6-Aug-18 World View -- John Bolton and Marco Rubio describe North Korea strategy, as sanctions are violated

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 6-Aug-18 World View -- John Bolton and Marco Rubio describe North Korea strategy, as sanctions are violated

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

CH86 wrote:
Silent Guest 2 wrote:Ah, you have spotted the motes in CH's eyes. Anti-semitism is far from generational. Me thinks has descended into identity politics.
Boomers, Globalists, older "academic professor types (many of whom are children of holocaust refugees), and "Human rights-ers" are to use an analogy from a long running cartoon TV show: They are trying to turn Americans into quintessential Ned Flanders'; but you guys have no consent whatsoever to do so. We prefer Homer Simpson, We like being Homer Simpson, We like being Jimbo or Nelson. We are not going to give anything to refugees, when we see refugees fleeing places like syria screaming "let us in or they will catch us and we will be killed", we laugh at them and sympathize with the strong military-industrial complexes that have been murderously offended by the refugees (which is usually why the refugees had to flee in the first place). The government hasn't been governing legitimately in a long time, you boomers of just about all stripes are selfish to support such tyranny just because its policies are based on moral worldviews that you guys like. The government must represent everyone, not just the so-called "moral people" both political parties are controlled opposition. This is tyranny.
The tyrant hates his competing tyrant.

How can HIS tyranny be better than MY tyranny!? I am the YOUNG! I am the FUTURE! I have learned all there is to learn from the old! I've reached back farther than father or father's father for true wisdom, and found what is necessary!

Strength from despair! Killing from resentment! Cleansing of imposed guilt by death of the "guilt dispensers"!

Freedom through MY tyranny! Tyranny is not tyranny if it is MY tyranny, as my tyranny is freedom!

Forever live Freedom...!!

CH86

Re: 6-Aug-18 World View -- John Bolton and Marco Rubio describe North Korea strategy, as sanctions are violated

Post by CH86 »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
CH86 wrote:
Silent Guest 2 wrote:Ah, you have spotted the motes in CH's eyes. Anti-semitism is far from generational. Me thinks has descended into identity politics.
Boomers, Globalists, older "academic professor types (many of whom are children of holocaust refugees), and "Human rights-ers" are to use an analogy from a long running cartoon TV show: They are trying to turn Americans into quintessential Ned Flanders'; but you guys have no consent whatsoever to do so. We prefer Homer Simpson, We like being Homer Simpson, We like being Jimbo or Nelson. We are not going to give anything to refugees, when we see refugees fleeing places like syria screaming "let us in or they will catch us and we will be killed", we laugh at them and sympathize with the strong military-industrial complexes that have been murderously offended by the refugees (which is usually why the refugees had to flee in the first place). The government hasn't been governing legitimately in a long time, you boomers of just about all stripes are selfish to support such tyranny just because its policies are based on moral worldviews that you guys like. The government must represent everyone, not just the so-called "moral people" both political parties are controlled opposition. This is tyranny.

How can HIS tyranny be better than MY tyranny!? I am the YOUNG! I am the FUTURE! I have learned all there is to learn from the old! I've reached back farther than father or father's father for true wisdom, and found what is necessary!

Strength from despair! Killing from resentment! Cleansing of imposed guilt by death of the "guilt dispensers"!

Freedom through MY tyranny! Tyranny is not tyranny if it is MY tyranny, as my tyranny is freedom!

The Boomer Ideal of an America (as well as the notion of a United States of Europe) that ALWAYS stands for the oppressed and always stands against regimes that commit atrocities I can say with confidence is destined for the great dustbin of history. There is no generational renewal and support for "human-rights-ism" most of the supporters of "human-rights-ism" come from the Silent and Boomer generations. Nor was the previous institutional framework based on "human rights", the GIs, the previous Hero/Civic generation built the UN in the name of global security, not "human rights"; global security was meant to be stiffened by the Military-Industrial Complex which pro-human-rights silents and boomers hated. The Nuremberg and Tokyo war crimes trials explicitly excluded Soviet and Chinese atrocities and focused on Axis atrocities because the Axis were the enemy in the war. In short, there is no institutional legitimacy whatsoever for "human rights-ism", most young people are against "human rights-ism" most foreign governments are against "human rights-ism" those governments that do support human rights ideology have the same problem as the government here does: only Silents and Boomers generally support the ideology. I'm not normally a betting man, but it looks like the odds are overwhelmingly against you. I also find it hilarious that boomers consider the idea of the people being allowed to be themselves and do whatever they want as long as it in the bounds of the law, to be tyranny. Freedom is the kids playing at the swing sets without being obstructed, not the teacher hovering over the kids and assigning whole sections of the park to be off limits.

FishbellykanakaDude

CH86 wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
CH86 wrote:

The Boomer Ideal of an America (as well as the notion of a United States of Europe) that ALWAYS stands for the oppressed and always stands against regimes that commit atrocities I can say with confidence is destined for the great dustbin of history. There is no generational renewal and support for "human-rights-ism" most of the supporters of "human-rights-ism" come from the Silent and Boomer generations. Nor was the previous institutional framework based on "human rights", the GIs, the previous Hero/Civic generation built the UN in the name of global security, not "human rights"; global security was meant to be stiffened by the Military-Industrial Complex which pro-human-rights silents and boomers hated. The Nuremberg and Tokyo war crimes trials explicitly excluded Soviet and Chinese atrocities and focused on Axis atrocities because the Axis were the enemy in the war. In short, there is no institutional legitimacy whatsoever for "human rights-ism", most young people are against "human rights-ism" most foreign governments are against "human rights-ism" those governments that do support human rights ideology have the same problem as the government here does: only Silents and Boomers generally support the ideology. I'm not normally a betting man, but it looks like the odds are overwhelmingly against you. I also find it hilarious that boomers consider the idea of the people being allowed to be themselves and do whatever they want as long as it in the bounds of the law, to be tyranny. Freedom is the kids playing at the swing sets without being obstructed, not the teacher hovering over the kids and assigning whole sections of the park to be off limits.
Well, we'll see what the "mind of the masses" has to say about what it wants to do.

