Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
DaKardii

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by DaKardii »

thomasglee wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:01 am
Clearly it is not what YOU think.
Have you read the Patheos article I linked to? If so, what is your rebuttal?

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

DaKardii wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:10 am
thomasglee wrote:
I did and my rebuttal is that the author is wrong.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
thomasglee wrote:
He is correct about Nero being the numerical reference. But his conclusions otherwise are not connected. Why can't something that has happened in the past also have a type now, and in the future? We see this throughout all the scriptures and in our universe, all the time. Because Nero was a type and the direct reference says nothing at all about what will happen moving into the future.

It is pretty clear that the current powers that be absolutely want, and are actively associating and creating, a system that will have permissions and limit all kinds of behaviour, including economic activity. If you don't see that this is what the fake response to sarscov2 was all about (not about health), you aren't paying attention, or don't have a mind for critical thinking, or perhaps (most commonly) you don't want to believe what is actively going down.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 am
DaKardii wrote:
thomasglee wrote:
He is correct about Nero being the numerical reference. But his conclusions otherwise are not connected. Why can't something that has happened in the past also have a type now, and in the future? We see this throughout all the scriptures and in our universe, all the time. Because Nero was a type and the direct reference says nothing at all about what will happen moving into the future.

It is pretty clear that the current powers that be absolutely want, and are actively associating and creating, a system that will have permissions and limit all kinds of behaviour, including economic activity. If you don't see that this is what the fake response to sarscov2 was all about (not about health), you aren't paying attention, or don't have a mind for critical thinking, or perhaps (most commonly) you don't want to believe what is actively going down.
I'm not going down without a fight. Better dead than Red. (Or Blue)

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:20 am
DaKardii wrote:
thomasglee wrote:

There are two rival theories within the ecumenical Churches (Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic, some branches of the Church of the East, and some branches of Oriental Orthodox) about how Revelation will play out.

The first theory is that the Great Tribulation and the reign of the Antichrist have not yet occurred, and that these concurrent events will be the climax to the millennia-long struggle between those who spread the Gospel and those who oppose it. However, the defeat of the Antichrist will not be followed by the Second Coming, but rather a literal Millennium (1,000 years) of general peace where evil still exists but nevertheless is not dominant over good. Once the millennium ends, Armageddon, the Second Coming, and the Last Judgment will occur.

The second theory is that the Great Tribulation and the reign of the Antichrist have already occurred, and that the Antichrist was Nero. The Millennium began with the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 AD, but it is symbolic rather than literal. It is currently ongoing, and is a period where evil still exists and is sometimes even dominant, but each time the Church prevails. When Armageddon will occur is a total mystery, and it could happen at any time. When it does, the Second Coming and Last Judgment will occur.

I personally believe the second theory is correct, for reasons given in the article I posted. Cool Breeze appears to believe in the first theory.

Nevertheless, it would be wrong to deny another's faith solely on the basis of which of the two theories that person believes.

Saint Justin Martyr said as such:
And Trypho to this replied, “I remarked to you sir, that you are very anxious to be safe in all respects, since you cling to the Scriptures. But tell me, do you really admit that this place, Jerusalem, shall be rebuilt; and do you expect your people to be gathered together, and made joyful with Christ and the patriarchs, and the prophets, both the men of our nation, and other proselytes who joined them before your Christ came? or have you given way, and admitted this in order to have the appearance of worsting us in the controversies?”

Then I answered, “I am not so miserable a fellow, Trypho, as to say one thing and think another. I admitted to you formerly, that I and many others are of this opinion, and [believe] that such will take place, as you assuredly are aware; but, on the other hand, I signified to you that many who belong to the pure and pious faith, and are true Christians, think otherwise.
https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01. ... .lxxx.html
Last edited by DaKardii on Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:52 pm
I personally believe the second theory is correct, for reasons given in the article I posted. Cool Breeze appears to believe in the first theory.
I do not. Read my statement more carefully. Everything that happens in the Church is past, present and future. The same is said about Christ himself as Alpha and Omega (was, is, and will be). That we live in the created order (time) means that we have a hard time understanding that which is out of time; nevertheless, there is an odd eternal now for us to contemplate which proves this point in that every moment brings to mind that a moment has passed and that there will be a future moment - the same idea and a glimpse into the paradox of the world.

