26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John
Posts: 7681
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby John » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:58 pm

26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Violence escalates in North Kivu, DRC, along with Ebola


** 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e180926.htm#e180926



Contents:
World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo
Violence escalates in North Kivu, DRC, along with Ebola


Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Democratic Republic of Congo, DRC,
North Kivu, Beni, Ebola, Rwanda, Uganda,
World Health Organization, WHO, Peter Salama,
Alliance of Democratic Forces, ADP

Guest

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 am

John wrote:The militia that Salama named as having "enormous capabilities is the ADF, which is the Alliance of Democratic Forces, a group of Islamists formed in the late 1990s in western Uganda to fight the government of Uganda.

You need a close quotation.

John wrote:If WHO workers can perform vaccinations or contact tracing, and cannot isolate people who have already contracted the disease, there is nothing to stop it from spreading rapidly.

This should be in the negative.

Deus Vult

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby Deus Vult » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:50 am

What do you think of this week's issue of Der Speigel in which Cardinals and bishops are quoted as calling Pope Francis a liar. Will the Catholic Church fracture? Francis has been an absolute disaster for The Church.

I'm a Protestant, but I find it astonishing that a Catholic Pope would take The Church in the direction of main stream (and empty) Protestant churches. No wonder Islam is so attractive to today's youth.

How will the West survive without faith?

silent guest 1

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby silent guest 1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:58 am

:o
My goodness. A potential DRC health crisis and Guest is parsing. While the pontiff's whitewashing of sin is indeed disgusting, ignoring a plague is a mite insensitive, Deus.
WHO staff understood risks when agreeing to their assignments. As medical personnel who no doubt knew recent African history, risks are a given. The outrage of UN "peacekeepers" at having to ACT or be killed is ludicrous and points out the utter uselessness of the UN.
Legal American citizens have reason to be grateful. President Trump will not be importing ebola patients. That of barry's mountainous treasonous acts showed his profound hatred for America and Americans. (And I, for one, will be grateful to be spared another lecture from the NWO CDC staff when questioned.)

Deus Vult

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby Deus Vult » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:17 am

silent guest 1 wrote::o
My goodness. A potential DRC health crisis and Guest is parsing. While the pontiff's whitewashing of sin is indeed disgusting, ignoring a plague is a mite insensitive, Deus.
WHO staff understood risks when agreeing to their assignments. As medical personnel who no doubt knew recent African history, risks are a given. The outrage of UN "peacekeepers" at having to ACT or be killed is ludicrous and points out the utter uselessness of the UN.
Legal American citizens have reason to be grateful. President Trump will not be importing ebola patients. That of barry's mountainous treasonous acts showed his profound hatred for America and Americans. (And I, for one, will be grateful to be spared another lecture from the NWO CDC staff when questioned.)

I'm not ignoring it. Ebola has and always will run its course; like all other diseases. Insensitivity is exactly what is needed. For too long have we avoided the tough questions for fear of offending someone. Be offended, silent guest.

The issues surrounding the Pontiff are much more worrisome. This is about the survival of civilization. Ebola will not wipe out Africa; however,the collapse of Christianity will mean the end of Western Civilization.

silent guest 1

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby silent guest 1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:36 pm

:roll:
No wonder John is dubious about humanity's fate. Insensitivity to painful deaths from contagious plagues is not a virtue.
Francis is certainly not representative of Christianity. The word "infallible" applies in no way to this socialist politician. Denominations and cults are numerous. The church is the body of those in Christ. Ways of worship vary; however, the core is belief in the Triune
God the Father
Jesus the Saving Redeeming Interceding Son
the Holy Spirit, Guide, Comforter, Advocate and Unifier.
Francis is a person who holds a position of authority and he is whitewashing sin. Certainly not a positive Christian witness. Each person is accountable for his/her own beliefs. Francis has a higher accountability. I point out that no such gift to the church as "pope" is ever mentioned in Scripture. Christianity does not live or die in Francis. Life is through Jesus.

User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby Tom Mazanec » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Deus Vult wrote:
silent guest 1 wrote::o
My goodness. A potential DRC health crisis and Guest is parsing. While the pontiff's whitewashing of sin is indeed disgusting, ignoring a plague is a mite insensitive, Deus.
WHO staff understood risks when agreeing to their assignments. As medical personnel who no doubt knew recent African history, risks are a given. The outrage of UN "peacekeepers" at having to ACT or be killed is ludicrous and points out the utter uselessness of the UN.
Legal American citizens have reason to be grateful. President Trump will not be importing ebola patients. That of barry's mountainous treasonous acts showed his profound hatred for America and Americans. (And I, for one, will be grateful to be spared another lecture from the NWO CDC staff when questioned.)