What you SEEM to propose is that there will be a fundamental shift in the way that human beings are, and in the way the real world works.

The tides of humanity will continue to ebb and flow. Your "suggestion" (for want of a better word) that those tides can be held back are interesting, but ultimately futile.

I agree with you entirely that only an incredibly powerful tyranny has any chance of bringing about your (temporary) "redefinition of humanity", but as long as there is an ocean, a sun and a moon there will be tides, and they will eventually breach any attempt to nullify them.

I also agree with you that a more "draconian" world model will be necessary to deal with the inevitable massive lawlessness to come, but trying to actually change human nature per se is doomed to fail.

Tyranny is occasionally necessary. And it should be abandoned as quickly as possible. When it's not it creates it's own enemy, which simply fuels another cycle with a higher amplitude.

..the perennial adolescent will accept no laws but his own, and acts from resentment and angst.

The adolescent does not understand time, and it's great representative The Tides.

Learn to relax ("allow time") and surf, dude. There, wisdom is felt.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

The problem is selfish boomers want to take advantage of technology and improved health tech and longer lifespans to ensure that prophets generation control things the entire saeculum rather than just 1/4th of it.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Regarding boomers Most Xers and Millies see boomers as having wasted 20 years just hogging up political power and generally not blocking any meaningful policy from being implemented. Boomers have been in power for 26 years and they have wasted 20 of them( the only reason I say 20 years and not 26 years, is that the economic and international situations were generally quite good in the years between 1992 and 1998 so there was no need for reform yet). I see Bin Laden's broadcasting his threats and stance against the US in 1998 followed by the two embassy bombings as a watershed that any non-selfish generation would have seen as signpost that things were not right. Instead the boomer seeks to stuff himself with goodies and wallow and decadence and have effectively forbidden reform unless there is something catastrophic such as the collapse of the power grid or a terrorist attack or enemy attack severe enough to accomplish the same thing. The selfish boomer has effectively declared that reform is forbidden for anything short of that. When 9/11 occurred, people born after 1955 were willing to implement war bonds and and enlist had they been given the order to do so, however selfish boomers decided to declare "go shopping", the negative effects of the boomers artificially prolonging the unraveling are increasingly obvious.

Concerned citizen

Post by Concerned citizen »

Sorry to interrupt, but what is going to happen with Trump and NK? Also, Gerald Celente thinks Trump will end the Afghan war and bring home most o the troops from Europe and Asia. Does that fit with GD? Celente is a trends forecaster, but he believes Putin is innocent in the Crimea and Ukraine, so I find his conclusions to be untrustworthy. He does seem to have a huge following though.

John

Post by John »

Concerned citizen wrote: > Sorry to interrupt, but what is going to happen with Trump and NK?
> Also, Gerald Celente thinks Trump will end the Afghan war and
> bring home most o the troops from Europe and Asia. Does that fit
> with GD? Celente is a trends forecaster, but he believes Putin is
> innocent in the Crimea and Ukraine, so I find his conclusions to
> be untrustworthy. He does seem to have a huge following
> though.
Most of that is idiotic nonsense. With regard to Afghanistan, see the
following:

** 10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180610

See particularly the paragraph near the end about maintaining the two
air bases in Bagram and Kandahar International Airport.

By the way, the big news today is not Afghanistan, but the Turkish
lira.

FishbellykanakaDude

Cynic Hero 86 wrote:The problem is selfish boomers want to take advantage of technology and improved health tech and longer lifespans to ensure that prophets generation control things the entire saeculum rather than just 1/4th of it.
Generations are not individuals. Is it a surprise that a population mass (a generation) would "selfishly" hold on to that which it doesn't need to give up? (..and considers to be it's property.)

It's just another "justification for resentment" to mistake "a generation" for "any and every individual within that generation". That kind of misrepresentation only serves to fuel "action through hatred" in the speakers "audience".

The "semi-thinking" (for lack of a better word) of the generation is (probably): If I can bridge the "danger zone" that is the GD Crisis War Period (ie "kick it down the road long enough"), then perhaps there won't BE a Crisis War at all!?

..it's a natural but rather infantile "thought", of course, but we are talking about the "mind" of a huge mass of people as a gestalt.

John

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > The "semi-thinking" (for lack of a better word) of the generation
> is (probably): If I can bridge the "danger zone" that is the GD
> Crisis War Period (ie "kick it down the road long enough"), then
> perhaps there won't BE a Crisis War at all!?
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. As time goes on, the
probability of a crisis war increases with each year.

However, I believe that's what Trump is trying to do.

Concerned citizen

Post by Concerned citizen »

Wouldn't the collapse of the Turkish Lira lead to the financial collapse of Europe? I know French and Italian banks have invested heavily in Turkey, so the collapse of the Turkish currency would lead to a string of corporate defaults.

Is Trump really imposing sanctions on Turkey because of the American pastor locked up in a Turkish jail, or is this part of a long term WW 3 strategy? Is this playing with fire so early in the game a bit much? Or are we deep in to the game already?