Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

China in the Middle East

Post by Bob Butler »

Not surprised by anything in John's recent post. China needs Middle East oil. They will make friendly gestures towards oil producing states. With the sports balls displayed, that seems to be what they are doing. They are not particularly eager to pick sides in the recent Hamas conflict, supporting a two state solution and non expansion of the conflict. Sounds a lot like Biden, though some claim they are trying to push the US out.

DT Subscriber

Re: China in the Middle East

Post by DT Subscriber »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:34 pm
They are not particularly eager to pick sides in the recent Hamas conflict, supporting a two state solution and non expansion of the conflict.
No, China has chosen a side.
Why a wave of anti-Semitism is sweeping across China
The country has so far refused to condemn the Hamas attack, and social media commentators have made it very clear which side they are on
Sitting in front of a map of the world, Chinese influencer Su Lin has been live-streaming rants in support of Hamas and against Israel since the war broke out. Coming almost every day, they are rife with anti-Semitism.

“Hamas is still being too soft, going way too easy,” says Ms Su, who has nearly one million followers online, in one video, adding that the Israelis are “lackeys of colonialism”.

“Shouldn’t they be captured?” she shouts into a microphone, referring to Israeli citizens taken hostage. “Israel is now just a Jewish version of the Nazis and militarism.”

Bob Butler

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Bob Butler »

While there are haters everywhere, Xi needs the oil and would not want the war expanding. Following orders, you will see the Chinese playing nice.

Post by guest »

PH, China trade blame over West Philippine Sea collisions

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJyrUX7mzg[/youtube]

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:55 pm
AGW?
Anthropogenic Global Warming
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Re: Out of gas?

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:41 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:56 am
European religions? You mean like Wotan?
The Democrats are still trying to govern.
No, they are not. They are looting the system along with the Republicans. It is deluded liberals like yourself that keep that rotten machine going.

RFK Jr. is not ideal, but, like Trump, he will shake things up. I only hope that he is allowed to do things and not be impeached by the Democrats on his first day in office like President Trump.

Bob, it's people like you that have jammed up the works and led America to complete breakdown and piratical lawlessness.

Why don't you understand that?
Well, the religious fanatics think they can issue commands to everybody. They do seem to mistake themselves for Wotan. Still, their impressions of moral godhood are mistaken. They should be forgiving sins and granting freedom rather than issuing commands.

The Senate among other things has passed bills to finance the government, support containment world wide. The House has investigated a Biden impeachment which their own witnesses say have no basis in fact. The Republicans habitually cut taxes on the rich, putting increased burden on the working man. They are the ones looting the system.

In my referenced post I listed a bunch of crisis issues and challenged anyone to show the conservative position can result in a positive value. I note you failed to do so. If you could specify an issue and how Democrats have gummed up the works, do so, but throwing out an unsupported opinion won’t do it.

On abortion, the Democrats are supporting the will of the majority. In a democracy, this does not consist of gumming up the works. Not supporting military promotions or being unable to select a speaker would be gumming up the works.

Why don’t you understand that?
The will of the majority is not necessarily right. In Germany the majority wanted Hitler. On abortion the Democrats are wrong. The Republicans are wrong about a lot else, and that is why I left the GOP, but I vote straight RTL.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFsm6jmrjI[/youtube]

Biden Will Not Be Democratic Nominee In 2024—And This Is When He'll Drop Out: Steve Forbes

Post by Guest »

Why is the Gaza war in America's national interest?

It isn't.

Bob Butler

Against Democracy?

Post by Bob Butler »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:46 am
The will of the majority is not necessarily right. In Germany the majority wanted Hitler. On abortion the Democrats are wrong. The Republicans are wrong about a lot else, and that is why I left the GOP, but I vote straight RTL.
If your medieval superstitions are stronger than your belief in democracy, so be it.

Bob Butler

Vietnam is the same as Hamas?

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:51 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFsm6jmrjI[/youtube]

Biden Will Not Be Democratic Nominee In 2024—And This Is When He'll Drop Out: Steve Forbes
With the Republican reputation for lying, I am dubious about Forbes believing what he says. The Vietnam war is hardly compatible with Hamas terrorism. We’ll see if Israel’s attempts to wipe out Hamas makes that conflict as unpopular than Vietnam was. Possible. Israel is determined. That is one high bar, though.

I would not be shocked though if Forbes is right on one thing, that we will not have a Biden - Trump rematch in 2024. I think the 14th Amendment section 3 makes more sense than confusing Vietnam with Hamas. Lots of motions to dismiss it, rapidly dismissed. We’ll see.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.