Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Deng Xiaoping said that America would block China's plans for expansion, and so war with America was inevitable. After the Tiananmen Square massacre, one of the "lessons learned" is that China must prepare to conquer and colonize America.
Invading a power overseas involves securing a supply lane, which implies total control of the intervening seas. This might be vaguely possible with Taiwan and Japan. The seas involved are not that huge. Australia? America? They would have to build a blue water navy to overmatch the US. They would be far better off choosing an opponent that can be confronted with their large land army. Hong Kong, India and Russia come to mind.

The significant thing was that they cancelled their latest two aircraft carriers. Well they might. They cannot launch planes from carriers without cutting down weight, without losing out on their fuel and armaments capacity. Thus, they gave up on building a blue water navy. They just don’t have the technological capability at this time. They cannot build good carrier aircraft.

The question for me is whether they can protect an invasion fleet, say heading for Taiwan, from submarines. Vaguely possible they might try that one. No doubt who has the superior army, but can they get there in good supply?

There is a saying about war. Amateurs study tactics. The professionals study logistics.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Andrew Cuomo's political career is hanging by a thread. The state AG report released earlier today is so damning that even high-profile Democrats have turned against him, and impeachment is now a real possibility if he doesn't resign.

Meanwhile, Chris Cuomo is also facing calls to resign or be fired from his job at CNN, due to the report's finding that he was among the people advising his brothers on how to weather the allegations against him.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

The House Foreign Affairs Committee Republicans have released a bombshell report claiming that COVID-19 may have been infecting people as far back as September 2019, citing "flu-like symptoms" among participants at the World Military Games being held in Wuhan.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-mccau ... epublicans

To my knowledge, this is the first time the "World Military Games origin" narrative has been pushed by proponents of the "Wuhan Lab" theory. Previously, this narrative had been pushed exclusively by proponents of the "American bioweapon theory."

Speaking of which, the CCP is claiming that a petition calling for a probe into Fort Detrick has reached 20 million signatures.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1230375.shtml

Listen to me

Post by Listen to me »

Burner Prime wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:56 pm
A great example of how incompetent and useless Kamala Harris is, is illustrated in this absurd MSM article by CNBC:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/vice-pr ... lainternal

All sound and fury, signifying nothing the article bullet first says:

"...Kamala Harris released a sweeping strategy on Thursday to address the root causes of migration..."

later it points out there is no strategy at all, and they lied:

"The plan is broken down into five pillars but it does not provide a detailed timeline or policy actions to be taken"

So they talk a lot in broad terms about the suspected root causes, but actually address none of them, even though they repeatedly use the term "it addresses".
In the end, the solution will be to PRINT DOLLARS and ship them off to Central and South America, though they balk at telling us that. They hope that will slow things down, even amidst sending stimmy checks to all and sundry - as if that is not an incentive for people to come north.

This article points out how the flood of migrants is actually a tidal wave, calling it a "flood" hardly describes the magnitude.

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/artic ... highest-20

Of note is the fact that unaccompanied minors are up over 650%, around 19,000 per month, and NONE of those will be sent back. Migrants easily deduced that that is the guaranteed way into the US, send their kids alone and there is 0.000% chance they will be sent back.

200,000 were caught, so you can estimate 800,000 are not, so we have a flood of about a million migrants a month into the US. They will vote for useless people like Kamala and AOC and people of their race simply because of race and promises of free stuff.

So America is toast, fried crispy toast, with no chance it will ever recover.
America has several possible fates now: be destroyed by immigration. Be destroyed by China. Or be destroyed in a civil war and divide the country between the takers and the makers. Or all three.

I would rather see America completely destroyed than allow 3rd world migrants destroy us and turn America into a 3rd world country. As John and others on this thread have grimly pointed out: sometimes there is no solution.

Listen to me

Post by Listen to me »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:56 pm
Andrew Cuomo's political career is hanging by a thread. The state AG report released earlier today is so damning that even high-profile Democrats have turned against him, and impeachment is now a real possibility if he doesn't resign.

Meanwhile, Chris Cuomo is also facing calls to resign or be fired from his job at CNN, due to the report's finding that he was among the people advising his brothers on how to weather the allegations against him.
No one cares. This is not 1987. America is finished.

John

Post by John »

** 03-Aug-2021 World View: America destroyed by immigration
Listen to me wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:50 pm
> America has several possible fates now: be destroyed by
> immigration. Be destroyed by China. Or be destroyed in a civil war
> and divide the country between the takers and the makers. Or all
> three.

> I would rather see America completely destroyed than allow 3rd
> world migrants destroy us and turn America into a 3rd world
> country. As John and others on this thread have grimly pointed
> out: sometimes there is no solution.
These are wild exaggerations.

The Democrats are letting a couple of million illegal immigrants into
the country at the southern border, even though a significant
percentage have covid. They're distributing these immigrants to
cities around the country, and then they're going to try to get
Congress and Biden to pass a law allowing them to vote, and they hope
they'll vote for Democrats. A couple of million illegal immigrants
will not destroy the country of 320 million people. Nor will they
turn America into a third world country.

There will not be a civil war. People have been predicting one for
years, but if there were going to be one, it would have started by
now. It's not going to happen. Period.

There will be a war with China, and the results are unpredictable.

I, for one, would not like to see America completely destroyed.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 pm
** 03-Aug-2021 World View: War with America
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:35 pm
> Good post, very informative.

> Why would America be the next stop, though, when Japan and India
> are closer and are not the most friendly with them,
> either?
Deng Xiaoping said that America would block China's plans for
expansion, and so war with America was inevitable. After the
Tiananmen Square massacre, one of the "lessons learned" is
that China must prepare to conquer and colonize America.
Is your understanding that they desire a type of world domination? Where they are the rulers of all, or what quality?

I find it curious that they might believe they are physically (clearly not) or even genetically, in any way, more advanced than Europeans.

Bob Butler

What is meant by 'destroyed'.

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:04 pm
I, for one, would not like to see America completely destroyed.
In the Industrial Age powers like Spain, France, Germany, Britain and ourselves each had their turn under various conditions to be dominant. Most are so no longer, but have become more ordinary countries, not shaking the world anymore, but existing quite nicely with cultures of their own. I could see us becoming more ordinary, one country among many, more resource rich than most, but no longer trying to be dominant world wide.

In recent times we have spent heavily on our military and lightly on our people. I could see this ending. I don’t see us being destroyed, but not being a superpower either.

The question is if a policy of containment would continue. There are powers who still think it practical to expand by force. We have been at the center of dissuading them. If we take less of the burden of containment on ourselves, will others take up the slack?

John

Post by John »

** 03-Aug-2021 World View: China's plans
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 pm
> Is your understanding that they desire a type of world domination?
> Where they are the rulers of all, or what quality?

> I find it curious that they might believe they are physically
> (clearly not) or even genetically, in any way, more advanced than
> Europeans.
My understanding is that they think that their DNA is unique and
should dominate the world. My understanding is that their plan
is to conquer the United States, use a bioweapon to kill all the
people left behind, and then colonize the US land.

You may read the last paragraph and you may think I'm joking. I'm not
joking. That's what they actually believe. It's total insanity, but
that's why it's so scary -- because if they try it, it will be a
catastrophe for China and for the whole world.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I went to Alaska on vacation for a couple of weeks. I may have to spend considerable time tomorrow once I am rested up to type comments on the forum.

So much to comment on, I may have difficulty deciding where to start.