7-Mar-18 World View -- Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

7-Mar-18 World View -- Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence

Post by John »

North Korea says it will denuclearize if the regime is 'secure'

** 7-Mar-18 World View -- Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180307

Contents:
Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence
Growing violence by Sri Lankan Buddhist hardliners against Tamils
North Korea says it will denuclearize if the regime is 'secure'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Sri Lanka, Digana, Kandy,
Buddhist, Sinhalese, Muslims, Hindus, Tamils,
Maithripala Sirisena, Myanmar, Burma, Rohingyas,
North Korea, Kim Jong-un, South Korea, Chung Eui-yong

Re: 7-Mar-18 World View -- Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence

Post by Guest »

Of course NK wont denuclearize in advance. Oh no, the NK regime wants concessions first while its nuclear missile programs go on ahead at full speed.

All we get is some vague promise that after the US removes all its military presence from South Korea, Guam, Hawaii, California, and Kansas, then NK will consider what must happen next before it finally feels that it is secure. (Hint: it probably involves firing the nukes.)

On the Han

Re: 7-Mar-18 World View -- Sri Lanka declares state of emergency after Buddhist-Muslim violence

Post by On the Han »

So North Korean officials have thought about nothing else but nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles for decades, but now they're willing to give them up for some promise of security? I don't think so.

There's nothing that the US could do to guarantee that would cause the North to say: "OK, now I agree that the military threats are resolved, and the regime is secure." The North Koreans could make demands -- withdraw all troops from South Korea, withdraw all ships from the region, close all military bases around the world, etc., etc., but there would always be new demands. So the whole promise is a scam.
Thank you, John. I work in an office surrounded by moronic middle aged Koreans and clueless foreigners. I work in Korea. I see the same delusion in my own industry. It makes me appreciate the cynical bandits who are actively looting the system. They get it. They are taking what they can while they can.

In the meantime, I continue to ship my household belongings back the US. I have kept only my clothes and a few history books to read. I have several escape plans, but I don't think I will have to leave in haste. The liberal Korean government seems hellbent on giving away the store to the North Koreans and the Chinese. I think I will have enough time to buy a plane ticket and get out of here. I might even be able to hitch a ride with departing US troops when they are sent home like guests who have worn out their welcome.

Only a few South Koreans seem to be aware of what is about to befall their country, and they have sent their children out of the country.

Post by Guest »

I fully the South Koreans to accept denuclearization in exchange for the withdrawal of American troops. You can't help stupid.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I fully the South Koreans to accept denuclearization in exchange for the withdrawal of American troops. You can't help stupid.
Of course, the American troops would have to withdraw first.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I fully the South Koreans to accept denuclearization in exchange for the withdrawal of American troops. You can't help stupid.
Of course, the American troops would have to withdraw first.
Pull them out today.