Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

After 91 years of life, I recognise that there is no escape here from economic disaster as a result of Government, scientific and media scaremongering and over-reaction.

I would rather have died myself, and seen many with existing comorbidities die also, than ruin the futures of those younger people who we have in the past nurtured for hopefully happy lives. Now my own, and these other, deaths would be of no avail. All to save the "sacred cow", the NHS, which is doomed anyway.

Rulers have let humanity down in a vile way. And it has all been made possible by instant worldwide scaremongering and gossip spread via the internet and the media.

The multitudinous Chinese nation, who brought it all on, will come off best.

Post by Guest »

Who will fight China? America's LGBTQ army? :lol:

Post by guest »

COULD CHINA BE A SCAPEGOAT FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER? SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE BLAMED FOR THIS VIRUS...THE PERFECT VILLIAN TO FRAME PLUS THEY HAVE BECOME TOO POWERFUL? JUST A THEORY!

John

Post by John »

** 18-May-2020 World View: Stock futures surge on Moderna vaccine news

Stock futures are soaring this morning on the news that a vaccine
developed by drug maker Moderna has seen positive results in a phase I
trial. Only a eight participants were involved in the phase I trial,
but the results were far better than results from phase 1 trials
conducted by other companies so far.

Moderna started working on its Covid-19 vaccine as soon as Chinese
scientists put out the gene sequence for the virus in January. By late
February, Moderna’s scientists had already delivered the first batch
of candidate vaccines to researchers at the U.S. National Institutes
of Health. In mid-March, the first healthy patient received a dose in
the government-sponsored safety trial. (Bloomberg)

A phase 2 trial will begin right away, and a phase 3 trial is
scheduled for July.

The Trump administration "Warp Speed" policy is for the federal
government to fund manufacturing millions of doses of a test vaccine,
even while testing is underway, so that the vaccine can be deployed as
quickly as possible, by the end of this year.

There's also an international political furor developing over how any
successful vaccine will be distributed -- and whether it will be
available to developing countries as well as to Western countries.
There's also a suspicion that if China is the first to develop a
vaccine, then they will be unwilling to share it.

The preliminary results with 8 people have been very encouraging,
based on new technology developed by Moderna. Stock futures are
surging this morning, but as we all know, they'll fall just as quickly
if anything goes wrong with the tests.

---- Sources:

-- Early data show Moderna Covid-19 vaccine generates immune response
https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/18/ear ... -response/
(Stat News, 18-May-2020)

-- Coronavirus Vaccine From Moderna Shows Early Signs of Viral Immune
Response
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-response
(Bloomberg, 18-May-2020)

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 am
Once again, the Chinese and Japanese people really hate each other. The Chinese want revenge for WW II -- for Japan's invasion of China, for the comfort women, for the Rape of Nanking, for Japan's war crimes, and for the horrific chemical and biological warfare atrocities committed on Chinese people by Japan's Unit 731.
I agree that the Chinese hate the Japanese. They still talk about the horrors Japan did in WWII. But how much hate do the Japanese have for the Chinese? Why?

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Mutually Assured Destruction might have been a popular belief, it wasn't necessarily military policy. The Soviet Union, in fact, thought a nuclear war could both be winnable and considered scenarios where such a conflict would last for months or even years.

Even if China has 3,000 nuclear warheads, that still isn't going to be enough to cripple our ability to make war. During the Cold War, we had over 12,000 targets in the Soviet Union, many of which required multiple warheads. Missile silos, SAM sites, command and control centers, air fields, barracks, naval bases, nuclear production facilities, storage facilities, leadership bunkers, factories, weapons depots, oil tanks and fields, ports, shipyards. . . that's not even taking into consideration targets in Russia, Japan, India, and other nations, our bases throughout the Pacific.

I'd expect over the course of the war, nuclear weapons will be mass-produced, along with the construction of better missile defenses. How many will ultimately be used I couldn't even begin to predict.

Micky d

Post by Micky d »

Now is the time for the US to switch supply lines and manufacturing from China to our nation especially for critical infrastructure and meds. This will take time and this is what the government should be helping with low cost loans for business and training for employees. This is the only path to a long term recovery for our nation.

Trump winning

Post by Trump winning »

Hydroxychloroquine with zinc works if taken early is what non-evil health experts have reported. Trump is smart.

Gotta love the LEFTIST HEADS EXPLODING across the Nation over this.

Hydroxychloroquine With Zinc

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Trevor wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:54 am

I'd expect over the course of the war, nuclear weapons will be mass-produced, along with the construction of better missile defenses. How many will ultimately be used I couldn't even begin to predict.
We don't have the capacity to rapidly construct more weapons quickly nor does anyone else. Barring a very long war it's a matter of use what you got. On the other hand, the US and Russia do have a lot of weapons in storage but neither have spare missiles or bomb casings to carry them. Ends up being the same story.

Post by Guest »

"Taiwan cannot accept becoming part of China under its ‘one country, two systems’ offer of autonomy", President Tsai Ing-wen said as she was sworn in for her second and final term today.