Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:50 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:34 am
Kavkaz wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:57 am

The Russians murdered half my family. I hope the war drags on and millions of Russians die.
Life is better lived without this kind of holding on to the tragedies of the world.
I think you are right but I wonder if you would say that if half your family were killed.
Exactly.

I know people who lost family in the Second World War that are still angry about it. Why shouldn't someone who lost half their family in the last few years, or twenty five years, not be angry about it?

It is easy for the unwounded to judge the wounded.

John

Post by John »

** 04-Jun-2023 World View: Smartest and Dumbest Presidents

https://www.voanews.com/a/america-s-sma ... 25199.html

America's Smartest (and 'Dumbest') Presidents

• Smartest US Presidents (up until 2006)

• Least Intelligent US Presidents (up until 2006)

Presidential historian Barbara Perry and
psychologist Dean Simonton both agree
that Barack Obama is one of the brighter
presidents, a distinction Perry also
gives to Bill Clinton. Perry says Donald
Trump is the most cunning
U.S. president.

As to the current president, Perry says
Joe Biden isn’t among America’s
brightest leaders.

“I just never found him particularly
intellectually sharp or engaging,” she
says. “I think you can see that from
where he went to school, from his
grades. He didn't go to the top elite
schools for undergrad or graduate
school. … So, I just think he is of
average intellect, but obviously he has
parlayed that [into the presidency] by
virtue, I think, of his personality.”

America’s presidents are “definitely
smarter than the general population,”
according to Simonton, who adds that
leaders can’t appear to be too much more
intelligent than their followers because
people don’t follow leaders that they
don't understand.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:45 am
** 04-Jun-2023 World View: Smartest and Dumbest Presidents

https://www.voanews.com/a/america-s-sma ... 25199.html

America's Smartest (and 'Dumbest') Presidents

• Smartest US Presidents (up until 2006)

• Least Intelligent US Presidents (up until 2006)

Presidential historian Barbara Perry and
psychologist Dean Simonton both agree
that Barack Obama is one of the brighter
presidents, a distinction Perry also
gives to Bill Clinton. Perry says Donald
Trump is the most cunning
U.S. president.

As to the current president, Perry says
Joe Biden isn’t among America’s
brightest leaders.

“I just never found him particularly
intellectually sharp or engaging,” she
says. “I think you can see that from
where he went to school, from his
grades. He didn't go to the top elite
schools for undergrad or graduate
school. … So, I just think he is of
average intellect, but obviously he has
parlayed that [into the presidency] by
virtue, I think, of his personality.”

America’s presidents are “definitely
smarter than the general population,”
according to Simonton, who adds that
leaders can’t appear to be too much more
intelligent than their followers because
people don’t follow leaders that they
don't understand.
Proves the point that wisdom and intelligence are not synonymous.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

JCP wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:12 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Kavkaz wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:57 am

The Russians murdered half my family. I hope the war drags on and millions of Russians die.
Life is better lived without this kind of holding on to the tragedies of the world.
Well, seeing as how the Russians have invaded and continue to invade other countries and continue to commit rape, torture, and murder on an industrial scale, the victim of Russian barbarism is not talking about a now long ended behavior on the part of the Russians. This tragedy is not ancient history; it is recent and happening now.

This is about punishing the guilty that still live and stopping the Russian atrocity machine.
The US has killed and debased magnitudes more people than the Russian Federation in the last 30 years. It's not even close. Let's cut the crap.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:32 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:50 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:

I think you are right but I wonder if you would say that if half your family were killed.
Exactly.

I know people who lost family in the Second World War that are still angry about it. Why shouldn't someone who lost half their family in the last few years, or twenty five years, not be angry about it?

It is easy for the unwounded to judge the wounded.
Another person who doesn't know what the word "judge" means.

Whether I would make good on the statement I made, it is a true statement, and stands on itself.

Of course, it is hardest for non christians to understand this, which make it all the more ironic that they complain about a "judgment" that they don't even believe will happen in last day.

JCP

Post by JCP »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:17 pm
JCP wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Well, seeing as how the Russians have invaded and continue to invade other countries and continue to commit rape, torture, and murder on an industrial scale, the victim of Russian barbarism is not talking about a now long ended behavior on the part of the Russians. This tragedy is not ancient history; it is recent and happening now.

This is about punishing the guilty that still live and stopping the Russian atrocity machine.
The US has killed and debased magnitudes more people than the Russian Federation in the last 30 years. It's not even close. Let's cut the crap.
Kavkaz' s family was not murdered by Americans. They were murdered by Russians. This is obviously personally to him (or her).

It is Russia that is grinding up Ukraine right now. The Russians are raping, torturing, looting, and killing Ukrainians , displacing millions, and destroying Ukraine's infrastructure. I support Ukraine in the face of such brutality.

I never supported the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan. Bush should be in jail along with his cronies for all the atrocities that went one everywhere. The loss of freedom after 9/11 (along with legalized torture) has destroyed us. I have never defended (and will never) G. W. Bush.

You seem to think that war crimes are excusable because 'everyone is doing it'. No, it is not OK. Remember the lesson of Lot. Even if everyone around you is evil, you can always choose to be good. Maybe you should think about that.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

JCP wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:59 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:17 pm
JCP wrote:

Kavkaz' s family was not murdered by Americans. They were murdered by Russians. This is obviously personally to him (or her).

