20-May-18 World View -- China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

20-May-18 World View -- China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war

Post by John »

China prepares for war on multiple fronts

** 20-May-18 World View -- China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180520

Contents:
China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war
China prepares for war on multiple fronts

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, South China Sea, H-6K bomber,
United Nations Permanent Court of Arbitration, PCA,
Woody Island, Paracel Islands, Spratly Islands,
Bhutan, Doklam Plateau

Re: 20-May-18 World View -- China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war

Post by Guest »

My sister lives in Taipei, Taiwan. Should she leave now? She has never taken the mainland threat serious, but I have always found her to be arrogant and stupid. Part of me wants her to suffer for it, but she is still family. Is war with China weeks away?

sue

Re: 20-May-18 World View -- China escalates militarization of South China Sea, preparing for war

Post by sue »

John's post emphasizes the need to recognize the dangers of deep state. China is repeating the actions of 1930's Hitler and Japan. While Trump is addressing trade deficits, which are important, China's military build up threatens millions. Taking the chance of Pompeo's entertaining the Chinese amnassador in his office while missiles and bombs fly in our direction is suicidal. This 3D chess stuff is dangerous. I don't relish being a pawn.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > My sister lives in Taipei, Taiwan. Should she leave now? She has
> never taken the mainland threat serious, but I have always found
> her to be arrogant and stupid. Part of me wants her to suffer for
> it, but she is still family. Is war with China weeks away?
War with China is certainly coming, and indeed Chinese media threaten
war with Taiwan almost on a daily basis. However, it will be at a
time of their choosing, so it could be in a few weeks, next year, or
after that. There's no way to predict the timing.

But there are philosophical issues buried in your question. You tell
your sister she should leave Taipei. But she has to go somewhere, and
unless she's going to hide out in Chile or Namibia, she may reach the
perfectly reasonable conclusion that when she moves, she'll be no
safer than she is now from a Chinese war. So she may decide that if
she's going to die anyway, then she might as well die at home.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

John wrote:
Guest wrote: > My sister lives in Taipei, Taiwan. Should she leave now? She has
> never taken the mainland threat serious, but I have always found
> her to be arrogant and stupid. Part of me wants her to suffer for
> it, but she is still family. Is war with China weeks away?
War with China is certainly coming, and indeed Chinese media threaten
war with Taiwan almost on a daily basis. However, it will be at a
time of their choosing, so it could be in a few weeks, next year, or
after that. There's no way to predict the timing.

But there are philosophical issues buried in your question. You tell
your sister she should leave Taipei. But she has to go somewhere, and
unless she's going to hide out in Chile or Namibia, she may reach the
perfectly reasonable conclusion that when she moves, she'll be no
safer than she is now from a Chinese war. So she may decide that if
she's going to die anyway, then she might as well die at home.
A Chinese war front line is dangerous to people in Taiwan but that is an is a far cry from "everywhere except Namibia". The fundamental of war is that areas within theater are the most dangerous. Outside of the war theater it becomes much safer.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Also the majority of the casualties based on logistics and other factors such as correlation of forces, the majority of the dead would be on the Chinese side.

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

The Mongols should exercise historical reverence and take care of China.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:My sister lives in Taipei, Taiwan. Should she leave now? She has never taken the mainland threat serious, but I have always found her to be arrogant and stupid. Part of me wants her to suffer for it, but she is still family. Is war with China weeks away?
The summit cancellation has just moved up the attack date. Tell your sister to buy plane tickets to Chile post haste. Unless you want her to be there when the first bombs start to drop.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

psCargile wrote:The Mongols should exercise historical reverence and take care of China.
"Historical reverence"....!?

What the cheese-whiz does THAT mean? :)

The Mongols, and all the rest of the "turkic/altaic/tungusic/siberian/hunic/uralic/caucasian/etc" folks will (most likely) do their damnedest to stomp on any Han-ic (chinese) that dare to move into their territory.

(And by "turkic" I mean the turkic language group SPEAKERS, not the citizens of Turkey. I also mean caucasian area, not the so-called caucasian racial group.)

Aloha! <shaka!>

Post by Guest »

It looks like military clashes could occur within the next 90 days in the South China Sea. I would support America in this 100%. China is strangling the world now. If America reacts with overwhelming force and crushing power, all of Asia will join America. If America blinks, Asia will be lost. We will die slaves.