The Church believes that there will be a second coming, of course (that is, the presence of the Lord or appearance, "parousia"). To deny this is to deny the quintessential symbol of faith (the Creed). What's more, it also suggests that we as broken people finally will see the world, and God, for what it is and He is. That's what apocalipisis is, the uncovering, unveiling, or "revealing" of such things. It's also why St. Paul also refers to us seeing things only in part, currently.

The end of the world has figures and types that are real and informative for human existence. This was my point. They exist on many planes, and there is an end of the world that is true for us as individual persons (our death), which is why we are told to be vigilant since we don't know the hour in which we may die, for sure. But there is a chronological end, as well. When does this happen? When the Christians themselves apostasize, at least in large part. Are we seeing this right now? Absolutely. Is it fully here? No, but the fact we are talking about it means that some of us can see precisely HOW it happens, even if we don't know WHEN it happens (we don't).

Being able to read the signs of the times and endure when others are mad is clearly what we are called to do, so even though we have imperfect knowledge, we can still have great understanding and discernment. The only way out of this is Jesus Christ, because he is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Talking about Generational Dynamics and cycles can be fun, informative, academic or frankly just important for preparation so as to position ourselves and assist others, etc but it means nothing if Christ is not understood to be the light of the World. The world will pass away, all of us know this - even the evolutionary biologists who don't believe in anything ultimately know and admit it - so the only real point in life, real life, is understanding the source of Life and things that are eternal, not temporal.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:29 pm
But there is a chronological end, as well. When does this happen? When the Christians themselves apostasize, at least in large part. Are we seeing this right now? Absolutely. Is it fully here? No, but the fact we are talking about it means that some of us can see precisely HOW it happens, even if we don't know WHEN it happens (we don't).
There's more to it then that.

There will be multiple, perhaps numerous occasions where we see mass apostasies. Revelation focuses on only two such apostasies, the first being that pertaining to the Antichrist and the second pertaining to Armageddon.

At no point does Revelation say that there will or won't be other such apostasies prior to the Antichrist, or during the Millennium. The answer to that question is itself a mystery of faith.

In other words, it's highly debatable which mass apostasy we're currently witnessing. And going back to the Justin Martyr quote I shared earlier, to take differing positions on where exactly we are on the timeline does not matter in the end, as long as we respond to such apostasies in a manner which preserves our own relationships with God.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:14 pm
to take differing positions on where exactly we are on the timeline does not matter in the end, as long as we respond to such apostasies in a manner which preserves our own relationships with God.
That's much easier to understand than the petrodollar stuff, which is good because it's much more important.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Remember Trump’s 'Covid cocktail'? It could be a vital weapon in this winter’s pandemic fight
The former President's use of experimental therapy Ronapreve was met with alarm but, a year on, it has arrived in the UK with NHS approval
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitn ... =DM1497219

Once again Donald Trump is proven right.

I wonder what else he has been right about?

mannfm11

Post by mannfm11 »

The China bubble is probably the most important economic issue on Earth today. The comment that a fire sale would undermine prices is an understatement. I would be shocked, if under 20% of the world's natural resources weren't going into China construction. It hasn't been that long ago, the US came out of a burst housing bubble, that took 7 or 8 years to work off. What happened, in the US, should have happened in China 10 years or more ago. Instead, the band played on. The impact around the world will be massive.

China presents a real problem, because it is full of homes and buildings that will never be occupied. Its population has peaked and new problems will present. Housing has been built at a pace 5 times or more of historical peak, in the US. China poured more concrete, in 3 years, than the US poured in the 20th century. Chew on that and swallow it. Steel goes into concrete. A long line of capital goods line up behind these resources. The same goes for minerals that go into construction and capital goods. The situation mirrors 1929 USA, but much larger.