Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Jack Edwards

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Jack Edwards »

John, Navigator,
Thanks.
Also glad to hear that your wife is doing well.
Regards
Jack

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:12 pm

These cities show what the USA will end up looking like if the policies of the Extreme Left are enacted across the land. Fortunately, for now, only the inner cities are completely in the thrall of the extreme left democrats. With serious inroads in the extreme liberal states, California, Oregon, Washington, and some in the NorthEast.
Education Shock: 200 Maryland Public Schools Have <5% Students Proficient In Math
It's already too late for American cities.

https://twitter.com/chrispapst
BREAKING: 23 Baltimore City Schools had ZERO students test proficient in math during the most recent Maryland state testing. This includes 10 high schools. “Take your kids out of these schools,” one community activist told

After @Project_Bmore
broke the story that 23 Baltimore City Schools had ZERO students test proficient in math, The Maryland Department of Education changed how it reports data to the public. Much if the data has now been HIDDEN.

NEWS: What was THREE requirements to graduate high school in Maryland - is now TWO. The state says the change helps minority and low-income students earn diplomas. But others say it's simply lowering the bar and setting them up for failure.

Doomer

Post by Doomer »

Putin threatens the West with total nuclear destruction leaving 'no chance of survival' in the event of a strike on Russia as he warns his 'Satan-2' and 'Flying Chernobyl' missiles are ready for use in ranting anti-US speech
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... peech.html

We are closer to nuclear holocaust than we were in October 1962!

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:31 am

It's already too late for American cities.
Maybe a few of them will react like NYC did in the early 1980's. This is where they changed administrations and the policing policy changed to the "broken window" idea (allowing small crimes emboldens bigger ones).

Maybe Dallas wants to do this (Mayor switched from Democrat to Republican recent), but we will see.

In any case, more and more extreme action is needed as things get worse and worse.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Doomer wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:47 pm
Putin threatens the West with total nuclear destruction leaving 'no chance of survival' in the event of a strike on Russia as he warns his 'Satan-2' and 'Flying Chernobyl' missiles are ready for use in ranting anti-US speech
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... peech.html

We are closer to nuclear holocaust than we were in October 1962!
They have been threatening this for at least a year, maybe a year and a half. IMHO, Putin can't do this right now because the Chinese won't let him. On top of that neither Putin nor Xi are suicidal maniacs. These people still want to win wars, not have global annihilation.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Navigator said:
They have been threatening this for at least a year, maybe a year and a half. IMHO, Putin can't do this right now because the Chinese won't let him. On top of that neither Putin nor Xi are suicidal maniacs. These people still want to win wars, not have global annihilation.
While I agree that Putin isn't a suicidal maniac. Still, people like Putin care about their Power and Status. They care more about that than human life. He may not be a maniac, but that doesn't mean he isn't a psychopath.

I see people saying idiotic things like this: "Putin needs to be Humiliated and defeated" (in this case stated by a British MP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ADlm3nrSw

If Putin was faced with the choice of humiliation and defeat, and launching a nuke... I wouldn't bet on him going out easy.

Regards,
Jack

Bob Butler

President for Life Putin

Post by Bob Butler »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 pm
If Putin was faced with the choice of humiliation and defeat, and launching a nuke... I wouldn't bet on him going out easy.

Regards,
Jack
We could let him off easy. Just name him exalted glorious marvelous president for life of Saint Helena.

Post by Guest »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Navigator said:
While I agree that Putin isn't a suicidal maniac. Still, people like Putin care about their Power and Status. They care more about that than human life. He may not be a maniac, but that doesn't mean he isn't a psychopath.

I see people saying idiotic things like this: "Putin needs to be Humiliated and defeated" (in this case stated by a British MP)

Regards,
Jack
Putin doesn't have a red button. The Russian nuclear pile doesn't work like that. There are several military generals that have to validate the order. How many would agree to destroy the planet and their own grandchildren lives to save Putin from losing power? Putin would be toppled and the game reset. Putin isn't worth it.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:11 am
Jack Edwards wrote:
Navigator said:

Regards,
Jack
Putin doesn't have a red button. The Russian nuclear pile doesn't work like that. There are several military generals that have to validate the order. How many would agree to destroy the planet and their own grandchildren lives to save Putin from losing power? Putin would be toppled and the game reset. Putin isn't worth it.
Full agreement on this point.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I do think the war will ultimately become a nuclear one, even if I disagree with the idea it'll wipe out humanity and civilization. However, I think the first nation to use them will be one of the smaller powers, like Pakistan or North Korea, rather than the United States or China. China has a no-first-use policy and we're not facing any danger of invasion, given the distances involved.

The war in Ukraine's been an eye-opener in numerous ways. Just about everyone expected this to be a Russian Desert Storm, lasting a mere few weeks, including me. Rather than a grand offensive with an insurgency afterward, what we see is World War I with drones. Ukraine's counteroffensive has mostly failed, but Russia's offensive early in the year had no more success. Even with increased production in Russia, it hasn't come close to keeping up with losses, based off of data from Oryx, Warspotting, and other sources. The number of dead... both sides do everything they can to hide them, and the best our intelligence can do is give rough estimates. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we were talking hundreds of thousands for both.

Geographically, Ukraine's an easy target, as the country is mostly flat plain with few hills, their only real barrier the Dnieper River. If this war is foreshadowing as the how the Clash of Civilizations is fought, if Ukraine's proven this difficult, a Chinese invasion of Taiwan or Vietnam would be an even bigger nightmare. China has the industrial capacity Russia lacks, but however bad America's position is right now, theirs is even worse. They've done their best to cover things up, but it's gotten to where they can't hide it anymore. For all the gloating I see about it, this makes China more dangerous and prone to a desperate move.

It's why I don't think this is going to look like the Second World War. The United States is heavily in debt, as is Europe, China's not far behind and facing economic stagnation similar to Japan's, and Russia is a ruin of what it once was. War might revitalize the various economies in the short term, but long term, I expect the house of cards would collapse as global supply chains cease to function.