19-Jul-18 World View -- Trump administration signals that trade war with China will escalate sharply

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
thomasglee

Re: 19-Jul-18 World View -- Trump administration signals that trade war with China will escalate sharply

Post by thomasglee »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
thomasglee wrote:Double post. Sorry.

Oh, and for the record. I AM Mr. Idle Speculator!
You TOO..!!?

<me> ..rushing to grab http://www.MrIdleSpeculator.com
Good idea. If you don't, I will. :)
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 19-Jul-18 World View -- Trump administration signals that trade war with China will escalate sharply

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

zzazz wrote:A full blown case of Trump Supporter Rabies.
As a huge supporter of rabies, and snakebites, I'm not sure how to take this... Are you saying that's a good thing, or a bad thing..?

solomani

Post by solomani »

"You open a company on a joint venture basis, in a Chinese province. And because you only own 49%, they own 51% or more, the local party leaders, these are like Mafioso Dons, I'm told -- you have to lay your entire blueprint on the table, including the technology, and they will have their experts take it over. That's wrong."
How dumb are these companies? Are they so greedy they would trade away what makes them successful? That's insane. I could have told you a decade ago China is a bandit kingdom. The company I worked for in HK made sure ALL its technology was locked up safely in HK for its mainland offices. They didn't have laptops or desktops in the Chinese office it was all remote connections to have 100% control over the locals who were known to steal data.