Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
jdcpapa

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by jdcpapa »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:18 pm
jdcpapa wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:47 am
Murdock said the My Pillow commercials were run on Fox for monetary reasons. It is called capitalism. How is what he said a lie? I accept his statement. How am I fooling myself?

Judge Kaplan concluded that Trump raped Carroll contrary to New York law. The jury concluded that Trump sexually assaulted Carroll pursuant to New York law. I accept the conclusions of the judge and jury. I accept that you concluded Trump raped Carroll. Do I accept the evidence within either conclusion as "beyond a reasonable doubt" or as "clear and convincing"? No. How am I fooling myself?
First, that is not the statement by Murdoch I'm concerned with. That is one way you are fooling yourself, presenting a false argument as if it is relevant. Second, Murdock said Fox News lied for profit. I believe he knows more about Fox News policy than you, and I am defending his words under oath. I see it consistent with his paying $787 Million to avoid a forced lawsuit settlement.
You say "Murdock said Fox news lied for profit". You have not provided evidence supporting your claim. Your post below confirms Fox is in the business of making money, a profit. It is not evidence that Murdock lied. Your cite below does not support your claim that "Murdock said Fox news lied for profit".

Bob Butler wrote: Fox lied.
Murdoch wrote:“It is not red or blue—it is green,” according to Monday’s court filing.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... c6a89e494b

Conservatives will contort themselves to deny the obvious. Rather than admit the truth, they will double down on the lies. I am still curious. What will it take for them to admit truth?
This was my response to your previous post:
jdcpapa wrote:Your recent cite: "At one point, when asked during the deposition, Murdoch suggested the decision to let Lindell run ads for his company, MyPillow, was a strictly financial—rather than political—move, agreeing with the statement: 'It is not red or blue—it is green,'according to Monday’s court filing."

Your quote is not evidence that Fox lied. It is evidence that Murdock told the truth. Furthermore, your quote is disingenuous because it is taken out of context.
Bob Butler wrote:If you expect those levels of proof in a civil lawsuit you simply do not know the law.
I do not.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:49 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:41 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:12 pm
In a criminal trial, if you are found "guilty," jail time is in some cases a possibility.
In a civil lawsuit, jail is never a possibility, money changing hands is usually the worst that can happen.

Of course, if absurd judges and juries order absurd amounts of recompense with minimal evidence (as can be the case in "he said / she said" cases like Trump's rape case), it can still suck. But no one has been found "guilty," and no one is going to jail.

These are the facts, no matter how many clueless liberals lie and obfuscate. The ignorance of the left can truly boggle the mind. They are deranged creatures.
It is sad that such derangement can afflict our fellow country persons. But for us to heal from this terrible affliction, forgiveness and self reflection are in order with the season.
The liberals don't believe in forgiveness. They believe in mass graves for those they disagree with.

Ask the Russians how that turned out in 1917.
Liberals do believe in forgiveness but only for themselves. After covid was over, they said to forget about all the mistakes they made, that it was time to move on.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:16 am
FullMoon wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:41 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:12 pm
In a criminal trial, if you are found "guilty," jail time is in some cases a possibility.
In a civil lawsuit, jail is never a possibility, money changing hands is usually the worst that can happen.

Of course, if absurd judges and juries order absurd amounts of recompense with minimal evidence (as can be the case in "he said / she said" cases like Trump's rape case), it can still suck. But no one has been found "guilty," and no one is going to jail.

These are the facts, no matter how many clueless liberals lie and obfuscate. The ignorance of the left can truly boggle the mind. They are deranged creatures.
It is sad that such derangement can afflict our fellow country persons. But for us to heal from this terrible affliction, forgiveness and self reflection are in order with the season.
It comes down simply to if Murdoch and judge Kaplan said something you don't like, you distort the words. It seems you are able to fool yourselves. The truths, however, remain said.
Thanks for confirming my accusation of derangement. I'll consider this reply an admission of guilt. But no admission by your ilk is needed. Evidence is now overwhelming even for those late to the game.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

I'd like to wish everyone on the forum, and especially those with whom I disagree, a very Merry Christmas.

John

Post by John »

** 25-Dec-2023 World View: Christmas 2023
spottybrowncow wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:31 pm
> I'd like to wish everyone on the
> forum, and especially those with
> whom I disagree, a very Merry
> Christmas.
Thanks. I share your wishes, and I think
most of us agree that the members and
guests of this forum are here because
whether we agree or disagree on the
details, we're all looking forward to
2024 with some anxiety.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
> Christmas.
2024 with some anxiety.
I hope we make it to 2025.

fahorm

Post by fahorm »

Acknowledge that we should not always assume a constant supply of electricity and understand our significant dependence on it. Realizing our personal reliance on electricity enables us to prepare for the possibility of its absence.

The primary necessity for electricity extends beyond our smartphones to essential appliances like the refrigerator. Many of us may need to adapt to an extended period without refrigeration, emphasizing the importance of acquiring skills for sustaining ourselves without the conveniences that rely on a functional fridge.

Subsequently, consider the aspect of communication. Having a portable radio, preferably one powered by a hand crank or solar energy, is crucial, especially given the limited availability of batteries over time.

Lastly, address the need for lighting alternatives. It is prudent to have backup solutions for illumination, with solar power collection and storage being an optimal choice. This doesn't necessitate installing large panels on your roof; a portable solar collector suitable for camping can provide sufficient power for lighting needs, even if it won't support larger appliances like refrigerators or big-screen TVs.

Post by Guest »

Many Palestinians who've obeyed the IDF's orders to move to "safety" have died as bombs are dropped on the supposed safe zones too: A New York Times analysis of satellite imagery suggests that Israel has dropped more than 200 2,000-pound bombs in the area of South Gaza where it told Palestinians to flee. For perspective, the United States used only one such bomb in its entire campaign against ISIS.
One Israeli minister said i an interview that in 1or 2 years she would be riding her bike down the beach in LA like nothing had happened.

No way.

The Israelis have no idea how bad the backlash for this is going to be.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
> Christmas.
2024 with some anxiety.
I'm with you here, John.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

spottybrowncow wrote:
I'd like to wish everyone on the forum, and especially those with whom I disagree, a very Merry Christmas.
My best to you as well, spotty. Stay strong in 2024.