10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire

Post by John »

Special Inspector General issues scathing report on US military in Afghanistan

** 10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180610

Contents:
Taliban launches multiple terror attacks on Afghan security forces
The Taliban issues a farcical 3-day ceasefire statement
Special Inspector General issues scathing report on US military in Afghanistan
I love this picture -- from Saturday's G-7 meeting

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Afghanistan, Taliban,
Afghan National Army, Spring Fighting Season,
Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, SIGAR

zzazz

Re: 10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire

Post by zzazz »

more farce from the most farcical of all the blogs on the internet.

sue

Re: 10-Jun-18 World View -- Afghan Taliban launches multiple terror attacks, then declares farcical ceasefire

Post by sue »

John, you are reconfirming what every returning military and intel person who crosses my path asserts. The bases are The Thing. How many lives these necessary positions will cost is incalcuable. My son is the sole survivor of a unit. His eyes-on observations match yours. As in all situations, cultures matter.
The admitted troop number is 15,000. Our borders here remain unpatrolled and streaming illegal crossers daily. This a potential Benghazi, 3,750 times 4. The Aghanis live in perpetual war. They know it. We are an occupied nation in denial. The men stationed in Afghanistan know they are targets. We owe them our willingness to reclaim our country. Watch a Wounded Warrior spot. We have serious work to do here.

sue

Post by sue »

The closing Trump picture is priceless. Would that he keeps that posture. The shrew peers over like a menacing vulture. The point is that djt is the center--his preference to be certain.
We approach midterms quickly for the campaigners but slowly during each day trump lurches from tweet to tweet and position to position. I much admire Bannon and his boards. They are organized and focused; the way to run a profitable stable nation. Midterms are up in the air. Trump, the turtle and ryan are vying for control. Pelosi slips further into dimentia every day. Schumer is busy in dark deal making corners of the cloak room.
Here we legal citizens are, the forgotten worker bees fighting off the invader hordes. Even in the darkest hours of the riots, Vietnam protests and 9/11, I do not recall a more fragmented societal condition. Rebellion is bubbling. DC electeds have no one to blame but themselves.

gfmucci

Post by gfmucci »

Maintaining a base of operation for a future anticipated war is the only remotely rational reason for US forces to be there. Otherwise the only purpose is to kill our young "infidel" soldiers and kill a bunch of jihadists who multiply like moles in a whack a mole game.