17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby John » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:38 pm

17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies


Profound connection between the sanctions on Turkey and North Korea

** 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e180817.htm#e180817



Contents:
US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies
Profound connection between the sanctions on Turkey and North Korea


Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un, China, Russia,
Singapore, Steven Mnuchin, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan,
Ebru Ozkan, Andrew Brunson

Guest

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:20 am

If war breaks out, will I have time to escape South Korea? I'm an American citizen; would the US government bother to help me? The Japanese government has highly detailed evacuation plans for its nationals; that's why PM Abe has been trying to negotiate permission for Japanese warships to enter Korean harbors to rescue the Japanese living in Korea.

My questions:

1) Will the American government evacuate American citizens (including non-military) from South Korea in the event of war?

2) Will this be a quick war or a long slog?

3) Will America win?

Silent Guest 2

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Silent Guest 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 am

Guest:
Just a suggestion from a 3-generation military person. Begin at calling the Pentagon. Document name and desk number of each person, and repeat back what information you are given. Write confirming letters to each officer with copies to President Donald J. Trump and Chris Farrell at Judicial Watch. You are an American citizen. While your safety from illegal invaders in America cannot be assured, you need not find eternal rest in South Korea. You MUST advocate for yourself and your family. Been there, done that. Do not neglect pecking order and bigger clubs.
Obviously sanctions have some affects. However, ship cargo transfers at sea and collusion to defeat sanctions indicate need for further remedies. Kim (looking gross in a t-shirt) and Erdogan do not intend course changes. Trump's turn to put force behind measured responses.

John
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby John » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

Guest wrote:> If war breaks out, will I have time to escape South Korea? I'm an
> American citizen; would the US government bother to help me? The
> Japanese government has highly detailed evacuation plans for its
> nationals; that's why PM Abe has been trying to negotiate
> permission for Japanese warships to enter Korean harbors to rescue
> the Japanese living in Korea.

> My questions:

> 1) Will the American government evacuate American citizens
> (including non-military) from South Korea in the event of war?

> 2) Will this be a quick war or a long slog?

> 3) Will America win?


I wish I could answer your questions, but I don't know the answers.


Silent Guest 2 wrote:> Guest: Just a suggestion from a 3-generation military person.
> Begin at calling the Pentagon. Document name and desk number of
> each person, and repeat back what information you are given.
> Write confirming letters to each officer with copies to President
> Donald J. Trump and Chris Farrell at Judicial Watch. You are an
> American citizen. While your safety from illegal invaders in
> America cannot be assured, you need not find eternal rest in South
> Korea. You MUST advocate for yourself and your family. Been
> there, done that. Do not neglect pecking order and bigger clubs.

> Obviously sanctions have some affects. However, ship cargo
> transfers at sea and collusion to defeat sanctions indicate need
> for further remedies. Kim (looking gross in a t-shirt) and
> Erdogan do not intend course changes. Trump's turn to put force
> behind measured responses.


As for Kim looking gross in a t-shirt, my first reaction when
seeing that picture is that he released it because he wanted
everyone to see that he had lost weight in the last year.

Image


Image


** 21-Nov-17 World View -- Speculation grows of North Korea's Kim Jong-un illness as his weight soars
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171121

Silent Guest 2

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Silent Guest 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:04 pm

John:
LOST weight.
Good grief. Even sadder. A dictator of self-indulging appetites.

Guest

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:22 pm

American living in Korea again. Could you give me an idea of when this might blow up? A lot of expats fled last year, but I stayed because I didn't take any of this seriously. I mean, this is standard North Korea in my experience. Was I wrong to stay? Should I leave today? I don't want to end up a foreign refugee in Korea. I stand out, and I worry the South Koreans would take their rage out on me.

Silent Guest, are you serious? What would doing all of that do for me? My family has had a lot of soldiers in it too, but none of them expected much help from the American government.

John
Posts: 9167
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby John » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Guest wrote:> American living in Korea again. Could you give me an idea of when
> this might blow up? A lot of expats fled last year, but I stayed
> because I didn't take any of this seriously. I mean, this is
> standard North Korea in my experience. Was I wrong to stay? Should
> I leave today? I don't want to end up a foreign refugee in
> Korea. I stand out, and I worry the South Koreans would take their
> rage out on me.

> Silent Guest, are you serious? What would doing all of that do for
> me? My family has had a lot of soldiers in it too, but none of
> them expected much help from the American government.


The problem is that there are multiple possible scenarios, and there's
no way to predict what scenario will occur.

Let's look at two scenarios.

Scenario #1 is where things continue as they are now. Trump
and Pompeo keep complimenting Kim, and Kim keeps developing
nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles as secret projects, so things
go on like this for months.

Scenario #2 is where Kim becomes impatient and does something
to promote an immediate crisis, such as a new nuclear weapon of
ballistic missile test.

You can also imagine other scenarios involving China. Or perhaps a
war will start in the Mideast and spread to Korea within a few months.

Any of these scenarios would lead to war, but the time frames are very
different. So in addition to considering silent guest's advice, you
can consider either leaving right away, or you can adopt a strategy of
keeping a "go bag" by the door, and as soon as tensions appear to be
rising, grab your go bag and hope you can get out of the country.

Silent Guest 2

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Silent Guest 2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Guest:
The option I presented is a better possibility than doing nothing. That is your choice. You are asking for help as an American citizen. I chose not to be an expat and have no doubt I have more reasons to be cynical of govt help than do you. The more DC people you involve in your query, the better your chances of answers and exit strategies.
Several points:
You stay on when wiser folks have opted to leave.
John has given you the best scenarios you will ever get. This is not the first American/South Korean question he has answered.
What you seem not to be facing is that every day you remain in unstable vulnerable circumstances, the more you are at risk. If you are by yourself, have at the crap shoot. However, if you are responsible for other lives, your accountability is much greater.
As my Mom always said in times of having offered advice when I faced a critical decision,
THINK ABOUT IT
and the rewards or consequences.

Guest

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:56 am

American in South Korea again. If I moved to Europe, would that be safer than the US? I don't think China has plans to attack Europe.

CH86
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am

Re: 17-Aug-18 World View -- US imposes new North Korea sanctions on Chinese and Russian shipping companies

Postby CH86 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:24 am

While my own ideology is vastly different from Victor Davis Hanson. In a recent lecture he had on WW2 toward the end of the lecture he spoke of the current geopolitical situation. The threat is not of A Russian, or Chinese or North Korean army invading the US from Canada and Mexico, but of US losing our strategic outposts in a war. Even Davis Hanson is rational enough to recognize the actual strategic situation. JohnX, Fishdude and Silent Guest, especially take note of the last 15 minutes or so of the lecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC94iAUXVPQ


Return to “Weblog News Comments and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests