12-Oct-18 World View -- Constantinople grants Ukrainian Orthodox Church independence, causing historic split with Russia

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 12-Oct-18 World View -- Constantinople grants Ukrainian Orthodox Church independence, causing historic split with Ru

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:Russians are so evil....

Отава Ё
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wjLI2eslv8
Germans are so evil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OQxVW2vDJw
:)

Propaganda is as propaganda does,.. 'tis true.

But consider what was being "advocated" in those two examples of "propaganda".

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than that there are actual humans with their actual culture (nationality) to consider, and that neither typical humans nor organic cultures are evil per se.

It's rather easy to get caught up in the competition of cultures. It's rather easy to lose sight of the real people within our various cultures.

If there is an argument that any and every person within any particular culture is evil, then I'd have to disagree with that argument, and would be VERY interested to see that argument defended.

Is anyone willing to defend that argument? <a question directed at anyone "listening in">

Re: 12-Oct-18 World View -- Constantinople grants Ukrainian Orthodox Church independence, causing historic split with Ru

Post by Guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Guest wrote:

Отава Ё
Germans are so evil...

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything other than that there are actual humans with their actual culture (nationality) to consider, and that neither typical humans nor organic cultures are evil per se.

It's rather easy to get caught up in the competition of cultures. It's rather easy to lose sight of the real people within our various cultures.

If there is an argument that any and every person within any particular culture is evil, then I'd have to disagree with that argument, and would be VERY interested to see that argument defended.

Is anyone willing to defend that argument? <a question directed at anyone "listening in">
So you would agree that Israeli Jews are also capable of evil? Or that at least they also commit evil acts? (And I don't just mean lone individuals. People act collectively as countries.)

Post by Guest »

"If there is an argument that any and every person within any particular culture is evil, then I'd have to disagree with that argument, and would be VERY interested to see that argument defended."

Stop being stupid for just one second. Your holier than thou crap is moronic. This sentence should be tattooed on your forehead like the Mark of Cain. What a corny thing to say. Okay, I have wasted enough of my time on you. Now put on your pink pussy hat and bang your head against a brick wall until you are dead.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: Germans are so evil...

So you would agree that Israeli Jews are also capable of evil? Or that at least they also commit evil acts? (And I don't just mean lone individuals. People act collectively as countries.)
Yeah, I would. Jews aren't special. (Cue the Schindler's List soundtrack...)

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote: Germans are so evil...

http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OQxVW2vDJw

But consider what was being "advocated" in those ...
Any human is capable of evil. Is that REALLY a controversial thing to say? :)

Masses of people are not PEOPLE, of course, but masses of people do tend to act in "least common denominator" ways that emphasize the "emotions" of fear, panic and resentment.

What is your point? No one, and no group, is immune to acting badly (some degree of evilness).

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:"If there is an argument that any and every person within any particular culture is evil, then I'd have to disagree with that argument, and would be VERY interested to see that argument defended."

Stop being stupid for just one second. Your holier than thou crap is moronic. This sentence should be tattooed on your forehead like the Mark of Cain. What a corny thing to say. Okay, I have wasted enough of my time on you. Now put on your pink pussy hat and bang your head against a brick wall until you are dead.
<chuckle!>

So you're not into defending your statements/opinions? That sounds about par for ya! :)

Assume that I am being stupid (which you apparently do, so that shouldn't be too hard) for a moment, and explain to me where what I said is "less than helpful or intelligent".

What is the basic disagreement you have with my "point of view", and why should I word things differently?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it! :)

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest wrote:

Отава Ё
Germans are so evil...

Boomers are incapable of understanding that there were atrocities on all sides during the war (WW2). Germans were good people during the war. Once a Civilization stops permitting new ideas from being incorporated, it begins to decline. In that regard the true turning point of WW2 wasn't D-day, not Kursk, not Stalingrad, not even pearl harbor as well as the Moscow battle which occurred just before the Japanese bombed pearl harbor. The true turning point was July 1941 when the world for some reason rejected the new forms of human relations recently proposed by Germany in June 1941, roosevelt essentially oriented US policy around achieving what would become regime change and unconditional surrender of Germany and Japan at this time, even though we were not even in the war yet. At the same time the second and later waves of soviet troops for some unknown reason did not surrender to the Germans even when defeated even though the first wave of soviet troops had surrendered to the Germans in droves after being defeated in the beginning weeks of the eastern war.

Yada yada

Post by Yada yada »

Guest wrote:"If there is an argument that any and every person within any particular culture is evil, then I'd have to disagree with that argument, and would be VERY interested to see that argument defended."

<chuckle!>

So you're not into defending your statements/opinions? That sounds about par for ya! :)

Assume that I am being stupid (which you apparently do, so that shouldn't be too hard) for a moment, and explain to me where what I said is "less than helpful or intelligent".

What is the basic disagreement you have with my "point of view", and why should I word things differently?

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it! :)
Dude, never run for office. You wouldn't win. You must just be doing all of this as some kind of joke.

FishbellykanakaDude

CH86 wrote:
Guest wrote:...
Boomers are incapable of understanding that there were atrocities on all sides during the war (WW2). Germans were good people during the war. Once a Civilization stops permitting new ideas from being incorporated, it begins to decline. In that regard the true turning point of WW2 wasn't D-day, not Kursk, not Stalingrad, not even pearl harbor as well as the Moscow battle which occurred just before the Japanese bombed pearl harbor. The true turning point was July 1941 when the world for some reason rejected the new forms of human relations recently proposed by Germany in June 1941, roosevelt essentially oriented US policy around achieving what would become regime change and unconditional surrender of Germany and Japan at this time, even though we were not even in the war yet. At the same time the second and later waves of soviet troops for some unknown reason did not surrender to the Germans even when defeated even though the first wave of soviet troops had surrendered to the Germans in droves after being defeated in the beginning weeks of the eastern war.
You're quite wrong as to "boomers" not understanding that atrocities were committed on both sides.

..they just don't like the fact, and see no need to "implicate themselves" (their side) when "they won".

You are quite right that the "end of the war" started when (nearly) total war was accepted as "the thing to do" by the war planners.

And that's the whole point of what REALLY makes a "Genocidal Period Crisis War" (a GD Crisis War). Until people really believe that their very survival (and/or their "cultural survival") is credibly threatened, they try as hard as they can to "kick the can down the road". Once they do believe the threat then genocide becomes acceptable.

But genocide is ALWAYS and ONLY an expedient (and quickly regretted by "normal society"), and trying to make it "normal" will devour the proponent, sending them into infamy and the woodchipper,.. if one is handy.