I'm not ignoring it. Ebola has and always will run its course; like all other diseases. Insensitivity is exactly what is needed. For too long have we avoided the tough questions for fear of offending someone. Be offended, silent guest.

The issues surrounding the Pontiff are much more worrisome. This is about the survival of civilization. Ebola will not wipe out Africa; however,the collapse of Christianity will mean the end of Western Civilization.


Plague of Justinian. The Black Death. Smallpox in the Western Hemisphere. Could ebola mutate into strike four?
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

FishbellykanakaDude
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby FishbellykanakaDude » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:42 pm

Ok, ok, ok,.. Christianity ain't goin' noplace. Don't be such worry warts.

I'm thoroughly Catholic, which just means "Spiritually Super-Dooper Generalist/Universalist" and am convinced that Tengriism (as it were) is the destination of the future for the Church, which we all belong to anyway, by default, and can't TOTALLY get separated from even if we try really REALLY HARD. (Although you CAN put yourself into the position of eternally damning yourself, if you work on it really really REALLY REALLY HARD.)

The Pope is just a necessary position that has to continue, in one form or another, until the end of time. D'uh.

The Church fracturing,... it's happened before, it'll happen again. In fact it's "what's been happening for a long LONG time!" No biggy.

..and that the heck does this have to do with Ebola?

Guest JP

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby Guest JP » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:44 am

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:Ok, ok, ok,.. Christianity ain't goin' noplace. Don't be such worry warts.

I'm thoroughly Catholic, which just means "Spiritually Super-Dooper Generalist/Universalist" and am convinced that Tengriism (as it were) is the destination of the future for the Church, which we all belong to anyway, by default, and can't TOTALLY get separated from even if we try really REALLY HARD. (Although you CAN put yourself into the position of eternally damning yourself, if you work on it really really REALLY REALLY HARD.)

The Pope is just a necessary position that has to continue, in one form or another, until the end of time. D'uh.

The Church fracturing,... it's happened before, it'll happen again. In fact it's "what's been happening for a long LONG time!" No biggy.

..and that the heck does this have to do with Ebola?


It has nothing to do with Ebola, but the poster wanted to discuss it because John hasn't talked about the recent revelations and what they might mean (if anything).

Personally, I think Western Europe is finished. Islam will dominate by default because of agnosticism and backsliders like yourself.

Pope Francis is repulsive liar. His complete disregard for church teachings is stunning. Atheists can go to Heaven if they are 'good'? Yes, I saw the Pope comforting the little boy in Italy, and was left cold. Pope Francis seems to be loved by everyone but devout Catholics. Homosexuals, Muslims, atheists, communists, illegal immigrants, Protestants (non-Evangelicals), and people on welfare permanently truly love this scumbag. Pope Francis is an scumbag. Yeah, I'm saying it.

Pope Francis hasn't turned a blind eye to the rape of children in the church, he doesn't care about what happened, and instead has rehabilitated key clergy involved in it. I hope the Catholic Church dies completely. It's useless now. What salvation can a church lead by the likes of him and his cronies offer anyone? Are you kidding me?

Young Europeans raised in godless homes are turning to Islam. Several key ISIS fighters were born Christian (at least nominally) and they felt lost.

The Catholic Church is no longer a beacon. It's nothing but another piece of the PC machinery which dominates western culture.

FishbellykanakaDude
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: 26-Sep-18 World View -- World Health Organization fears 'perfect storm' could spread Ebola rapidly in DR Congo

Postby FishbellykanakaDude » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:28 am

..is "A" scumbag,.. not is "AN" scumbag.

Image

Which, of course, invalidates your entire train of reasoning.

..'though, it doesn't actually.


The Church is not what you think it is. It just is. It is and always has been what it is and what it always will be.

You either admit that you're a part of it, or you don't, but it doesn't care about your choice in the least. You are.

It is possible for a person to hold themself away from it, by force, temporarily or permanently, but it never gives up being what it is, which is your being part of it, because,... you are.

Don't confuse the map for the terrain. The map is eventually ugly and torn and stained and quite useless past the edges,.. but the terrain is literally edgeless, and "beautiful".

"Beautifulness" may be in the eye of the beholder, truly, but anything is more beautiful than the nothing beyond the edge of the map.

It's OK to be horrified by the "beauty" of some parts of the world, but you can't tell the world what to be. Those horrors are there for a reason. That reason is the not horrifying beauty that will eventually be.

Be.

And be amused always.


Return to “Weblog News Comments and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 15 guests