Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:.... Having $50,000 in gold (easily carried) meant life for my relatives when they had to flee one night with only the clothes on their backs (but with gold in their pockets).
Yay GOLD...!!

...thank GOD they had pockets! Some people don't, ya' know....

Post by Guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: Yay GOLD...!
Yes, the ones that don't die. Even when mothers turn to prostitution to feed their children, they all die rather quickly. I've seen that too.

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:... Mad Max. Okay, I get it. That would be the end of most techno dependent people on this planet. You can't take smartphone zombies and make them into nomadic herdsmen overnight. 99% will die.
No. Precisely the opposite. NOT Mad Max. Max lived [lives?] in a retrograde technocracy. Gold trades well in ANY technocracy (because "technocracy" implies "tech" which is another word for "luxuries").

The ONLY "societal form" that isn't a technocracy (implying that gold would have truly "no value") is "inaccessible tiny island about to be hit by an asteroid larger than the island where the islanders know they're plasma in four hours".

If gold has even the smallest hope of EVENTUALLY being traded for something actually useful, it will be hoarded.
Most in the third world I have met live off of charity: food donated by America and Europe, even Japan. The average African lives in a makeshift hut, wears a beanie, and does nothing but walk down to distribution centers and pick up bags of free food. When the next world war begins, most in the third world will starve to death.

Even 'preppers' have limited food stocks. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, they average prepper has about a month's supply of food and they say it's a year's worth on their smug videos.

I don't know how many people will survive, but it won't be that many. Most likely country people living in the mountains or isolated areas will survive. They have the skills. But the future will be lo tech. I don't want to survive in that scenario. I doubt I would. Water borne illness almost killed me when I was besieged during a war two decades ago. Yes. Really. I escaped to America. If America falls, then everything falls with it.
Humans are ultimately better at adaptation than cockroaches.

The only question is how many humans will constitute humanity, not whether humanity will exist.

..and by the way,.. there are an AMAZING number of humans who would PREFER that 99.8% of humans on the planet would die off and leave them and their families alone.

I'm cool either way, myself, but I'm a true weirdo,.. as y'all know. :)

..and the game plays on...

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote: Yay GOLD...!
Yes, the ones that don't die. Even when mothers turn to prostitution to feed their children, they all die rather quickly. I've seen that too.
Yeah,.. it kinda highlights the annoying (and awful) truth that kids are meant to be made, not raised, during chaotic catastrophe, and preferably only VERY late in that catastrophe.

..not to mention the "weird" propensity for extreme male bonerness during wartime, which is a very good reason to NOT have females in warzones.

But <cringe> it DOES reacquaint people with what sex is actually for.

..I know,.. dangling participle... </me points finger-pistol at my own head>

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Greer once had a blogpost on the gold hoarders of Rome’s collapse never using their gold, which became the treasure stories of the early Dark Age.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

When people talked about living in hard times, I used to tell them to read Fernando “FerFAL” Aguirre blog about living in Argentina, before he moved to Canada. His blog is down, but he condensed it in to a book: https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Survival- ... 790&sr=8-1

He did it in real time, it was pretty scary and punched holes in stereotypes and misconceptions. I learned a bit from it. Here are two small parts of it:
https://www.businessinsider.com/henry-b ... se-2009-11
and
https://tspwiki.com/index.php?title=FerFAL

John

Post by John »

** 24-Jan-2020 World View: Spread of China's Wuhan coronavirus

It's now expected that millions of people will be infected by the
coronavirus that originated in the city of Wuhan, but has already
spread to multiple cities in China. China has been trying to contain
the spread, by canceling many Lunar New Year celebrations, in Beijing
and elsewhere, even closing Shanghai Disneyland and part of the Great
Wall of China. There are confirmed cases in nearly every province of
China.

Wuhan is the provincial capital of Hubei province. 14 cities across
Hubei province have been "locked down," meaning that roads have been
closed and buses, trains and planes are no longer running.

• Fourteen cities across the Hubei province in China are
    restricting the movement of people – by reducing or cancelling public
    transport and closing roads. (Daily Mail)

Worldwide, there are confirmed cases in 11 countries.

• Nepal today became the 11th country to declare a confirmed
    case, as the US and Japan confirmed their second cases, Thailand its
    fifth, and the global toll rose above 900 (Daily Mail)
Officially, at least 900 people around the world have been infected with coronavirus and 26 have died

---- Source:

-- Coronavirus 'will infect 350,000 people in Wuhan ALONE': Scientists
dramatically increase estimate as China locks down FOURTEEN cities
and races to build 1,000-bed hospital in FIVE DAYS to deal with th
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... virus.html
(DailyMail, 24-Jan-2019)

jmparret

Post by jmparret »

Somehow I got this website that tracks deaths, infections, and location of infections. There are maps with the first being mainland China. You can change the maps by clicking on confirmed cases by country/region.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

It is not as up to date as John but it is close. The death rate so far is about 3%. I am sure that is low.

Post by Guest »

jmparret wrote:Somehow I got this website that tracks deaths, infections, and location of infections. There are maps with the first being mainland China. You can change the maps by clicking on confirmed cases by country/region.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

It is not as up to date as John but it is close. The death rate so far is about 3%. I am sure that is low.
So 3% of millions will die? Probably not as bad as the regular flu then.