14-Mar-18 World View -- Trump blocks Broadcom acquisition of Qualcomm over national security

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cynic Hero 86

Re: 14-Mar-18 World View -- Trump blocks Broadcom acquisition of Qualcomm over national security

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Those south China sea bases do not look like big enough springboards for an invasion. I googled the bases Radar range and Sam Missile Range and they cover the sea but not potential operations into their neighbors homelands. The Bases aren't finished yet anyway Those bases are poorly positioned for a war outside of the south China sea but are useful for a conflict within that area. The Chinese Anti-Carrier Missile is Clearly designed to target Aircraft Carriers in open Battle. If the Missile was intended to target sitting aircraft Carriers, it would have had a much longer range. Also China's Order of battle in terms where their nuclear forces are located is publicly known, they not taken any emergency measures move them toward wartime positions. China is Moving toward setting up "string of pearls" and "belt and Road" But it has barely started doing so and the wholes project itself indicates Chinese Expansionism westward into Central Asia and eventually toward the Middle east. This is the opposite of an advance into the Central Pacific. Regarding US strategy the Notion of the seventh fleet steaming directly toward Taiwan at the start of an invasion, is really an outdated notion. Because of the Anti-carrier Missile the American strategy has for a while has been to wear down Chinese capabilities by deploying a shield of AEGIS Crusiers in the central and then later bringing carrier battle groups into the theater to decisively defeat the enemy navy. With regard to Russian Intentions; Russia would side with China if their is a war, Russian and Chinese fleets routinely carry out exercises together, in the last few years they have carried out joint exercises in the South China Sea, just to make sure everyone knew that Russia and China were on the same side. Russian Nuclear attack Bombers Routinely Buzz Guam and Cross into Japanese airspace routinely.

Cynic Hero 86

Re: 14-Mar-18 World View -- Trump blocks Broadcom acquisition of Qualcomm over national security

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

John wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
In addition:

Huawei was founded by Ren Zhengfei, a former Red Army engineer.
Do you even read your own articles, that is why Huawei has been unable to sell equipment in the US. Precisely because of fears that PLA backdoors could be installed into the equipment. Britain is taking similar measures.

PasserBy

Post by PasserBy »

The people around here seem pretty intelligent. As an intuitive person myself I have always found trusting my gut to be a good go to in tough situations. However, fear certainly does have a corrosive effect on the human psyche (and perception) and can lead people to do irrational things.

From what I briefly read of this generational dynamics stuff recently, it doesn't quiet seem like America and China are at an obliterate the enemy stage. If I could go back in time I wouldn't stop Pearl Harbor. The lives lost, while tragic, were still instrumental in breathing energy into the American public writ large. I certainly would not want to give China a Pearl Harbor. Whatever happens I hope Americans realize the world still looks to them to set an example not only now but also for the future.

Regarding the actions of potential allies or enemies, actions prior to the metaphorical shit hitting the fan are indicative but not the final say. The alliances won't become explicit until it becomes immediately clear war is imminent.

Post by Guest »

The UK doesn't want Trump to visit, BUT when the greasy Brits need America to back them against Russia, they call President Trump first. Typical.

TO HELL WITH THE BRITISH.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The UK doesn't want Trump to visit, BUT when the greasy Brits need America to back them against Russia, they call President Trump first. Typical.

TO HELL WITH THE BRITISH.
Everyone hates Americans until they need us to fight their wars for them. Enough.

John

Post by John »

PasserBy wrote: > The people around here seem pretty intelligent. As an intuitive
> person myself I have always found trusting my gut to be a good go
> to in tough situations. However, fear certainly does have a
> corrosive effect on the human psyche (and perception) and can lead
> people to do irrational things.

> From what I briefly read of this generational dynamics stuff
> recently, it doesn't quiet seem like America and China are at an
> obliterate the enemy stage. If I could go back in time I wouldn't
> stop Pearl Harbor. The lives lost, while tragic, were still
> instrumental in breathing energy into the American public writ
> large. I certainly would not want to give China a Pearl
> Harbor. Whatever happens I hope Americans realize the world still
> looks to them to set an example not only now but also for the
> future.

> Regarding the actions of potential allies or enemies, actions
> prior to the metaphorical shit hitting the fan are indicative but
> not the final say. The alliances won't become explicit until it
> becomes immediately clear war is imminent.
In generational theory, the attack on Pearl Harbor was a "Regeneracy
Event" -- meaning that it regenerates civic unity for the first time
since the end of the preceding generational crisis war, which is what
you describe as "instrumental in breathing energy into the American
public writ large."

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

John wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote: > Japan DId all of these things except recalling the ambassador (the
> Japanese did appoint a emergency envoy with resulted in the
> infamous incident of the declaration of war note arriving after
> the first bombs had hit). Japan had mobilized their entire navy
> throughout 1941 and their army had already been fully mobilized
> for years since they were already at war with China and had a
> hostile border with the Soviets. Most Japanese Citizens had been
> evacuated starting in summer 1941 and the last Japanese transport
> ships left the US in the few weeks prior to the start of the
> war.
* So Japan didn't withdraw its ambassador. The Chinese today have
ended relations with any country that has relations with Taiwan.

* Japan mobilized their Navy: China has been mobilizing its navy in
the South and East China seas for years in preparation for war, and
has even mobilized thousands of fishing boats to conduct surveillance
to back up the navy. Furthermore, China's navy has been creating its
"string of pearls" bases all across the Indian Ocean, with a full
naval base in Djibouti.

* So Japan didn't mobilize its army, since they were already
mobilized. China has thousands of missiles pointed at Taiwan,
and China has been building infrastructure on the Indian
border in preparation for its war with India.

* Japanese citizens were evacuated from the US -- that's because
Americans hated the Japanese, so a lot of Japanese wanted to leave.
Note that Germany did not evacuate its citizens, since Americans liked
the Germans. The same is true of attitudes toward the Chinese today,
which is the opposite of attitudes towards the Japanese in the 1930s.
Also:

** 18-May-14 World View -- China evacuates 3,000 citizens from Vietnam, fearing more violence
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140518

In addition:

Huawei was founded by Ren Zhengfei, a former Red Army engineer. China
has been preparing for war with the U.S. in every possible way.
They've built large, illegal military bases in the South China Sea,
and repeatedly lied about them. They've developed numerous
nuclear-tipped ballistic and hypersonic missile systems designed to
successfully strike and destroy American aircraft carriers, American
cities, and American bases. They've demonstrated a capability to
destroy American communications and GPS satellites. They have
thousands of missiles ready to launch against Taiwan, and they have
large military deployments in western Tibet ready to invade
India.

By your own criteria, China is preparing for war far more thoroughly
and aggressively than Japan ever did.
Cynic Hero 86 wrote: > The South was Not an Independent country prior to Fort Sumter but
> they had already expelled federal troops from most bases in the
> south and everyone knew that they would come to take Fort Sumter
> soon.
"Everyone knew that they would take Fort Sumter" is only true in the
same sense that in the 1930s "everyone knew" that Churchill was right
the UK would be at war with Hitler, or that today "everyone knows"
that we'll soon be at war with China.
Japan DId attack the US, but note that a no point in the war did the Japanese Use their extensive Chemical weapons arsenal against US forces, even when they were losing the war.