22-Feb-18 World View -- Cobalt for Apple iPhones means more money and weapons for DR Congos corrupt leader Joseph Kabila

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: 22-Feb-18 World View -- Cobalt for Apple iPhones means more money and weapons for DR Congos corrupt leader Joseph Ka

Post by guest »

If Elon Musk was really serious about helping humanity, he would advocate for mass transit, not cars. I have lived all over the world, and even third world countries have better mass transit than most of the US. You don't have to have a car in Europe (East or West) or anywhere in Asia. You have to have a car in most of the US. And mass transit does not have to be hyper fast or high speed; a regular diesel electric driven passenger train would be enough. Buses and street trams are effective too. Why does every solution in America have to have a multi-billion dollar price tag attached to it? Bring back buses. When I lived in Eastern Europe, even the smallest hamlets could be reached by 'mini buses' (some LPG powered). Americans used to be innovative and grounded, now they are too busy reaching for the stars to notice that the system is fragile and completely broken in many places. Americans now seem unable to think realistically.

I have always believed Tesla was nothing more than a scam, and a highly successful one at that.The only thing that will push Americans in the right direction now is a complete collapse. Then it will be too late, and many people will end up marooned, unemployed, and living lives of poverty and desperation in squalid suburbs. And Elon Musk? He'll be enjoying his retirement on his private estate in New Zealand surrounded by gun toting bodyguards (after he has backed legislation to ban gun ownership in America).

Tom Mazanec

Re: 22-Feb-18 World View -- Cobalt for Apple iPhones means more money and weapons for DR Congos corrupt leader Joseph Ka

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I hate driving. But it is a necessary evil in America.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain