an "innocent" in such a way as to be "unnecessary" in the cases of earthquakes, rainstorms and sunshine, and we've found us some evils.

"Evils" are simply things from which to learn compassion and "how not to arrange things so as to promote evil inasmuch as that is possible".

As a kid, I purposefully squashed a bunch of ants once. I "agonized" (which wasn't THAT agony filled actually) about whether I was evil for doing that.

I eventually decided that I was evil for doing that, but that my being evil was really only evil in retrospect, as I had done this evil "incidentally" while clearing the ground for some quasi-useful purpose.

But, in retrospect, it was certainly "unnecessary" for the squashage to have happened, and the ants were definitely the "innocent" victims of my terror campaign.

But did I feel overly "bad" about it? No. Why? Because the "important" part of this episode was that I learned a couple of things about the "nature of evil", which dwarfed the comparative insignificance of the lives of a few dozen ants.

..the ants MAY have had a different opinion of the situation, of course,.. but they were "ants" after all, and we are given free will to measure the comparative worth of that which is in our environment.

I don't advocate the "elimination" of evil, as that is futile. All I advocate is learning from evil, so that it's more likely to proliferate a bit less due to the student's wisdom.

JCP

Post by JCP »

People can be evil; nature can not.

How can a storm be evil? It's the behavior of man which can be categorized in those terms.

The Chinese communists are notoriously stupid, so I figure they will continue overplaying their hand until they are all dead. Taiwan and Japan are true democracies; they deserve to exist and most importantly, be protected against the unmitigated thuggery of the Chinese communists. If we let those countries be destroyed, we will be next. And what of American principles? We are supposed to stand for something.

FishbellykanakaDude

Milo talks with Peterson

( I suggest watching at 1.75 or 2.00 speed )