9-Apr-18 World View -- Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Apr-18 World View -- Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria

Post by John »

Syria reports that it's under missile attack, 'likely' by the US

** 9-Apr-18 World View -- Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180409

Contents:
New chemical weapon attack in Syria kills 48, hospitalizes hundreds
Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria
Syria reports that it's under missile attack, 'likely' by the US

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Eastern Ghouta, Douma, Bashar al-Assad,
Russia, Sarin gas, chlorine gas, Donald Trump,
Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin,
World Cup, Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA,
Tayfur airport, T4 airbase, Homs, Britain, France

sue

Re: 9-Apr-18 World View -- Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria

Post by sue »

Imagining myself as a young mother shielding my infant son in a basement is a stretch. Knowing that the seeping death is being inflicted by my own government is an incomprehensible betrayal. Those who view civilian human lives as being expendable must reap the consequences.
Every day the UN becomes more destructive than just useless and a waster of resources. Pretending that discussions have mutually peaceful intentions allows aggression to continue making more victims with no halt nor retaliatory actions.
Bibi's red lines are given swift meaning. Will Trump's? Will we ever cheer the day when Assad is found hiding in a basement with lice in his beard or the SEALS take him out in a Jordanian compound?

CH86

Re: 9-Apr-18 World View -- Trump threatens 'big price to pay' after Assad's chemical weapons attack in Syria

Post by CH86 »

sue wrote:Imagining myself as a young mother shielding my infant son in a basement is a stretch. Knowing that the seeping death is being inflicted by my own government is an incomprehensible betrayal. Those who view civilian human lives as being expendable must reap the consequences.
Every day the UN becomes more destructive than just useless and a waster of resources. Pretending that discussions have mutually peaceful intentions allows aggression to continue making more victims with no halt nor retaliatory actions.
Bibi's red lines are given swift meaning. Will Trump's? Will we ever cheer the day when Assad is found hiding in a basement with lice in his beard or the SEALS take him out in a Jordanian compound?
More globalist tyranny, Assad Hasn't attacked The US, Europe or Israel. Boomers refuse to acknowledge the existence of international borders. The Law is on Assad's side. Syria has it's own laws, the rebels have renounced allegiance to the Syrian state and therefore the state has no further obligation to rebel populations.

John

Post by John »

sue wrote: > Imagining myself as a young mother shielding my infant son in a
> basement is a stretch. Knowing that the seeping death is being
> inflicted by my own government is an incomprehensible
> betrayal. Those who view civilian human lives as being
> expendable must reap the consequences.

> Every day the UN becomes more destructive than just useless and a
> waster of resources. Pretending that discussions have mutually
> peaceful intentions allows aggression to continue making more
> victims with no halt nor retaliatory actions.

> Bibi's red lines are given swift meaning. Will Trump's? Will we
> ever cheer the day when Assad is found hiding in a basement with
> lice in his beard or the SEALS take him out in a Jordanian
> compound?
CH86 wrote: > More globalist tyranny, Assad Hasn't attacked The US, Europe or
> Israel. Boomers refuse to acknowledge the existence of
> international borders. The Law is on Assad's side. Syria has it's
> own laws, the rebels have renounced allegiance to the Syrian state
> and therefore the state has no further obligation to rebel
> populations.

This reasoning is false. By launching a genocide against peacefully
protesting Syrian Sunnis, Bashar al-Assad not only created ISIS, which
is a threat to the world, but also weaponized refugees, sending
millions of them into neighboring countries, including Europe.
Western nations are under attack from al-Assad's ISIS and weaponized
refugees, and there's absolutely no reason why the West should be
required to just sit around, doing nothing, waiting to be attacked
some more.

Post by Guest »

CH86 wrote:
sue wrote:Imagining myself as a young mother shielding my infant son in a basement is a stretch. Knowing that the seeping death is being inflicted by my own government is an incomprehensible betrayal. Those who view civilian human lives as being expendable must reap the consequences.
More globalist tyranny, Assad Hasn't attacked The US, Europe or Israel. Boomers refuse to acknowledge the existence of international borders. The Law is on Assad's side. Syria has it's own laws, the rebels have renounced allegiance to the Syrian state and therefore the state has no further obligation to rebel populations.
Syria has it's own laws. Nazi Germany had it's own laws. Stalinist Russia had it's own laws. Are you seriously justifying the mass extermination of men, women, and children alike who live in rebel controlled areas?

What law is on Assad's side? His own? Surely not international law, see the UN convention on chemical weapons. Surely not Natural Law or God's law, chemical weapons indiscriminately kill the righteous and the wicked together.

If the US military had used chemical weapons on Las Angeles in 1990 or Ferguson in 2014 would you be making the same arguments?

Deborah

Post by Deborah »

By now (and after a day of taxes), I am not certain which of you believes what except for John who TOO is against genocide. If Syria's "laws" justify gassing people, they are morally wrong. The same is true for Russia. Erdog is not guiltless in the Syrian pincer movement. And let us not forget the Kurds.
How could anyone consider the conniving group assembled that calls itself The United Nations anything but a value signalling social club that boasts of criminal immunity? No "peacekeeping" occurs. No "humanitarian" help is given anymore than FEMA and HUD do so in America. And above and below all, nothing remotely approaching moral principled international "law" exists within or issues from those bugged walls.
Anyone who stands by and knowingly allows Holocausts and gassings to occur and remain unaddressed is without conscience or moral core.
Those buses are still revving up and pointed toward the Kurds.

Post by Guest »

CH86 wrote:More globalist tyranny, Assad Hasn't attacked The US, Europe or Israel. Boomers refuse to acknowledge the existence of international borders. The Law is on Assad's side. Syria has it's own laws, the rebels have renounced allegiance to the Syrian state and therefore the state has no further obligation to rebel populations.
So let me get this straight. It is acceptable for Assad to commit genocide because it is within Syrian borders and Syrian law permits it. Did I get that right?

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest wrote:
CH86 wrote:More globalist tyranny, Assad Hasn't attacked The US, Europe or Israel. Boomers refuse to acknowledge the existence of international borders. The Law is on Assad's side. Syria has it's own laws, the rebels have renounced allegiance to the Syrian state and therefore the state has no further obligation to rebel populations.
So let me get this straight. It is acceptable for Assad to commit genocide because it is within Syrian borders and Syrian law permits it. Did I get that right?
Syria is a sovereign state, Assad using Chemical weapons or Mass Bombardments of Rebel controlled cities in a civil war that was started by the rebels does not change the fact that His regime is the legitimate government of Syria.

Post by Guest »

CH86 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Syria is a sovereign state, Assad using Chemical weapons or Mass Bombardments of Rebel controlled cities in a civil war that was started by the rebels does not change the fact that His regime is the legitimate government of Syria.
A different guest here.

How is Assad's government legit? What kind of elections were held to put him in power? There are elections in North Korea. Are they legit? Does the North Korean government have the right to torture, starve, and murder its own people? Your 'logic' is warped. With people like you, no wonder the world going down the drain.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest wrote:
CH86 wrote:
Guest wrote:
A different guest here.

How is Assad's government legit? What kind of elections were held to put him in power? There are elections in North Korea. Are they legit? Does the North Korean government have the right to torture, starve, and murder its own people? Your 'logic' is warped. With people like you, no wonder the world going down the drain.
Nations do not have the right to interfere in the internal affairs of other nations. The only exception is if a nation is attacked by another nation and even here it is only for the duration of hostilities. Otherwise the very idea of "sovereignty" becomes meaningless.