27-May-18 World View -- U.S. threatens 'firm measures' against al-Assad's military action in Deraa, Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
sue

Re: 27-May-18 World View -- U.S. threatens 'firm measures' against al-Assad's military action in Deraa, Syria

Post by sue »

Ch:
You seem fixated on boomers. Others exist and have contributed to factual history. Are you of draft age? Why are you obsessed with non-intervention in Syria. The battle is joined and I hear no babble from DC. Your concern over this is puzzling.
Me thinks you are arguing from the kumbyah globalist stance. No mention of our forces in Yemen or South Korea or large deployment in Afghanistan. Your position has no substance. Apparently you learned nothing from barry's 8 years of pen and phone lawlessness. There's a whole intelligent world out here when you abandon talking points.

CH86

Re: 27-May-18 World View -- U.S. threatens 'firm measures' against al-Assad's military action in Deraa, Syria

Post by CH86 »

sue wrote:Ch:
You seem fixated on boomers. Others exist and have contributed to factual history. Are you of draft age? Why are you obsessed with non-intervention in Syria. The battle is joined and I hear no babble from DC. Your concern over this is puzzling.
Me thinks you are arguing from the kumbyah globalist stance. No mention of our forces in Yemen or South Korea or large deployment in Afghanistan. Your position has no substance. Apparently you learned nothing from barry's 8 years of pen and phone lawlessness. There's a whole intelligent world out here when you abandon talking points.
The Taliban attacked us, that is why we are in Afghanistan. North Korea attacked our treaty ally in 1950 and we have had forces opposite that country ever since, since 2002 they have threatened to resume the war this time with WMDs. Assad has done none of those things, he is merely demanding the right to exercise his authority as the legitimate government of Syria. All I see is Assad using gloved-off methods, massacres in his own country, and Baby Boomers in the west getting all washy-eyed and screaming "we must stop this, we must stop this, think of those poor innocent syrians".

sue

Post by sue »

Ch:
Obviously I was in error. You have not progressed to synaptic talking points. You are working from an RCA Victrola with a needle stuck on one repeating groove.
Reasonable sane observers are able to identify genocide and agree that intentional slaughter of innocent civilians is intolerable, untenable, imhumane and must be stopped. You completely ignored the death camp liberator question. Facts are meaningless to those of your stunted views. But not to fear: Trump will do what needs to be done. Your bleating and tantrums matter not.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Obviously I was in error. You have not progressed to synaptic talking points. You are working from an RCA Victrola with a needle stuck on one repeating groove.
Reasonable sane observers are able to identify genocide and agree that intentional slaughter of innocent civilians is intolerable, untenable, imhumane and must be stopped. You completely ignored the death camp liberator question. Facts are meaningless to those of your stunted views. But not to fear: Trump will do what needs to be done. Your bleating and tantrums matter not.
Policing regions where the US has no national interests there IS globalism. That is why activists calling for intervention in Syria and Burma with their massacres of Rohingyas, falls on the deaf ears of much of the young. The Boomer notion that when a regime commits ethnic cleansing against a group within their countries automatically makes that regime an enemy of america is nonsense. Have they attacked Americans and/or american interests, no they have not.

sue

Post by sue »

Ch:
Let's try this from another angle.
Leaving the generational labeling of "greatest", "millenial", "boomer", "silent", "by-gone", let us define the term "nation".
Since Adam and Eve, areas, gardens, towns, kibbutzim and metrpoli have been composed of people. Homo sapiens. Despite current and ever diminishing moral cores and standards, we are generally more elevated than beasts of the field. At least most of us.
You, however, defy the norm by insisting that genocide is okay in other nations. Following your theorizing, we would not have been involved in the ETO. BTW, the subs of which you spoke were Japanese and not German.
The Syrians matter. The Kurds matter. The Rohingas matter. The white South Africans matter. The Israelis matter. The South Koreans matter. The Yemenites matter.
Are you able to respond sans the term "boomer"?

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Let's try this from another angle.
Leaving the generational labeling of "greatest", "millenial", "boomer", "silent", "by-gone", let us define the term "nation".
Since Adam and Eve, areas, gardens, towns, kibbutzim and metrpoli have been composed of people. Homo sapiens. Despite current and ever diminishing moral cores and standards, we are generally more elevated than beasts of the field. At least most of us.
You, however, defy the norm by insisting that genocide is okay in other nations. Following your theorizing, we would not have been involved in the ETO. BTW, the subs of which you spoke were Japanese and not German.
The Syrians matter. The Kurds matter. The Rohingas matter. The white South Africans matter. The Israelis matter. The South Koreans matter. The Yemenites matter.
Are you able to respond sans the term "boomer"?
An established principle of international relations is that no nation has the right to dictate how another nation conducts business within their own borders. The Subs I mentioned when Hitler declared war on the US were German, not Japanese; I was referring to the second "happy time" when German subs were operating freely along the US east coast and U-Boats were sinking merchant shipping within sight of New York Harbor.

Post by Guest »

CH86 wrote:Has the government asked and was granted permission by the American people to participate in such military actions? Last time I checked, it has not. Face it the government under boomers is tyrannical, the government is supposed to represent the people. Therefore the ultimate decisions on policy ought to be made by the citizenry.
Who elected the President again? The minimum voting age is 18.

Post by Guest »

CH86 wrote:An established principle of international relations is that no nation has the right to dictate how another nation conducts business within their own borders.
So according to you Hitler and his band of Nazis should have been allowed to exterminate all the Jews, Gypsies, blind, deaf, crippled, and other undesirables in Germany as long as they didn't invade any other country. According to you also, any nation should be allowed to commit any measure of brutality, atrocity, or genocide as long as it doesn't cross international borders.

I disagree. It is the right and duty of a free nation to intervene in the affairs of another nation to prevent or end a clear and great evil. It is not only Boomers that say this: I am Gen X.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

You might not like it, but that IS how the law has been traditionally interpreted. Globalists have always been lawless, however. Globalists ideologues need to understand that their doctrine is NOT the culmination of humanity's intellectual efforts.