It is Russia that is grinding up Ukraine right now. The Russians are raping, torturing, looting, and killing Ukrainians , displacing millions, and destroying Ukraine's infrastructure. I support Ukraine in the face of such brutality.

I never supported the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan. Bush should be in jail along with his cronies for all the atrocities that went one everywhere. The loss of freedom after 9/11 (along with legalized torture) has destroyed us. I have never defended (and will never) G. W. Bush.

You seem to think that war crimes are excusable because 'everyone is doing it'. No, it is not OK. Remember the lesson of Lot. Even if everyone around you is evil, you can always choose to be good. Maybe you should think about that.
I see this for what it is, and you see the American deep state for what it is, but you refuse to use your brain about what NATO and the US, under the cousins of Zelenskyy control (can't be more obvious), have been doing. I bet Nuland is a coincidence. Blinken too, right?

You bomb and kill eastern ukrainians/russian ethnics and kill 14k, put up biolabs near the Russian border, perform a coup and steal leadership, and then you get all shocked when someone does something about it. You know, national security wise. You guys aren't even slightly realistic about this reality.

War is awful. NATO and the US have been stoking this for a long time now. And they're beginning it again against another strong/traditional christian country, that they illegally invaded before and supported muslims for more division (Kosovo). Don't give me this stuff, it's so obvious what the agenda is, you have to be blind and stupid to keep arguing that someone here is "good" when in reality it is reactionary to evil policies, and those policies are US/Nato under the control of Israeli dual citizens. Period.

John

Post by John »

** 04-Jun-2023 World View: America vs Russia and China
JCP wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:59 pm
Kavkaz' s family was not murdered by
Americans. They were murdered by
Russians. This is obviously personally
to him (or her).

It is Russia that is grinding up Ukraine
right now. The Russians are raping,
torturing, looting, and killing
Ukrainians , displacing millions, and
destroying Ukraine's infrastructure. I
support Ukraine in the face of such
brutality.

I never supported the invasion of Iraq
or Afghanistan. Bush should be in jail
along with his cronies for all the
atrocities that went one everywhere. The
loss of freedom after 9/11 (along with
legalized torture) has destroyed us. I
have never defended (and will never)
G. W. Bush.

You seem to think that war crimes are
excusable because 'everyone is doing
it'. No, it is not OK. Remember the
lesson of Lot. Even if everyone around
you is evil, you can always choose to be
good. Maybe you should think about that.
If a terrorist with a gun is killing
innocent civilians, and if a policeman
shoots and kills the terrorist to
prevent further loss of life, then the
policeman is not a murderer.

Since WW II, America has been "Policeman
of the World." When America invaded
Iraq and Afghanistan, the objective was
to prevent further terrorist violence by
the leaders of Iraq and Afghanistan,
respectively. You can disagree with the
details of the policies, but the motives
were pure, and the actions were not war
crimes.

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, when Russia
invaded Ukraine, when Hitler invaded
Austria and Russia, if China invades
Taiwan, the motives were/are far from
pure. The motives were/are to annex the
land being invaded, and to kill off the
existing population. This is
dramatically different from America's
motives, and violence in those cases
clearly constitutes war crimes.

El Cid M

Post by El Cid M »

Invading Afghanistan was a mistake. I was against it. I warned people we would end up being there for--no kidding--"twenty years and still lose"-- and people just smirked or yelled at me. Now they all pretend that they had never supported Bush either :( (Puke)

We should have just killed Bin laden with a drone strike or special forces raid, which is what we did anyway. At the very least, we should not have stayed in Afghanistan for 20 years. It bankrupted us. I don't really see how we accomplished anything. Now Afghan refugees are destroying the West.

The invasion of Iraq was based on a lie. The invasion of Iraq destroyed America's credibility. And it also bankrupted us both financially and morally. America's image ended up in toilet. The fallout from that invasion still affects to this day. It also destabilized the Middle East and flooded Europe with refugees that are now destroying the fabric of western society. America kicked the cage open and these people flooded into the West. I would have preferred they all stayed in the Middle East.

If a French terrorist shoots a cop in New York and then you bomb Portugal, what have you accomplished?

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 pm

I see this for what it is, and you see the American deep state for what it is, but you refuse to use your brain about what NATO and the US, under the cousins of Zelenskyy control (can't be more obvious), have been doing. I bet Nuland is a coincidence. Blinken too, right?

You bomb and kill eastern ukrainians/russian ethnics and kill 14k, put up biolabs near the Russian border, perform a coup and steal leadership, and then you get all shocked when someone does something about it. You know, national security wise. You guys aren't even slightly realistic about this reality.

War is awful. NATO and the US have been stoking this for a long time now. And they're beginning it again against another strong/traditional christian country, that they illegally invaded before and supported muslims for more division (Kosovo). Don't give me this stuff, it's so obvious what the agenda is, you have to be blind and stupid to keep arguing that someone here is "good" when in reality it is reactionary to evil policies, and those policies are US/Nato under the control of Israeli dual citizens. Period.
I see someone has been chugging the Russian Kool aid.

This is why so many here think you are a Kremlin troll, CB.