1-Oct-18 World View -- UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Oct-18 World View -- UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning

Post by John »

Russia says that UK violates its commitment to the Arctic Council

** 1-Oct-18 World View -- UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181001

Contents:
UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning
Russia says that UK violates its commitment to the Arctic Council

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, UK, Russia, Norway,
Novichok, Sergei Skripal, Yulia Skripal,
Gavin Williamson, Arctic Council

Re: 1-Oct-18 World View -- UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning

Post by Guest »

From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, Russia and Britain are not headed for war. Historically, the Russians love the British, and the British have no particular ill feelings towards any Russians except Putin and his cadre of officials who are going around poisoning people on British soil with the nerve agent Novichok. However, eastern Europe is extremely volatile, and it's possible at some point that Russia will be involved in a war with Ukraine or other east European countries, as has happened many times in the past few centuries. For that reason, Britain's decision to set up a new military base in northern Norway could be quite significant.
Why is setting up a base in Norway significant? Does that mean war could break out with Russia in the Arctic? Also, England fought Russia in the Crimean War and they were deadly enemies in the Cold War. Why is war unlikely now? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

John

Re: 1-Oct-18 World View -- UK to challenge Russia in Arctic, at time of tensions over Skripal poisoning

Post by John »

> From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, Russia and
> Britain are not headed for war. Historically, the Russians love
> the British, and the British have no particular ill feelings
> towards any Russians except Putin and his cadre of officials who
> are going around poisoning people on British soil with the nerve
> agent Novichok. However, eastern Europe is extremely volatile, and
> it's possible at some point that Russia will be involved in a war
> with Ukraine or other east European countries, as has happened
> many times in the past few centuries. For that reason, Britain's
> decision to set up a new military base in northern Norway could be
> quite significant.
Guest wrote: > Why is setting up a base in Norway significant? Does that mean war
> could break out with Russia in the Arctic? Also, England fought
> Russia in the Crimean War and they were deadly enemies in the Cold
> War. Why is war unlikely now? You seem to be contradicting
> yourself.

In WW II, Russia and the UK were allies, but Russia was at war with
Germany and some east European countries.

I would expect something similar to occur, but a lot more information
is needed to try to predict the exact lineup.

If you live in Europe, perhaps you have some insight you could share.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
> From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, Russia and
> Britain are not headed for war. Historically, the Russians love
> the British, and the British have no particular ill feelings
> towards any Russians except Putin and his cadre of officials who
> are going around poisoning people on British soil with the nerve
> agent Novichok. However, eastern Europe is extremely volatile, and
> it's possible at some point that Russia will be involved in a war
> with Ukraine or other east European countries, as has happened
> many times in the past few centuries. For that reason, Britain's
> decision to set up a new military base in northern Norway could be
> quite significant.
Guest wrote: > Why is setting up a base in Norway significant? Does that mean war
> could break out with Russia in the Arctic? Also, England fought
> Russia in the Crimean War and they were deadly enemies in the Cold
> War. Why is war unlikely now? You seem to be contradicting
> yourself.

In WW II, Russia and the UK were allies, but Russia was at war with
Germany and some east European countries.

I would expect something similar to occur, but a lot more information
is needed to try to predict the exact lineup.

If you live in Europe, perhaps you have some insight you could share.
The biggest enemy I can see in Europe is illegal and legal migration. I don't like Russians, but I would rather drive the invaders out of Europe before waging war against other Europeans. Russia is dying demographically anyway. How much longer will they be threat?

Silent Guest 1

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

Guest:
Welcome. Wherever you are, our thought paths are similar.
An odd time for UK to spout, "Rule Britania". Even if royal military does exist in fighting form, May constantly evidences her lack of domestic and foreign leadership skills.
Russia is indeed empire rebuilding and expanding. The idea of a Russian base in Norway is insane. As John points out, the Artic whatever does not rate treaty status. And I again stress that nations are sovereign. International law is nonexistent. Words have lost meaning so relying on discussions/negotiations is futile. What one long discarded male suitor once said to me applies here: "I am going to do what I am going to do".
More than the door hit him on his way out.

Post by Guest »

Why do you keep minimizing people's concerns (anger) over mass migration, John? Most of the posters on the board from wherever are extremely upset about what is happening in their countries. Why do you dismiss their concerns so easily? Is there a GD factor at work here? This is not about immigration, it's about mass migration. There is a difference.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > Why do you keep minimizing people's concerns (anger) over mass
> migration, John? Most of the posters on the board from wherever
> are extremely upset about what is happening in their
> countries. Why do you dismiss their concerns so easily? Is there a
> GD factor at work here? This is not about immigration, it's about
> mass migration. There is a difference.
In WW II, tens of millions of Europeans were killed.

In the last four years, terrorism killed about 400 Europeans.

A lot more people than that were killed in traffic accidents.

Go home and get a nice quiet sleep.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/h ... nd-arrests

Post by Guest »

But I don't think people are worried about terrorist attacks as much as losing their countries to foreign migrants; not to mention the extremely violent crime that comes with these people. I'm a mixed race person, and I don't want to see my country overrun. So it's not racism that is at the root of the issue. Migrant homelands remain black or brown or whatever. White countries are disappearing. What''s right about that?

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:But I don't think people are worried about terrorist attacks as much as losing their countries to foreign migrants; not to mention the extremely violent crime that comes with these people. I'm a mixed race person, and I don't want to see my country overrun. So it's not racism that is at the root of the issue. Migrant homelands remain black or brown or whatever. White countries are disappearing. What''s right about that?
The people "concerned" about their country being overrun will die soon, and be "out of the way".

The people "irate" about their country being overrun will reconquer it, but they're too young to know that yet.

The people driven from their "ancestral grounds" will largely find death trying to get back home.

And the people "at home" will have enough to worry about at home to leave home.

..but in the meantime, enjoy the scrambling and panic,.. as well as you can.