15-Jul-18 World View -- Israel prepares for war on two fronts, Gaza and Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

Egypt mediates Israel-Gaza ceasefire in biggest escalation since 2014 war

** 15-Jul-18 World View -- Israel prepares for war on two fronts, Gaza and Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180715

Contents:
Egypt mediates Israel-Gaza ceasefire in biggest escalation since 2014 war
Israel also prepares for war on Syria border with Iran and Hezbollah

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Israel, Gaza, Egypt, Hamas, Islamic Jihad,
Syria, Daraa, Quneitra, Nizar Qindi,
National Defense Forces, NDF, Iran, Hezbollah

Re: 15-Jul-18 World View -- Israel prepares for war on two fronts, Gaza and Syria

Post by Guest »

If war breaks out with Iran, will Russia back them. It seems the alliances formed in Syria have been twisted into strange knots. If Iran is on our side in the next war, does that mean America will abandon Israel? Does Iran want a war with Israel?

Guest 2

Re: 15-Jul-18 World View -- Israel prepares for war on two fronts, Gaza and Syria

Post by Guest 2 »

Depending on Egypt to "mediate" peace is akin to handing a butane lighter to an arsonist.
Israel has what wins war--dedicated and well-trained soldiers. Israel has taken the lead in technology, education and international rescue aid. We are headed into a bloody period. Bibi has djt in his corner and millions of prayers for his people.

Post by Guest »

Guest 2 wrote:Depending on Egypt to "mediate" peace is akin to handing a butane lighter to an arsonist.
Israel has what wins war--dedicated and well-trained soldiers. Israel has taken the lead in technology, education and international rescue aid. We are headed into a bloody period. Bibi has djt in his corner and millions of prayers for his people.
The Israelis almost lost the last war against the Egyptians--of course you haven't even studied that--that's why the Israelis agreed to the Camp David Accords and gave back the Sinai. The Israelis knew the Egyptians would keep fighting until they reconquered their lost territory and perhaps, as they had almost done in the early 1970s, eventually crush Israel.

Israel's qualitative advantage in military hardware has severely eroded. The Israelis were donkey punched in Lebanon in 2006. That war shattered the myth of Israeli invincibility forever. Such a small country. So fragile. More fragile than the average Jew even realizes.

When Israel is annihilated, where will the Jews move to? France? :lol: The UK? :lol: Germany? :lol: Italy? :lol: ...

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Fascinating to have someone read my mind and knowledge base from distance and no direct exchange. Who'd a thunk Israel would prevail in 1948?
Unless you live in Israel today and are a military insider, you are at best no more informed than am I. Giving the Sinai was stupid. Giving the high ground was worse. Historically appeasement is a LOSING non-strategy. Egypt is an aggressor not a "mediator".
Root for whichever side you wish. Despite your grim predictions, many are not moved to despair or cheering on the enemies, wherever you fall. If I were in Israel, I'd shoulder arms and hie to my assigned post. The original Zionist pioneers are below ground. However, sabras will out.
Your attitude is a puzzlement.

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Fascinating to have someone read my mind and knowledge base from distance and no direct exchange. Who'd a thunk Israel would prevail in 1948?
Unless you live in Israel today and are a military insider, you are at best no more informed than am I. Giving the Sinai was stupid. Giving the high ground was worse. Historically appeasement is a LOSING non-strategy. Egypt is an aggressor not a "mediator".
Root for whichever side you wish. Despite your grim predictions, many are not moved to despair or cheering on the enemies, wherever you fall. If I were in Israel, I'd shoulder arms and hie to my assigned post. The original Zionist pioneers are below ground. However, sabras will out.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest 2 wrote:Fascinating to have someone read my mind and knowledge base from distance and no direct exchange. Who'd a thunk Israel would prevail in 1948?
In the real world Israel's main enemy since 1991 has been Iran. You guys are way behind the times ranting about an Egyptian threat to Israel. Egypt and Israel have not been enemies since 1978 and have had an alliance since the 1990s against Iran.

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Globalism is epidemic. Those who are naive and those who spend others' money and distribute illegal invaders may think others believe treaties and negotiations. Not so. A review of Erdogan's actions vs words renders his credibility nil. Bibi is a world traveler, realistic negotiator and leader of a world power. Erdogan is not trustworthy.
Israel is just like legal American citizens: we are all on our own

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest 2 wrote:Globalism is epidemic. Those who are naive and those who spend others' money and distribute illegal invaders may think others believe treaties and negotiations. Not so. A review of Erdogan's actions vs words renders his credibility nil. Bibi is a world traveler, realistic negotiator and leader of a world power. Erdogan is not trustworthy.
Israel is just like legal American citizens: we are all on our own
Israel is focused on Iran and Syria because that is where the threat to Israel comes from. The Palestinians are a nuisance but not a real threat. Israeli credibility would be improved by expelling the Palestinians (who by the way, are being armed by Iran, not Egypt or Jordan). I am against open borders and globalism, but acknowledging historical facts such as the collapse of the communist bloc and the eclipse of secular Arab nationalism simultaneously with the rise of global Islamism as a threat to the world, that is not globalism it is recognizing reality. I'm basing my assessments on the threats of 2018, not that of 1970.

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Ignoring your condescension, do you consider Israel to be tribal or western?